Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do you think we have to do on Offense, to start putting up pts. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

: November 12, 2006, 10:17:11 AM

Gruden isnt the one calling or changing the plays at the line due to the defensive front... He also is not the one out there not executing the plays..

I think so many people put the blame on him.

INKED_UP_BUCS_FAN

Practice Squad

#1 : November 12, 2006, 09:57:19 AM

Hit me up and let me know what you think??

I would like to see a shotgun, rollout our young QB, not wait till were down by 14 pts to throw it deep, and just about anything where we can get a 1st down.

[banghead]What do you think???

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 12, 2006, 09:58:41 AM

how about the hook and ladder play?

INKED_UP_BUCS_FAN

Practice Squad

#3 : November 12, 2006, 10:04:21 AM

sounds good, just something different, don't you get tired of them doing the same thing??
Do you get tired of these 2 or 3 yard passes???
When it's 3rd and 10 we only seem to throw a dinky little pass
I know Gruden is conservative, but I would like to see us go for the 1st down. how about you??

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#4 : November 12, 2006, 10:45:42 AM

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME FLEA FLICKERS AND SOME WR PASS/RUN OPTIONS AND SOME CENTER SNEAKS AND MAYBE EVEN A FUMBLEROOSKIE PLAY. WE NEED TO SWITCH IT UP AND TRY AND CATCH TEAMS OFF GUARD AND THESE KINDS OF PLAYS MAY JUST DO THAT.  MAYBE SOME QB THROWBACK SCREENS WOULD WORK AS WELL AND ALSO A PLAY WHERE THE QB HANDS TO THE RB WHO HANDS TO THE WR WHO HANDS BACK TO THE QB WHO HANDS TO A WR WHO THROWS IT TO THE RB.  FOR SURE THAT WOULD SURPRISE EVERYONE.  I THINK WE SHOULD ALSO PUT ALSTOTT IN THE SHOTGUN POSITION AND HAVE HIM TAKE SOME SNAPS AND THROW SOME PASSES TO THE FAT TACKLE ELIGIBLE, THAT WOULD REALLY WORK.  TEAMS WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT HIT THEM.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 12, 2006, 10:59:54 AM

I think the Bucs should trade Kenyatta Walker for Peyton Manning and a first round pick.

#6 : November 12, 2006, 11:02:05 AM

I think the Bucs should trade Kenyatta Walker for Peyton Manning and a first round pick.
Hell no. The Colts would be robbing us blind.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#7 : November 12, 2006, 11:06:35 AM

Hell no. The Colts would be robbing us blind.

The Colts would need to throw in Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison in order for us to consider that deal....

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#8 : November 12, 2006, 11:51:13 AM

We need to start playing more to the strengths of our players. In Gradkowski's first game, he was rolling out all over the place. He also had a heck of a game and he was able to use those rollout plays to at the least set things up and at the most complete some big plays in the game.

Last season, we were dedicated to the running game. This year, our OL has not been as good, but we have also not been dedicated to the running game. We need to get back to basics and get more dedicated to the running game. Whatever it means we need to do, we need to do it. This is how we won games last year. If it means playing Sowell so be it. If it means making Mahan the center so be it.

Finally, we have been way too conservative at times too. In the passing game, you need to let things be more open if you want to win football games. I think this would really help our running game. Get 4 and 5 WRs out there and don't max protect. Just allow the WRs to at least get open. It seems like now we are throwing to guys who are always covered (Clayton), or just having a hard time getting it to Galloway and the TEs. We've got to open up the playbook...what can it hurt?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : November 13, 2006, 02:14:48 AM

We definately need to score more points than Carolina! ;)

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#10 : November 12, 2006, 01:04:54 PM

How about we try to run the ball for the whole game and not give up after 1 quarter. Its funny how much easier that would make it.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#11 : November 12, 2006, 02:00:24 PM

maybe we should fire gruden.

::)

#12 : November 12, 2006, 02:09:58 PM

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME FLEA FLICKERS AND SOME WR PASS/RUN OPTIONS AND SOME CENTER SNEAKS AND MAYBE EVEN A FUMBLEROOSKIE PLAY. WE NEED TO SWITCH IT UP AND TRY AND CATCH TEAMS OFF GUARD AND THESE KINDS OF PLAYS MAY JUST DO THAT. MAYBE SOME QB THROWBACK SCREENS WOULD WORK AS WELL AND ALSO A PLAY WHERE THE QB HANDS TO THE RB WHO HANDS TO THE WR WHO HANDS BACK TO THE QB WHO HANDS TO A WR WHO THROWS IT TO THE RB. FOR SURE THAT WOULD SURPRISE EVERYONE. I THINK WE SHOULD ALSO PUT ALSTOTT IN THE SHOTGUN POSITION AND HAVE HIM TAKE SOME SNAPS AND THROW SOME PASSES TO THE FAT TACKLE ELIGIBLE, THAT WOULD REALLY WORK. TEAMS WOULDN'T KNOW WHAT HIT THEM.
I blame Copernicous for the lack of Gruden's appearant offensive playcalling skill.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 12, 2006, 02:12:15 PM

How about we try to run the ball for the whole game and not give up after 1 quarter. Its funny how much easier that would make it.

how bout we don't?

barberiino

Second String

#14 : November 13, 2006, 12:27:08 PM

sounds good, just something different, don't you get tired of them doing the same thing??
Do you get tired of these 2 or 3 yard passes???
When it's 3rd and 10 we only seem to throw a dinky little pass
I know Gruden is conservative, but I would like to see us go for the 1st down. how about you??
when its 3rd and more than 10 its a screen pass to pitman

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do you think we have to do on Offense, to start putting up pts. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools