Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why would the NFL screw us? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

3paths

Starter

: November 12, 2006, 09:15:57 AM

I know we have a "first place" schedule, but why would the NFL screw us with 3 games in 11 days and a very early bye week?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 12, 2006, 09:19:48 AM

There is no conspiracy here at work becuase simply that is how things lined up.  With that said I want to see what this team can do with 3 games in 11 days.  Will they fold up or come out swinging?

3paths

Starter

#2 : November 12, 2006, 10:14:04 AM

I'm not claiming it's a conspiracy, I just think we got the extreme short side of the stick this year. As did Dallas, Denver and KC. All four teams have September byes yet have to play on Thanksgiving. Detroit and Miami got week 8 byes which makes more sense.

#3 : November 12, 2006, 09:34:47 AM

They did it for all the fans that wanted a Thanksgiving Day game.  Like the old saying goes, "Be Careful What You Wish For".

And oh yes, I am dead certain that the powers that be in the schedule maker's office decided unanimously to "Screw the Tampa Bay Buccaneers".

<insert eyes rolling here>

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 12, 2006, 10:18:40 AM

Complain.. complain..

Last year how many prime time games did we have?

Now we have a monday night game.. and thanksgiving and we complain?!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#5 : November 12, 2006, 10:19:10 AM

I know we have a "first place" schedule, but why would the NFL screw us with 3 games in 11 days and a very early bye week?
Because the fans are so happy to be playing on T-Giving day. That way "the team gets national exposure", and they "get to watch their favorite team and eat turkey.".........yah, way to have your priorities in order.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 12, 2006, 10:55:10 AM

too bad they aren't wearing orange on turkey day, that would have been AWESOME!

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#7 : November 12, 2006, 10:59:37 AM

too bad they aren't wearing orange on turkey day, that would have been AWESOME!
Yeah, we're playing like that era anyway.

For the conspiracy crowd, I think the schedule and bad call are from the days whenn Sapp ran his mouth and PO'd the league office.  Maybe the same misfortune is happening to the Raiders too.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#8 : November 12, 2006, 11:07:52 AM

Because the NFL doesn't like Pirates.....

Look at the Raiders, they get screwed too....

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 12, 2006, 01:07:45 PM

Well most teams that go 11-5 the previous year would be able to hack such a tough schedule.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 12, 2006, 01:11:38 PM

Well most teams that go 11-5 the previous year would be able to hack such a tough schedule.

I am not sure I agree with that.  Especially considering how many playoff teams miss the playoffs a year later due to parity.

#11 : November 12, 2006, 01:20:50 PM

They did it for all the fans that wanted a Thanksgiving Day game. Like the old saying goes, "Be Careful What You Wish For".

And oh yes, I am dead certain that the powers that be in the schedule maker's office decided unanimously to "Screw the Tampa Bay Buccaneers".

I blame Gruden.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 12, 2006, 01:59:28 PM

They did it for all the fans that wanted a Thanksgiving Day game. Like the old saying goes, "Be Careful What You Wish For".

I blame Gruden.

lol

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 12, 2006, 02:06:31 PM

3 games in 11 days is just twisting it. It can also be said that we have 3 games in 27 days over that same span, you're just using the first/last games as bookends instead of the first and last off days.

If you want to say it like that, then on a normal schedule, all sunday games, it would be 3 games in 15 days. It's not that huge of a difference.

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

3paths

Starter

#14 : November 12, 2006, 02:10:56 PM

If you want to say it like that, then on a normal schedule, all sunday games, it would be 3 games in 15 days. It's not that huge of a difference.
I'm not sure I would agree with that statement. 4 days of extra rest and prep time is not a big deal in a flag league, but it's huge in the NFL.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why would the NFL screw us? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools