Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why not try Rudd at SLB in place off Nece? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Aric

Starter

: November 11, 2006, 08:26:53 PM

I know Quarles has been injured a fair amount this year and Rudd has played for him but when Quarles is in the game why not play Rudd on the strong side in place of Nece?

Don't get me wrong, I like Nece, but I don't think he's anything special. Rudd is still unproven in my book but it would be good to get him playing time to see what we have, especially with the season looking like it's over.

This is a moot point if Quarles is injured and Rudd is in the game...

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 11, 2006, 11:17:31 PM

Rudd sucks......................but Ruud is a MLB

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

creekchub00

Starter

#2 : November 12, 2006, 10:52:36 AM

Ruud is a typical MLB type a bit heavier and slightly slower then most OLB especially in the NFL. If anything move Quarles outside (as he is smaller) to Nece's position and put Ruud on the inside. As a spectator I have to agree with you that I think that would put our best three players on the feild and put us in the best position to succeed, but Gruden or Kiffen doesn't see it, I have to take their opinion over mine, since they do it for a living haha!

#3 : November 12, 2006, 10:54:05 AM

Has Nece played that badly in your eyes? He's not flashy but he's a good fit in this system and makes plays.

creekchub00

Starter

#4 : November 12, 2006, 11:04:35 AM

I think Nece is adequate, but he will never be a special player in the system. I really think Ruud brings a Brooks like player to the field. He always seems to be around the ball.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#5 : November 12, 2006, 11:05:49 AM

Nece does a good job there.  It has nothing to do with Nece.  The SLB will never be a special player in this system....

creekchub00

Starter

#6 : November 12, 2006, 11:21:57 AM

You are right, Quarles doubled his production in tackles when he moved to MLB. Nece last year in his first full year was just as productive and is on pace to have about the same amount of Tackles this season. I guess Quarles seemed like more of an impact player just from his leadership on the feild, and I think Quarles was "around" the ball more then Nece seems to be? It is all an opinion and it would be at no fault to Nece if he were to not start outside. I think Ruud will get to start soon enough as Quarles isn't getting any younger, but I would like to see Ruud on the field a bit more regardless of how it is done.

TDTB

Second String

#7 : November 12, 2006, 02:18:41 PM

Watching Demeco Ryans playing very well for Houston is almost making me cry.

#8 : November 12, 2006, 02:23:34 PM

Watching Demeco Ryans playing very well for Houston is almost making me cry.
Why? Would you rather have Demeco over Davin?

TDTB

Second String

#9 : November 12, 2006, 02:32:51 PM

Why? Would you rather have Demeco over Davin?

Honestly he was the guy I really really wanted, but I was pretty pleased with the Davin pick as well. Quality LB's are harder to get than OG (for most teams anyways - ours who knows). Both posistions were a need for us though so can't dog picking either player.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#10 : November 12, 2006, 04:20:09 PM

I cant even remember the last time Nece made a splash play.. Would love to see another guy in there!

#11 : November 12, 2006, 04:39:54 PM

I cant even remember the last time Nece made a splash play.. Would love to see another guy in there!
It's not his job to make splash plays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#12 : November 12, 2006, 07:37:08 PM

It's not his job to make splash plays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nece has been average at best his whole carees. I would like more talent at that position. Nece would be a solid back-up.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#13 : November 12, 2006, 07:47:57 PM

I love Barrett Ruud.  I look forward to watching him play tomorrow night.  He can really show the world what he can do.

gone

Hall of Famer
#14 : November 12, 2006, 07:51:16 PM

The SLB just holds the point of attack in this D.  Nece is doing what needs to be done in this scheme.  In our D that's not a position you expect great plays.  Its where you just need someone to get the job done, and he has.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why not try Rudd at SLB in place off Nece? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools