Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Re: RE: Buc fans since 96 blah blah blah « previous next »
Page: 1 2

#15 : November 12, 2006, 07:39:23 PM

So what your saying is you have no problem with the people who lived in Tampa in the 90s who bashed the home football team and their fans? You ddidnt have a problem with the peopel living in Tampa in the late 90s who bashed teh LIghtning and their fans. You dont have a problem with people living in Tampa who laugh at fans of the home baseball team? These people are trash and you are too if you defend them

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 12, 2006, 07:44:56 PM

Ronde, Thanks for attempting to answer the question, even if you didn't. I'll repeat the question in its simplest form:

Which is more important for a long time Buc fan?  Being an equal member of the group?  Or being a part of an exclusive subgroup within the group?  Not which is true and which is not true, because its not about truth. Its about priorities.  Which is more important, Ronde?

#17 : November 12, 2006, 07:47:42 PM

I have no problem with any of that, including you calling me trash. You see, I don't value your opinion that highly so as to change my behavior. I'm going to do what I please and root for who I choose to, and I have no problem with others doing that as well. If you do have a problem with it, then the problem is yours, not theirs or mine. As much as you would like to be in charge, you're not. That really seems to eat you up inside.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#18 : November 12, 2006, 09:52:42 PM

its ok, people on here think that since I have 7-8 post, Im a new fan......

do any of you remember Houlihan's Stadium?  or Sam Wyche?

to me, either your a fan or not, you like the Bucs your a fan, you dont like them, your not.....does it really matter how long you been a fan of them?

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#19 : November 13, 2006, 01:52:16 PM

Do you rember buc pep rallies in the malls?

Boriqua

Starter
#20 : November 13, 2006, 03:01:38 PM

Does anyone remember "five dash two" ?  ;D

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

#21 : November 13, 2006, 04:11:22 PM

Does anyone remember "five dash two" ?  ;D

I remember the coach getting fired after that.  YIKES. 

nickerson56

Starter
#22 : November 13, 2006, 07:10:41 PM

Itch I would never pretend that I was the gatekeeper between "real" and "fake" fans.  However, you are really taking RBs comments out of context.  I dont see the problem with moving to another city and adopting that team as your own.  I did it when I went to college.  RB took an issue with the people in Tampa who wore Aikman jerseys and clowned Bucs fans, only to don a Sapp jersey when the team became perennial contenders.  I, too, am curious to see how this breed of fan will react to the Bucs latest fortunes.  As far as transplants, like I said, thats completely expected and who wouldnt want to see the team gain genuine fans?  Glad to see yall trade in whatever mistake you cheered for in the past (haha) and follow the Red and Pewter.  On the flip, would you not be a little su**CENSORED**ious of a Tampa fan who moves to Charlotte in December and then proclaims that he/she is a Panthers fan?     

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 13, 2006, 07:42:59 PM

Why can't we just celebrate the differences? Neither is better than the other. But I think old and new fans bring different things to the fan base. By far I think as a whole older fans have more patience. But I think newer fans bring an excitement and a willingness to do new things that more settled fans would rather not endure.

Neither point is bad, both bring balance to most of the discussions on this board...what's the big deal?
It gives some people warm fuzzies to claim they're "better fans".
Says alot about their self-esteem...

No I think both groups like to be distinguished and not lumped into a bag of trolls.  Both groups should be applauded not bashed...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 13, 2006, 07:37:18 PM

Why can't we just celebrate the differences?  Neither is better than the other.  But I think old and new fans bring different things to the fan base.  By far I think as a whole older fans have more patience.  But I think newer fans bring an excitement and a willingness to do new things that more settled fans would rather not endure. 

Neither point is bad, both bring balance to most of the discussions on this board...what's the big deal?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

gone

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 13, 2006, 07:38:31 PM

Why can't we just celebrate the differences?  Neither is better than the other.  But I think old and new fans bring different things to the fan base.  By far I think as a whole older fans have more patience.  But I think newer fans bring an excitement and a willingness to do new things that more settled fans would rather not endure. 

It gives some people warm fuzzies to claim they're "better fans".
Says alot about their self-esteem...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Re: RE: Buc fans since 96 blah blah blah « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools