Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Re: RE: Buc fans since 96 blah blah blah « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
: November 11, 2006, 08:53:00 PM

My point is blah blah blah make the city look bad blah blah

You and your Bucco Bruce Buddies are the ones who make this city look bad. You don't know the first thing about being an NFL fan. You think you know, but you don't know.

The Goobers who demand an Alstott choo choo whistle when Quarles and his freinds have just produced an all time classic Bucs football game for you.

The Deumig Dumbasses who say Gruden has been here five years and where has it got us?!?!??!! Oh wait a minute we won a Superbowl and another division title.

The Yahoos who say "Fire Gruden" but have no clue what we should do one minute after that. But yeah because we would be getting revenge for Tony Dungy and Rich McKay and probably John McKay too!  Why haven't those high 2006 draft picks of Gruden produced!  They have been in there for two games already!  Maybe even three!

Transplants have the benefit of being in other cities where people know how to be NFL football fans.  That means you pull for the team that you have, not the team you used to have.

I WANT TO KNOW HOW YOU CAN BE A FAN OF A TEAM FOR 20 OR 30 YEARS AND STILL NOT KNOW WHAT NFL FOOTBALL IS ABOUT?  AND WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LET FANS BE FANS?  Why all this bashing of the transplants and imaginary hoards of bandwagon jumpers when really the Alstott, Lynch, Dungy droolers are the biggest disgrace to this team?  Thats what I want to know, Ronde.

#1 : November 11, 2006, 09:08:40 PM

the internet is dead

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 11, 2006, 09:10:22 PM

Thanks for bumping my post, Rasta.

#3 : November 11, 2006, 10:34:36 PM

Never said I had a problem with you Itch. Dont have a problem with you moving here in '96 and becoming a fan. Very happy we have you as a fan. Ive explained myself over and over, and what I say makes sense. Maybe not so much to you, because you werent here be4 '96 and dont really have perspective on what it was like to deal with person after person that lives in Tampa putting you down for rooting for your home team. If you are that thick that you can read my responses in the otehr thread and still say this than I have no answer for you. Why not just let my thread die and leave it alone if you have such a problem with it?

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 11, 2006, 11:10:08 PM

I have been a fan since 2005...I have stuck with the Bucs through thick and thin......don't insult me.

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 12, 2006, 02:39:25 PM

I'm
Never said I had a problem with you Itch. Dont have a problem with you moving here in '96 and becoming a fan. Very happy we have you as a fan. Ive explained myself over and over, and what I say makes sense. Maybe not so much to you, because you werent here be4 '96 and dont really have perspective on what it was like to deal with person after person that lives in Tampa putting you down for rooting for your home team. If you are that thick that you can read my responses in the otehr thread and still say this than I have no answer for you. Why not just let my thread die and leave it alone if you have such a problem with it?
Let the thread die? This coming from the person who started the 2nd thread?

If this thread(s) was a unique occurrence I wouldn't have a problem with it really.  But it seems to be pretty much an annual thing.   The annual "I've been around since the hard times" thread. 

If I'm being thick then so are you. You just don't seem to get my point that being a fan is about being a fan, which is about the actual following of the team.  Not trying to seperate who is a hardcore fan and who isn't.  When you (plural you) do that you just show that you don't understand what being a fan is, which is just simply following the team with the other fans.

BEING PART OF THE GROUP, BRINGING A GROUP TOGETHER NOT TRYING TO SORT OUT THE GROUP INTO GREATER AND LESSER.  That seems to me to be a pretty simple point which every year the creamsickle gang on this board doesn't seem to get. They are more interested in establishing their place amongst Bucs fans than being one of them as equals.

So Ronde, I don't want to hear that you have no problem with me and that I don't have the "perspective" etc. I know all about the perspective because I grew up as a Cubs fan.  Thanks so much that you will allow me to be a Bucs fan even if I'm second class.  Wow I'm just honored to be one of you. Yeah OK. No you are the one who just doesn't get it Ronde.

If you do get it then I just want to hear you say that it doesn't matter how long you have been a fan because it doesn't matter who is a better or worse fan.  A fan should enjoy being one of the group rather than trying to be a part of an exclusive subgroup in the group.  The point is to enjoy being a fan instead of comparing who is a better or worse fan.  Thats my point.  Its a simple point (I think). Either you agree with it or you don't. 

One simple question for you, Ronde.  Which is more important for a long time Buc fan?  Being an equal member of the group?  Or being a part of an exclusive subgroup within the group?  Not which is true and which is not true, because its not about truth. Its about priorities.  Which is more important, Ronde?

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 12, 2006, 03:44:36 PM

had you been a fan in the late 70's and through the 80's, you'd understand the need to reach out to those who went through it...

I don't think anyone is a lesser fan than anyone else, no matter how long, however, I do understand the need to let fellow buc fans know just how long we have been a fan.

Those of us who have been through it have common ground, simple as that.

#7 : November 12, 2006, 03:51:59 PM

and its not even much that Turbo. Im not saying fans who have been around through 15 years of losing seasons have something newer fans dont (which they do), Im saying that the Tampa natives through that 15 years who slammed Bucs fans were very annoying and even when the BUcs finally got good you couldnt rub it in tehir face because the same bars that used to be 10:1 otehr fans v Bucs fans are now 10:1 in favor of BUcs fans. These same people are "diehards". That doesnt mean ALL fans who joined in 95/96 are these people but the majority of them are. If you arent one of these people Itch then I dont know why you even responded to me. btw I didnt read your post

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#8 : November 12, 2006, 04:05:08 PM

Fan since '88 baby!

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 12, 2006, 06:39:13 PM

Turbo, I guess you forgot what the original post was. It wasn't about "reaching out" as you call it. Here it is:

"I dont get it, why is everyone a fan since '95 or '96? Ive never seen anyone say they were a fan since '89 or '92. Sound slike a bunch of bandwagen jumpers to me. I guarantee almost everyone who says theyve been a fan since '96 has really been a fan since '97. saying '96 just makes them look better, make sit seem like they were around be4 the "good" times"

And I guess there is some confusion between whether they are bashing the transplants or the locals who didn't get on the bandwagon soon enough for them.  Either way wh cares? This isn't about reminiscing. If people were going "Hey remember this game or that game" or "remember how this used to be... " etc that would be reaching out to remember the old days. Thats great.  Thats not what this is. Not even close.

In any case, Ronde refuses to answer my question. I'll take an answer from anybody since Ronde refuses to do it.

#10 : November 12, 2006, 06:47:24 PM

itch are you saying that people who are Buc lifers don't know anything about football? Wow so all the old timers are lesser fans than the transplants who know 'football'...nice one

#11 : November 12, 2006, 06:58:15 PM

Itch I will attempt to answer your question even though you completely ignored the whole purpose behind my thread. I think your question is do I hate the DUngy lovers. I dont hate anyone who still loves DUngy, Alstott, Lynch etc. But I do hate the ones who say that Gruden won with Dungys team and Dungy and lynch and Sapp should still be here and Gruden is trying to rid this town of everything Dungy/McKay

What exactly do you mean by imaginary hoards of bandwagon jumpers? I dont criticize you for being a transplant. My dad was a translplant he just happened to be transplanted here in the mid 80s. I bet if you were moved here in the mid 80s you wouldve become a fan then like he did. It was all about timing. BUt you completely have no clue what I mean by the local bandwagon jumpers who bashed Bucs fans and told us how we dont deserve to be in teh same league as teh Cowboys and 49ers. Imaginary? No. Hiding? Yes. They are out there, they are here on this board. Thats why I know that most of the people who claim to be fans since 95 or 96 or 76 are full of it. Yes there are truly good fans who became fans in 76 or 95, but I would say close to 7/10 of them who claim this are liars and used to clown on Tampa fans. Now let it go. The only reaosn I made another thread was because people either had their panties in a bunch like yourself when teh thread had nothign to do with you or the long time fans thought it was a circle jerk thread, which it wasnt. All it was meant to be was a simple angry rant by me, but only afew people really understood where I was coming from. And if you dont care or dont htink that thread had any point or reason to be made then you shouldnt have responded

#12 : November 12, 2006, 07:14:46 PM

And if you dont care or dont htink that thread had any point or reason to be made then you shouldnt have responded

Only people that agree with you should respond? Isn't the idea of a message board the exchange of ideas? If you're only looking for responses from people that agree with you, then there really isn't much point to the thread.

I really don't see any reason why anyone should feel obligated to live up to your standards of fandom, unless they feel that you're in charge of them for some reason.

#13 : November 12, 2006, 07:22:44 PM

Wow surprise surprise another person with reading comprehension problems

people who care enough to read and post in a thread shouldnt post saying "this thread is dumb and pointless". Sorry but that i usless input

You have to pick a team and stick with them. If you are going to be a Cowboys fan in the 90s and be an a**hole to BUcs fans even though YOU LIVE IN TAMPA then yea I pretty much dont want you claiming youre a "diehard" Bucs fan when we finally get good. You have a problem with this Illuminator? Or are you just trying to be an argumentative d*ck

#14 : November 12, 2006, 07:36:32 PM

Do I have a problem with you trying to put yourself in charge of who others can root for? Not really, I just ignore people like you, you're not in charge of anything. I do think that your stance is unrealistic and egotistical. People will cheer for who they want to cheer for, regardless of how you feel about it. Not really sure why the actions of others that should have no effect on you is upsetting you so, but you do seem quite bitter about it. Why don't you try just worrying about which team you're cheering for and stop trying to manage other people's affairs?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Re: RE: Buc fans since 96 blah blah blah « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools