Boards > The Red Board

Why do people think Allen answers to Gruden?

(1/12) > >>

DanTurksGhost:

--- Quote from: dalbuc on November 13, 2006, 11:16:40 AM ---He's wrong, most GM's have the power to do so.

--- End quote ---

You are dead, flat wrong. I can think of no GM for any single-owner team in the National Football League that can fire the team's HC without ownership's approval. It just doesn't work that way. If you believe otherwise, then you're just mistaken.

alldaway:
There are only a few I can think of.  Ted Thompson is probably the best example.

DanTurksGhost:

--- Quote from: Orangegone1 on November 13, 2006, 11:01:12 AM ---I wouldn't think there are very many GM's, if any, that could fire a coach on his own.

--- End quote ---

You are correct.

GrudenFan63:

--- Quote from: Orangegone1 on November 13, 2006, 11:01:12 AM ---I wouldn't think there are very many GM's, if any, that could fire a coach on his own. With salary ramifications and with it being such a big business, I am sure the VP-P-CEO and so on would have to be consulted.

--- End quote ---

I don't think Bruce Allen has the authority to fire Gruden, but I think he does have the ability to get the ball rolling. Those are two different actions.

Orangegone1:
I wouldn't think there are very many GM's, if any, that could fire a coach on his own. With salary ramifications and with it being such a big business, I am sure the VP-P-CEO and so on would have to be consulted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version