Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anti-Grudenites Where are you now? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

: September 23, 2007, 04:02:32 PM

Back to Back wins...both blowouts.....where are all you now? Go cry on the TBBBB about something totally irrelevant...

FOR THE TRUE FANS AND BELIEVERS ITS SO NICE 2-1!!! WOOOT

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#1 : September 23, 2007, 04:04:47 PM

We beat an 0-2 team. Yes, we won but there is a lot of work to be done.

I am not going to be negative because things look to be coming together, but I was not impressed with Gruden at times today. The 2 sweep run calls in the first half were audibles by Garcia, not Gruden's calls. Keep that in mind.

doublebass33

Practice Squad

#2 : September 23, 2007, 04:08:50 PM

Peyton Manning audibles out of Tom Moore's plays all of the time and so do many other qb's in this league. So what is your point?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 23, 2007, 04:11:43 PM

Jesus.  What exactly was their to be fond of?

Gruden got his verbal beatdowns because he deserved them.  It is called "manning up".

It is called "show me".

It is about time, IMO.

I am sick of you pukes "calling" people out...the team looked like absolute crap-fest-mania.  They deserved to be poked and prodded.  Now, they are gelling, and as one of the more stringent Gruden supporters (Yes, go to TBBBB and check out my posts about Gruden), I am very glad my team is finally playing like a real team, win or not.  Kiff has a nice defense to work with, Gruden has a QB that can run a team.  But we have the Panthers next week.  

Pleae stop the nonsense.  Fact:  Gruden was, and is still, on thin ice.  If he tanks the next three or four games, you can bet the wolves will be howling.  If he turns in a losing product, you can bet Gruden is out.  These games will be a fond memory.

It is called consistency.  You have it, or don't.

Go BUcs, but these stupid threads need to cease.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#4 : September 23, 2007, 04:12:52 PM

My point is some of the big plays in the game were audibles. I wasn't impressed some of the playcalling, let alone clock management prior to the half. That's going to burn us if we don't get that fixed.

It's awesome that Garcia audibles and makes big plays there. That's good stuff. Unfortunately I was saying "good playcall Gruden" and then they said oh it was 2 audibles by Garcia. They were some of the best calls of the game, I thought.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#5 : September 23, 2007, 04:14:02 PM

Jesus.  What exactly was their to be fond of?

Gruden got his verbal beatdowns because he deserved them.  It is called "manning up".

It is called "show me".

It is about time, IMO.

I am sick of you pukes "calling" people out...the team looked like absolute crap-fest-mania.  They deserved to be poked and prodded.  Now, they are gelling, and as one of the more stringent Gruden supporters (Yes, go to TBBBB and check out my posts about Gruden), I am very glad my team is finally playing like a real team, win or not.  Kiff has a nice defense to work with, Gruden has a QB that can run a team.  But we have the Panthers next week. 

Pleae stop the nonsense.  Fact:  Gruden was, and is still, on thin ice.  If he tanks the next three or four games, you can bet the wolves will be howling.  If he turns in a losing product, you can bet Gruden is out.  These games will be a fond memory.

It is called consistency.  You have it, or don't.

The most stringent Gruden supporters on here are blind to the flaws in the game.

Nobody's perfect, but God - don't criticize Gruden.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 23, 2007, 04:18:26 PM

I made this thread because I hate the people that complain about a win and say o well we wont win next week and we do. we have 13 more games...if we win 2 and lose 1 every one of those games....we are a play off team. People who just try and find problems when the team wins is just annoying. Blame the coach yet the coach has put up 55 points up on the board so far this season at home. We have the ability to go deep i nthe playoffs because at this point NO NFC team is looking like a true powerhouse. The ones last year are looking average and below average. Bucs are doing quite well despite last year. I can say that this year is VASTLY improved compared to last years.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 23, 2007, 04:20:45 PM

I made this thread because I hate the people that complain about a win and say o well we wont win next week and we do. we have 13 more games...if we win 2 and lose 1 every one of those games....we are a play off team. People who just try and find problems when the team wins is just annoying. Blame the coach yet the coach has put up 55 points up on the board so far this season at home. We have the ability to go deep i nthe playoffs because at this point NO NFC team is looking like a true powerhouse. The ones last year are looking average and below average. Bucs are doing quite well despite last year. I can say that this year is VASTLY improved compared to last years.
Schultz, we all watched the game, we don't need to be "informed" of what we watched. 

You should have just started a post like the one I am quoting.  It might save you the heartache later.

Badbud8

Second String

#8 : September 23, 2007, 04:22:57 PM

[quote author=Boid Fink .  Fact:  Gruden was, and is still, on thin ice.  If he tanks the next three or four games, you can bet the wolves will be howling.  If he turns in a losing product, you can bet Gruden is out.  These games will be a fond memory.

Show me one qoute from Malcom or the Boys that said ,Gruden MUST WIN X number of games.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#9 : September 23, 2007, 04:23:29 PM

Are you saying Garcia set up those plays in the huddle or at the line and audibled to them?  I always assumed Gruden sent in 3 plays every huddle, like he has always done.  Hell, knowing Gruden and his matchups, he probably picks those plays based on their synergy: if the defense lines up like this when we set up for this play, here's a run play that should work to audible to.

I mean, they're still Gruden's playcalls in the end when it's his particular run call that get's audibled too, right?

Or do you really think Garcia is sandlotting out there in the huddle and at the line?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 23, 2007, 04:33:18 PM

It's plain fact that Garcia goes to the huddle with two plays, documented over the past couple of weeks, because Gruden TRUSTS Garcia. That means Jon thought of them, they are both from Jon Grudens playbook. Not giving Gruden his due after a win like this is closet dislike. I don't think there is anything wrong with Grudens playcalling - it's why he needs a veteran playcaller behind center. You have to know your team, your own physical capabilities, and you have to know the other team as well. Jeff is the first QB in the pattern of QB Gruden is looking for, and many of you are learning what that means. Audibles aren't invented at the line -  they are options from the playbook that the coach gives the QB

We all know how bad this team was last year and it had NOTHING to do with playcalling. It had everything to do with QB/RB problems as well as a weak defense. We all know WHY thses were issues.

This year we're healthy and we've got some playmakers - it's amazing how different this team looks actually - offensively and defensively.

It's also amazing at how we've won both of the past two games -everyone said last week that we couldn't consistently win without throwing to Joey deep - and that we couldn't count on that consistently. Joey didn't have a catch longer than 14 yards today. We won with a back up running back too.

I think a large part of the credit goes to Gruden and believe it or not Muir - and I have been a pretty consisten anti Muir guy. The o-line has done some great stuff this year and looks to be coming together nicely.

Yeah, I get the patience thing - but if you can't give Gruden his due maybe the problem is with you and NOT Gruden?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 23, 2007, 04:35:43 PM

[quote author=Boid Fink .  Fact:  Gruden was, and is still, on thin ice.  If he tanks the next three or four games, you can bet the wolves will be howling.  If he turns in a losing product, you can bet Gruden is out.  These games will be a fond memory.

Show me one qoute from Malcom or the Boys that said ,Gruden MUET WIN X number of games.
Don;t have to.

BUt you can bet your sorry arse that if Gruden loses 11 games this year, he will be packing his bags.

Wanna bet ace?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 23, 2007, 04:43:08 PM

Boid I know your in the heat of battle and all - but can you take what you've seen today and honestly say we'll lose 11 games?

I don't see it man and I'm trying to be balanced here. The backside of the schedule was supposed to be easy but some teams like the Texans, 49ers, Cards all look strong - and the Lions seem to be tougher...but 11 losses at this point would be pretty tough and speak to a loss of Garcia, Galloway and Pettigout, on offense...and June, Barber, Carter and Ruud on defense...

O-Line looks like no one's going to get a lot of hits on Garcia...we've seen Mr August step in today and step up, and the defense looks pretty sharp. Our pass rush is still too weak for me but I see it improving as the season continues...

I just don't see the let-down you mention. Anything can happen, but I don't see the reason for the pessimism...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Snook

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 23, 2007, 04:53:41 PM

We beat an 0-2 team. Yes, we won but there is a lot of work to be done.

I am not going to be negative because things look to be coming together, but I was not impressed with Gruden at times today. The 2 sweep run calls in the first half were audibles by Garcia, not Gruden's calls. Keep that in mind.

Who cares?  A win is a win.  Its not the Bucs' fault that the Rams were 0-2.

Not too many people would've picked the Bucs to be 2-1 after 3 games.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#14 : September 23, 2007, 04:54:21 PM

Jesus.  What exactly was their to be fond of?

Gruden got his verbal beatdowns because he deserved them.  It is called "manning up".

It is called "show me".

It is about time, IMO.

I am sick of you pukes "calling" people out...the team looked like absolute crap-fest-mania.  They deserved to be poked and prodded.  Now, they are gelling, and as one of the more stringent Gruden supporters (Yes, go to TBBBB and check out my posts about Gruden), I am very glad my team is finally playing like a real team, win or not.  Kiff has a nice defense to work with, Gruden has a QB that can run a team.  But we have the Panthers next week. 

Pleae stop the nonsense.  Fact:  Gruden was, and is still, on thin ice.  If he tanks the next three or four games, you can bet the wolves will be howling.  If he turns in a losing product, you can bet Gruden is out.  These games will be a fond memory.

It is called consistency.  You have it, or don't.

QFT

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anti-Grudenites Where are you now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools