Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which Postions Should Be Targeted The Most In The Draft? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

redtab78

Pro Bowler
: November 11, 2006, 06:40:12 PM

CB or DE

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 11, 2006, 05:35:43 PM

The top 3 poitions I would say are ROLB, SS, and RE. We need to the future are ROLB. With Brooks only having about 1 year left in him after this one. And for SS we just need an upgrade. Simeon Rice is are starting RE and for how much he is getting paid he is just not preforming. He will be cut or traded garunteed.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#2 : November 11, 2006, 06:17:42 PM

QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 : November 11, 2006, 06:09:14 PM

1) DT

2) DE

3) C

4) LT

5) OLB

6) Safety

7) QB

8) CB

T

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 11, 2006, 07:24:00 PM

1-DE/DT
2-WR
3-LB
4-SSor FS
5-QB
6-OL
7-CB

watson

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 11, 2006, 10:08:49 PM

1. DT
2A. S
2B. DT
3. S
4. OL
5. FB
6. LB
7. DB

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 11, 2006, 10:51:33 PM

1) DT

2) DE

3) C

4) LT

5) OLB

6) Safety

7) QB

8) CB
I'd switch 6 and 4 bit otherwise right...except for 7 on QB.  Why would you waste a pick on a 7th QB with so many other needs?

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 11, 2006, 11:15:51 PM

Coach..head

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#8 : November 12, 2006, 12:17:30 AM

DE, UT, OLB, S, C, FB, and WR.

gone

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 12, 2006, 12:27:20 AM

Forget OLB, seems like Winborn is the heir apparent at the moment.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#10 : November 12, 2006, 12:30:50 AM

DE
S
OLB
DT
C

DE is #1 because it is the easiest place to find a player to contribute almost immediately to our pass rush woes. DT would be #1 but this class sucks sans Branch. Safety has a real good class forming and the top OLBs look good too. Whichever offers the best value at our early 2nd should get the nod. Followed by DT followed by C.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 12, 2006, 02:14:38 AM

The top 3 poitions I would say are ROLB, SS, and RE. We need to the future are ROLB. With Brooks only having about 1 year left in him after this one. And for SS we just need an upgrade. Simeon Rice is are starting RE and for how much he is getting paid he is just not preforming. He will be cut or traded garunteed.
The most important are actually tied :  Dline or Oline.  Anything less with the first pick this year is a waste, and will hinder future wins.
After that, IMO, it is a toss up.  A safety is needed, two linebackers are needed (one for depth), and a wideout are needed.

Dline or Oline.

No more talk of safeties or linebackers.  The D-line make the safeties in the Tampa 2 look good, or bad.  This year, they look atrocious, because the Dline play "hints" of "inadequacy" (It sucks).  The pass game and the run offense looks bad because the Oline can't get a push, and are getting steered.  Yeah, a linebacker is needed, sure a safety is wanted.  But Dline play has to be a MAJOR, HUGE priority this offseason.  In the Tampa 2, it is the absolute cornerstone...

Offense all starts with a great O-line.  No o-line, and you get Arizona.  A ton of talent with no results.

#12 : November 12, 2006, 06:34:23 AM

OLB, DT, DE, CB, S

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#13 : November 12, 2006, 07:18:57 AM

The top 3 positions to look at in the draft are DE,DT, and WR.

Even if the Bucs sign a DE in FA (and re-sign Dewayne White) they will still need another pass rusher if Rice is shipped out. I like Wyms as a starter for the short term but I would like to see the Bucs add a pass rushing DT with talent they can develope for the long term. Clayton is producing as a possesion receiver but he is not dynamic nor a big play threat anymore. His YPC leaves a lot to be disired but at least he is showing signs he is improving compared to last year and he is still a good run blocker. I like Stovall's upside and I am not about to give up on this kid without seeing him on the field. The Bucs need to add a WR that brings speed and the element of the big play to compliment those two.

Secondary needs would be OLB, CB, C, S, FB.
I agree with WR being a need but it is NOT a bigger need than our defense IMO. We've spent enough high picks on the offense, now it's time to revamp the defense. I could MAYBE see us add a Day 1 receiver if we hit big in FA (Briggs, Clements, etc.) but only then.

With free agency I think it is easier to find LB's, safties and corners that fit this scheme.  Defensive lineman that pass rush on the other hand command a lot of money (even with his down year Freeney for example will command a lot of money).  If Briggs is not an option a good alternative is Cato June.  If Clements is not an option as well Asante Samuel is a good alternative (especially since he can play FS or CB).

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 12, 2006, 07:14:49 AM

The top 3 positions to look at in the draft are DE,DT, and WR.

Even if the Bucs sign a DE in FA (and re-sign Dewayne White) they will still need another pass rusher if Rice is shipped out. I like Wyms as a starter for the short term but I would like to see the Bucs add a pass rushing DT with talent they can develope for the long term. Clayton is producing as a possesion receiver but he is not dynamic nor a big play threat anymore. His YPC leaves a lot to be disired but at least he is showing signs he is improving compared to last year and he is still a good run blocker. I like Stovall's upside and I am not about to give up on this kid without seeing him on the field. The Bucs need to add a WR that brings speed and the element of the big play to compliment those two.

Secondary needs would be OLB, CB, C, S, FB.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which Postions Should Be Targeted The Most In The Draft? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools