Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why do people think Allen answers to Gruden? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#15 : November 13, 2006, 09:45:58 AM

This is such a stupid topic. If Jon gruden didn't have a huge say in what goes on, I'd be pissed.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 13, 2006, 09:41:53 AM

I'm sure every team in the NFL has a different spin on their hierarchy or chain of command.  Is it important that Bruce has the power to fire Jon or is it more important that they have the type of relationship that will enhance the team?

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 13, 2006, 09:25:23 AM

There's a possibility that this could be the third losing season in four years under Jon Gruden. Is there anything on the field that would prevent Jon from being back next season?

I'm not going to get into the hypothetical and all of that stuff. I don't believe in that. Our focus as an entire organization is to try to beat Carolina. The fact is we're two games out of the playoff spot right now because the sixth team would be 4-4 right now. And we've left some points on the field, and we've left some wins on the field. So we're going to fight that way. Who knows what's going to happen in the coming weeks, but our focus is on Carolina."
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/11/13/Bucs/General_manager_disap.shtml

From that quote, it sounds to me like Allen could pull the trigger if he wants. For a team to work, and succeed, you can't have a dictatorship.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 13, 2006, 09:13:17 AM

Why are the Glazers so disrespected by many?  If you ask me they are the ones in charge but for some reason the tin foil crowd has come out in full force due to the the Bucs losing season.   :D

#19 : November 13, 2006, 09:08:30 AM

In a nutshell, it doesn't matter who is sniffing who's butt.  The bottom line is that they ALL are here to win.  Right now, NONE of them are doing any winning.

I mean, if the team IS winning, does anyone give a rat's ass who does what??  Right now, with the team at 2-6, everyone is anxious to bring out dirt from all directions.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 13, 2006, 09:22:12 AM

Simple question, can Allen fire Gruden? Does he have that authority? Answer: no. Allen was brought here to serve Gruden. There's no doubt Allen isn't the final say on the matter like most other teams. I know folks spin the whole "teamwork" thing like the PR boys did in that crotch-nuzzling bit last year but I work really well with my boss as well. That working relationship says nothing about the necessary power relationship whihc is what the question here is about.

Yes Of course Allen has the authority.  Do not forget the Glazers are in charge.  And if he disobeys them he will be sent packing just like Mckay.  :o :o :o

#21 : November 12, 2006, 01:41:04 AM

you, sir, are correct!!!

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#22 : November 12, 2006, 12:55:26 AM

I'm sure there is a great deal of communication, but I have got to know where people got this idea that Bruce Allen does whatever Gruden tells him..

#23 : November 13, 2006, 08:25:13 AM

I'd like to know who you guys think is running things besides Gruden? Any one else to point the finger at for this god awful season?

It is you Karen....your incessant bashing is bringing the team down.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#24 : November 12, 2006, 12:59:29 AM

He was with Gru in Oakland & was hand-picked by him to come here. You think it was purely accidental the Glazers got him? Besides the guys he drafts are strictly ones Gru wants.

#25 : November 12, 2006, 01:01:52 AM

He was with Gru in Oakland & was hand-picked by him to come here. You think it was purely accidental the Glazers got him? Besides the guys he drafts are strictly ones Gru wants.
if McKay were like that we'd have Westbrook....

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#26 : November 12, 2006, 01:03:20 AM

True..

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 13, 2006, 07:36:07 AM

Whether most JG haters want to believe it or not Bruce Allen is the General Manager.  I'd like to know who believes JG has the time or inclination to broker deals?  The guy has enough problems than to try to fix this mess we have today and focus on garnering better picks and looking at players for next year.  That is clearly Bruce's job and I'm sure he takes pride in what he does.  Listening to Bruce you get the feeling that he would have it no other way...But that's just my opinion...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#28 : November 12, 2006, 01:31:47 AM

I'm sure there is a great deal of communication, but I have got to know where people got this idea that Bruce Allen does whatever Gruden tells him..

What other nfl team has had their coach choose his "boss"?

#29 : November 12, 2006, 01:37:55 AM

What other nfl team has had their coach choose his "boss"?
some other NFL teams make their coach 'his own boss'
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why do people think Allen answers to Gruden? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools