Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why do people think Allen answers to Gruden? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#30 : November 12, 2006, 02:19:27 AM

I think it is really stupid that McKay would have had that much influence on ANY of the drafts, considering he isn't the coach of anything.

McKay is a giant turd.  With peanuts.  And the fact that he had his hands so deep in the draft makes me sick to my stomach, because he IS NOT A COACH!!!!

McKay, I hope you never win a damned thing again for the rest of your days.

INKED_UP_BUCS_FAN

Practice Squad

#31 : November 12, 2006, 10:11:50 AM

isnt gruden in charge of player personal? Wasnt allen just brought in the manage the money and cap?

That's the problem, Gruden doesn't really have to answer to anyone.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#32 : November 12, 2006, 09:26:51 AM

Boid,

Name some present GM's who were a coach.

Can't think of any-except those that wear 2 hats and right now can't think of any of them. The trend has been away from that Geen Bay fired their and Holmgen was demoted.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 12, 2006, 09:28:36 AM

Boid,

Can't think of any-except those that wear 2 hats and right now can't think of any of them. The trend has been away from that Geen Bay fired their and Holmgen was demoted.

Does Al Davis count?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 12, 2006, 09:33:46 AM

Boid,

That is my point, really.

I think most GMs should be advice providers, and leave drafting needs up to the HC and DC.

#35 : November 12, 2006, 09:39:56 AM

I think there are several GM's that have a solid NFL background, be it in coaching or otherwise.

Bruce Allen, Marv Levy, Matt Millen, Carl Peterson, Rich McKay, just to name a few, have either coached, played, or been near football for a good part of their lives.

And their SHOULD be dialogue between GM and coach.  No GM is going to make decisions that are 100% correct any more than the head coach.  If anything, I'd say the coaches know more about what they need on the field than the GM's.  Coaches are closer to the action.  So Gruden asking for certain personnel does not seem out of the norm at all to me.

This is another sore subject that has been beaten to death by the anti-Gruden establishment.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 12, 2006, 10:02:31 AM

isnt gruden in charge of player personal? Wasnt allen just brought in the manage the money and cap?

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 12, 2006, 10:20:57 AM

how about the glazers?

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#38 : November 12, 2006, 11:06:44 AM

Whatever the deal is, it aint working.

#39 : November 12, 2006, 11:56:20 AM

That's the problem, Gruden doesn't really have to answer to anyone.

And you have this on good authority?  Who is your source?  Tell us what you know there Mr. Answer Man.  You know everything that is going on, so why don't you enlighten us oh masterful one?

<insert puking sounds here>

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#40 : November 13, 2006, 01:17:06 AM

I'd like to know who you guys think is running things besides Gruden? Any one else to point the finger at for this god awful season?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 12, 2006, 12:52:16 PM

The belief that JG is running the whole show is predicated on the fact that the profound haters need that to be true so it can further extend their thoughts of JG being egomaniacle...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

WILLBLEE

Starter

#42 : November 12, 2006, 10:34:27 PM

Do any other posters ever make sense like this one?

The belief that JG is running the whole show is predicated on the fact that the profound haters need that to be true so it can further extend their thoughts of JG being egomaniacle...

#43 : November 12, 2006, 10:39:56 PM

Do any other posters ever make sense like this one?

yes, but Chev is probably the best at it.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 13, 2006, 12:56:51 PM

BTW, in re-reading my response it sounded quite rude, Dal. I didn't mean it to be a harsh reply, simply informational.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why do people think Allen answers to Gruden? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools