Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How about this for an offseason? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#15 : November 12, 2006, 12:37:10 PM

I say we get Leftwich after the Jags cut him......
Human Lawn Statue?

The guy is a good player and has improved every year since he entered the league.  He is a winner.  You can call him whatever you want, but the guy is good.  He is big and he is not afraid to stand in the pocket and take the hit.  He is a natural born leader and I think he would be a great QB here. 

I do not think his leadership, nor his ability to win as a QB in league is question.  He can stand in the pocket and take a hit but he has durability issues (Simms is far more durable than him).  He has a powerfull arm but a slow delivery just like Simms.

If it will not work out with Simms here in Tampa I doubt Leftwich would fare any better.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#16 : November 12, 2006, 12:54:09 PM

I say we get Leftwich after the Jags cut him......
Human Lawn Statue?

The guy is a good player and has improved every year since he entered the league. He is a winner. You can call him whatever you want, but the guy is good. He is big and he is not afraid to stand in the pocket and take the hit. He is a natural born leader and I think he would be a great QB here.

I do not think his leadership, nor his ability to win as a QB in league is question. He can stand in the pocket and take a hit but he has durability issues (Simms is far more durable than him). He has a powerfull arm but a slow delivery just like Simms.

If it will not work out with Simms here in Tampa I doubt Leftwich would fare any better.

I don't think Leftwich has ever had a problem with batted passes. 

I think the guy would be good here.  At any rate he is better than anything we have...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 12, 2006, 01:06:07 PM

I don't think Leftwich has ever had a problem with batted passes. 

Actually he does. His delivery is a lot slower than Simms. 

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#18 : November 12, 2006, 01:45:48 PM

I am not ready give up on Grads yet hopefully if Dan B can come back and the run improves he will improve without so much pressure. Then your first round QB is open for a DE or even an LT

#19 : November 12, 2006, 03:46:40 PM

I hope for the best for Gradkowski. I hope he can prove to be the starting QB next year. I dont think the BUcs will be in reach to draft Joe Thomas or Gaines Adams. I would be happy with Levi Brown with our pick, but then again a QB like Jamarcus Russell would be a fan favorite aorund here real quick I think. I wish Brian Brohm was coming out. Or a LB like Patrick Willis is almost a sure thing to be a stud for a team like the BUcs. I wouldnt even mind if we took him over BUster Davis, but I would be happy with Davis too.

Numbers wise you can argue Gradkowski is atleast as good as Matt Schuab, but I bet you Gruden would give his right testicle for Schaub. That guy is the prototypical QB for his offense, he was a steal in the 3rd round and I dont care what his stats are in mop up duty he is going to be really good and more advanced than a 1st year starter. He will have growing pains, but IMO he is the best possible option for the BUcs

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#20 : November 12, 2006, 04:34:20 PM

Four big FAs(Wilson is a must, I'd pass on Parrish), I don't think we'll be THAT big of players in FA. Thomas and Wilson would more than do. I really don't get the 1st round pick either. It's one thing to take a QB because he's the BPA, but Russell isn't a top 10 pick in this draft. Next year, maybe dependent on health and progression. But in this draft, I'd be tempted to take Rufus over Russell if given the choice. But taking a bigger picture look at the first day I notice something

1st: OFFENSE
2nd: defense
2nd: OFFENSE
3rd: OFFENSE

Simply will not do. I like the Young pick, but Leonard is more of a luxury pick and so is Russell. Defense needs youth, playmakers, role players, basically everything.

#21 : November 12, 2006, 07:11:40 PM

I understand. I disagree about Russell, he will be the 2nd best QB in the draft and a top 20 pick.

Im a big Gibirl WIlson fan but wouldnt mind Parrish either, hes a playmaker.

Why do you have a problem with drafting 3 out of 4 offense on the first day? We would be bringing in a young premier DE (Adalius Thomas), a great young OLB (Rufus Alexander), a 3rd round DT (McBean), a FA DT (Im just not sure who yet), a good young CB who fits in this system (Nick HArper) and a great young safety (Gibril WIlson). Is that not enough youth on defense for you?

That would give us 2 young DT, Dewayne WHite, Ellis Wyms, Julian Jenkins and Adalius Thomas on the DL. Thats 6 DL under 28 years old. At LB we would have Barret Ruud, Rufus Alexander, Ryan Nece, and Jamie Winborn. Thats 4 LB under 28. In the secondary we would have Nick Harper, Alan Zemeitis, Will Allen, Gibiril WIlson and also Kalvin Pearson, Brian Kelly and Ronde Barber. Looks like enough youth to me

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#22 : November 12, 2006, 07:50:50 PM

Grads is going to be the QB here next year.  And we are not going to draft a QB in the first round.  I'm so sick of hearing all this.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 12, 2006, 08:04:18 PM

1st round QB? Ummm, no.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#24 : November 12, 2006, 08:12:07 PM

I understand. I disagree about Russell, he will be the 2nd best QB in the draft and a top 20 pick.

Im a big Gibirl WIlson fan but wouldnt mind Parrish either, hes a playmaker.

Why do you have a problem with drafting 3 out of 4 offense on the first day? We would be bringing in a young premier DE (Adalius Thomas), a great young OLB (Rufus Alexander), a 3rd round DT (McBean), a FA DT (Im just not sure who yet), a good young CB who fits in this system (Nick HArper) and a great young safety (Gibril WIlson). Is that not enough youth on defense for you?

That would give us 2 young DT, Dewayne WHite, Ellis Wyms, Julian Jenkins and Adalius Thomas on the DL. Thats 6 DL under 28 years old. At LB we would have Barret Ruud, Rufus Alexander, Ryan Nece, and Jamie Winborn. Thats 4 LB under 28. In the secondary we would have Nick Harper, Alan Zemeitis, Will Allen, Gibiril WIlson and also Kalvin Pearson, Brian Kelly and Ronde Barber. Looks like enough youth to me

I have no clue who in their right mind in the top 20 would take Russell. He's still behind Stanton in this draft IMO.

The problem I have is thinking we WON'T be the major player in the NFL's FA this year and get all the guys you think we will get. Also, I don't know of any good FA DTs. Not top tier, but solid in general.

You want to talk youth, but then go on to mention guys like Julian Jenkins who is IMO a waste of a late draft pick and hasn't done anything but make the roster yet. Wyms, White, Thomas I like. Ruud is unproven, but thats to be expected. Wiborn hasn't done anything as a Buc so I won't assume he's the answer to any problem we have. Nece may very well be a backup type if he continues to not improve. Zemaitis I'll reserve judgement on ala Ruud. Will Allen is doing his best Jermaine Phillips 05 impersonation, where he was supposed to break out but just ended up sucking. Blame it on the pass rush if you will, but if this safety duo had any shred of talent, they wouldn't be looking as absolutely terrible as they do this season. Kalvin Pearson is somewhat included in there. Kelly's future with the team is up in the air, and him and Ronde aren't spring chickens by any stretch. All in all this group is completely unstable right now with a complete and utter lack of young talent. The FAs would be (hypothetically) a step in the right direction, but a 2nd round LB in the first 75 picks when we have 4 picks isn't helping things.

You want to rattle off young players with "talent" how about Buenning, Joseph, Caddy, Trueblood, Smith, Clayton, Stovall, Davis, even Grads is playing as well as you could ask for from a rookie QB. The players you just named minus Barber and White aren't playing well by most standards. Heck, you could find a competent rusher to pair with Caddy or a more than solid TE with that late 3rd that could contribute almost immediately. What can we expect out of that DT?

xDARKOx

Pro Bowler

#25 : November 12, 2006, 08:15:54 PM

That is plain out horrible. Why would you pick a QB that will go in 3rd or 4th round in round 1? Bucs wont draft Kyle Young, he was suspended the rest of the season because he didnt go to classes. Brian Leonard will go in the 2nd. And Rufus will be taken in round 1 most likely by the colts.

Buc u

Practice Squad

#26 : November 13, 2006, 02:11:26 PM

We need to move down in the draft pick up an additional 2nd this year and at least a 2nd next year and take DT Marcus Thomas late in the 1st

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 13, 2006, 02:22:04 PM

Don't agree cutting
bolden.

bluetick

Practice Squad

#28 : November 13, 2006, 03:38:54 PM

Bucs wont draft Kyle Young, he was suspended the rest of the season because he didnt go to classes.

Link please?

We need to move down in the draft pick up an additional 2nd this year and at least a 2nd next year and take DT Marcus Thomas late in the 1st

Doesn't everyone know by now that Marcus Thomas was kicked of the team? He will fall a mile on draft day. I doubt he will be targeted by the Bucs unless it is a late round pick.

Jon has his project in Bruce, he will not draft another QB to babysit, look for the bucs to add a VET QB in Free agency. DE, DT, LOT, WR, SS, & C will all be the top targets on draft Day One

acacius

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 13, 2006, 03:41:38 PM

Ugh.  Just say no to drafting players that were kicked off of their teams!  Especially when you're talking about first round picks.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How about this for an offseason? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools