Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do you think we have to do on Offense, to start putting up pts. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#15 : November 13, 2006, 12:32:51 PM

how about the hook and ladder play?

sounds good, just something different, don't you get tired of them doing the same thing??
Do you get tired of these 2 or 3 yard passes???
When it's 3rd and 10 we only seem to throw a dinky little pass
I know Gruden is conservative, but I would like to see us go for the 1st down. how about you??
when its 3rd and more than 10 its a screen pass to pitman

You guys are pretty savy to pick up on that.  I hope the other teams don't catch on.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 13, 2006, 12:43:10 PM

Well for one it would help to be able to come out and make a defense get out of a 9 man front but when you have trouble blocking and comleting passes the defenses tend to stick to their game plans.

Caddy makes d.cordinators call a lot of man coverages because people run blitz and play man to stop the run. Until we can beat man coverage and pass the football as well as protect the QB so he can pass caddy will continue to get shut down and we will continue to be pathetic on defense.

Baghead #2

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 13, 2006, 01:16:50 PM

How about returning the opening kickoff all the way!
At least the D would not have any excuses at that point!

bluetick

Practice Squad

#18 : November 13, 2006, 03:06:13 PM

RUN THE BALL  [banghead]

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#19 : November 13, 2006, 03:25:32 PM

Bring back Boston, Shephed and Brackins and make them the starting WRs. Start Cornell Green and bring back Fonoti. Run Earnest "dodge ram" Graham behind him. Start McCown. Hire Mooch from off the street to call plays....and give the ball to Alstott as much as possible

::)

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#20 : November 13, 2006, 03:29:10 PM

RUN THE BALL  [banghead]

i don't know how many times i've seen this stat since the run-up to the windy giants game: when the bucs run caddy 20+ times, they're undefeated....

since then, i think we've run him about 25 times combined in 2 games

[banghead] indeed.

i could go on - in 2004, close to last in rushing attempts, 5-11.  in '05 towards the top of the league in attempts, 11-5.

every piece of conventional wisdom in the history of football seems to point to a simple answer, instead we can't finish a game without a 6th-round rookie QB attempting 30 to 40 passes.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#21 : November 13, 2006, 03:39:36 PM

RUN THE BALL  [banghead]

i don't know how many times i've seen this stat since the run-up to the windy giants game: when the bucs run caddy 20+ times, they're undefeated....

since then, i think we've run him about 25 times combined in 2 games

[banghead] indeed.

i could go on - in 2004, close to last in rushing attempts, 5-11.  in '05 towards the top of the league in attempts, 11-5.

every piece of conventional wisdom in the history of football seems to point to a simple answer, instead we can't finish a game without a 6th-round rookie QB attempting 30 to 40 passes.

It's cause and effect. You don't win because you run the ball, you run the ball because you are winning.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 13, 2006, 03:51:09 PM

It's cause and effect. You don't win because you run the ball, you run the ball because you are winning.

to an extent.  having a lead late is how you wind up with 30+ rush games, but the bucs have straight up abandoned the run at several points this season. but good teams run in close games even when behind - we did last year - and a team like the chargers (granted it's LT we're talking about) were still running while 21 points behind....

the saints fell behind to the steelers, but 2 TDs down with less than 10 minutes left they kept handing off to mcallister and bush, and they mixed in strikes downfield where there always seemed to be an open guy...part of that is a soft zone and part of that is forcing them to pay attention to your RBs...but for a bad drop, they'd have taken the game into overtime

aside from the season opener, the bucs have been within 2 scores for long periods of the game.  the same commitment to calling run plays that we had in '05 hasn't been there in '06. if you wanna talk cause and effect, we can talk about how missing throws on 1st and 2nd down leads to 2nd and 10 and 3rd and 10, which in turn leads to more passing....

if you have to leave in 7 or 8 guys to block, why not commit the 9th guy to blocking too, and have the QB hand off to the guy behind him?

bryan12112

Starter

#23 : November 13, 2006, 04:07:40 PM

Gain plenty of experience.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 13, 2006, 05:03:31 PM

the saints fell behind to the steelers, but 2 TDs down with less than 10 minutes left they kept handing off to mcallister and bush, and they mixed in strikes downfield where there always seemed to be an open guy...

Once the Steelers were up 14-0 in the first quarter, the Saints called 20 passes and 12 runs until they took the lead (17-14). Down by 14 points with 9:55 left in the game, the Saints called 12 passes and 5 runs.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : November 13, 2006, 05:33:21 PM

Some double reverse hands offs on the runs...Saints have done that a couple of times with Bush and/or McAllister...need someone fast who can turn the corner which Caddy can....and more QB sneaks because the Grads can run...that would keep the secondary's honest...not just on third down wthen they need it and it may be expected...I think we should go for omore third and short in the 4th Q also if we are past mid field.  Why not?

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 13, 2006, 05:42:36 PM

How about we try to run the ball for the whole game and not give up after 1 quarter. Its funny how much easier that would make it.

how bout we don't?

Let's have a constructive suggestion from you then, keeponbucn, since you clearly know so much more than me.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

gone

Hall of Famer
#27 : November 13, 2006, 05:48:09 PM

You can't just keep running if yu aren't getting the yards.  The teams that "keep running" when they're behind aren't running on the majority of their snaps, just more than us.   And they can do that because their passing game is better in most cases.  Until the passing game gets better the line stays stacked because we've shown we can't beat them off it.  To get people off the line you need to be able to make them pay for being there.  Right now teams can do it because it stuffs our runs consistently, and they also get penetration on passing plays because our line can't handle it.

T

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 13, 2006, 06:10:34 PM

We should re-sing Larry brackins then the Bucs would have a shot at the Division crown.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What do you think we have to do on Offense, to start putting up pts. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools