Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How about this for an offseason? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

acacius

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 13, 2006, 03:47:43 PM

Bucs wont draft Kyle Young, he was suspended the rest of the season because he didnt go to classes.

Link please?

Googling:

Fresno State offensive lineman Kyle Young has been suspended indefinitely after failing to meet the coaching staff's academic requirements. Young, a four-year senior starter who has played in 47 straight games, was not passing the six-credit policy the staff instituted three years ago to keep players eligible for bowl game participation.

The top-rated Western Athletic Conference center was said to be falling on hard times. His level of play became inconsistent while the Bulldogs' seven-game losing streak caused frustration throughout the team.

Young already has been invited to the Senior Bowl, but the game has made a habit of only accepting players in proper standing with their school. So unless he is able to correct his academic issues before Dec. 2, Young's ticket to Mobile, Ala., may be in jeopardy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=jm-prospectwatch111006&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

#31 : November 13, 2006, 06:14:42 PM

Do any of you watch LSU? Russell is declaring for the draft, will be the 2nd QB taken and be picked between 10-20. 3rd or 4th round? LMAO. Hes going be4 Stanton and Smith, take it to the bank.

nobody liked the idea of Matt Schaub, and nobody lieks the idea of Jamarcus Russell, then who do you want? Bruce Gradkowski? His completion % is like 50. I dont rag on him too bad just like I didnt rag on Simms too bad because anyone who watches the games can tell this offense is terrible. The OL is terrible. There is no running game, and teh QB has little chance to succeed this year. But Gradkowski has a 50 completion %. I hope he turns things around, and he will have to turn things around to have any chance to start next year, but I just dont nknow if hes going to be any bette rthan a reliable backup. Which I would be really happy with

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#32 : November 13, 2006, 07:06:18 PM

Do any of you watch LSU? Russell is declaring for the draft, will be the 2nd QB taken and be picked between 10-20. 3rd or 4th round? LMAO. Hes going be4 Stanton and Smith, take it to the bank.

nobody liked the idea of Matt Schaub, and nobody lieks the idea of Jamarcus Russell, then who do you want? Bruce Gradkowski? His completion % is like 50. I dont rag on him too bad just like I didnt rag on Simms too bad because anyone who watches the games can tell this offense is terrible. The OL is terrible. There is no running game, and teh QB has little chance to succeed this year. But Gradkowski has a 50 completion %. I hope he turns things around, and he will have to turn things around to have any chance to start next year, but I just dont nknow if hes going to be any bette rthan a reliable backup. Which I would be really happy with

Put your MB money when your keyboard is. I propose a loser leaves PR bet. Russell goes top 20, I'll leave. He doesn't and you hit the bricks. What say you?

#33 : November 13, 2006, 07:07:20 PM

Put your MB money when your keyboard is. I propose a loser leaves PR bet. Russell goes top 20, I'll leave. He doesn't and you hit the bricks. What say you?
lmao....MB BET!!! lol

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#34 : November 13, 2006, 07:17:03 PM

lmao....MB BET!!! lol

Of course, what else is there to do in such a terrible season with all draft possibilities already discussed many times over?

#35 : November 13, 2006, 07:19:32 PM

lmao....MB BET!!! lol

Of course, what else is there to do in such a terrible season with all draft possibilities already discussed many times over?
ignore them...?

acacius

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 13, 2006, 07:31:03 PM

I don't know.  This is pretty much the first place I've seen anyone call Russell a top 20 pick in this year's draft.  For example, this espn article lists him as merely the fourth best early entry prospect.  (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2584678) Granted, that was written a few months ago, but still.  I'm just not seeing it, nor is any mock draft site that I've seen.  Time will tell, of course.  To be honest though, I think I'd just as soon see the Bucs stick with Simms as draft Russell.  That may just be me, however.

That said, yeah.  I'd just as soon see the team stick with Grads while bringing in another cheap-ish vet to act as a safety net.  No, his completion percentage isn't exactly awe-inspiring.  But that's not exactly a rare thing for rookie qbs.  (See: Young, Leinart, Smith, etc.)

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#37 : November 13, 2006, 07:31:22 PM

ignore them...?

I'm here to discuss, ignoring gets me nowhere. So it was either this or start a "Let's use the shotgun!", "Gruden is on thin ice", or "We need an impact WR" topic to go along with the rest.

#38 : November 13, 2006, 07:37:56 PM

Now if you want me to be all "positive" about something - I am about the off season; because
we have a ton of money and a brand new facility which will attract big name free agents, and
we will probably have a top 3 or 4 pick in the draft as well as TWO 2nd rounders(which can
mean an instant turn around)!!  ;D

#39 : November 13, 2006, 10:15:05 PM

I agree Simms is looking like the best option at QB for us. Unless we want to make a serious run at Schaub. Russell will go 1st round, top 20, dont know why one of us has to leave if were wrong. But whatever. I am all for Patrick Willis, Gaines Adams or Buster Davis in orund 1. Joe tHomas owuld be ideal. Still like Russell though
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How about this for an offseason? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools