Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anti-Grudenites Where are you now? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 23, 2007, 04:55:31 PM

I really hate ArmChair Coaches who never ever give in to reasoning that it takes more than an opinion to run a football team...This team is exactly where it ought to be when considering the things that it has had to overcome from the past. More Patience is what it takes to finally get to where you need to be...OBD

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 23, 2007, 04:55:40 PM

Boid I know your in the heat of battle and all - but can you take what you've seen today and honestly say we'll lose 11 games?

I don't see it man and I'm trying to be balanced here. The backside of the schedule was supposed to be easy but some teams like the Texans, 49ers, Cards all look strong - and the Lions seem to be tougher...but 11 losses at this point would be pretty tough and speak to a loss of Garcia, Galloway and Pettigout, on offense...and June, Barber, Carter and Ruud on defense...

O-Line looks like no one's going to get a lot of hits on Garcia...we've seen Mr August step in today and step up, and the defense looks pretty sharp. Our pass rush is still too weak for me but I see it improving as the season continues...

I just don't see the let-down you mention. Anything can happen, but I don't see the reason for the pessimism...

No no brother.  I am not being pessimistic at all.

I am being faintly optimistic at this point.  I am hoping that the Bucs get the ship afloat again...it looked like good sailing when the Bucs won the SOuth, but the other seasons (sans SB) have been meh.

I am just saying if Gruden does lose 11 games or so (shudder), that you can bet that he is going to go buh-bye.  

I am a fan of Gruden, love the Chucky faces, love the 3 AM wake ups, love the fact he is not as smart as all the other coaches, and is an overachiever, loves the fact that he ADORES football.  But he needs to work on some things, and I think he has.

The draft proves it.  His willingness to pull Caddy(today) proves it.  His winning a South when his team did not look all that good proves it. (#1 defense proves Kiff still has it though).  I am a Grudenista, but I am also getting older, and grow tires of watching horseplay, when the big boys line up, and helmets get scraped.

I am glad for Jon Gruden.  His hard work is paying off, he is working with some youngsters, and the Bucs are better than they were last year (so far....)

C'mon bro, I, along with ewveryone else, reserve the right to be realistic.  Until a finished, polished product is laid out in front of me, I just can't buy any more Bucs blankets, Bucs hats, Bucs jerseys, Bucs shorts, Bucs bumper stickers, BUcs license plate covers...I'll just have to roll with the old stuff until then.

Not that I am that kind of guy, but that is a small gist.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 23, 2007, 04:58:33 PM

I really hate ArmChair Coaches who never ever give in to reasoning that it takes more than an opinion to run a football team...This team is exactly where it ought to be when considering the things that it has had to overcome from the past. More Patience is what it takes to finally get to where you need to be...OBD
"More patience"?

Yeah.  Prisoners serving three year sentences need "more patience" as well...

C'mon man.  Most of us here are VERY patient.  But when you get beat down too much, you tend to lose that ability to be patient.  Hell, five years of aging will make the most die hard guy grow impatient with one scheme.

After a while, you try something new.  But the BUcs are gaining new ground.  And that is what we are all begging for as fans.

MAN UP!

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 23, 2007, 05:04:58 PM

"More patience"?

Yeah. Prisoners serving three year sentences need "more patience" as well...

C'mon man. Most of us here are VERY patient. But when you get beat down too much, you tend to lose that ability to be patient. Hell, five years of aging will make the most die hard guy grow impatient with one scheme.

After a while, you try something new. But the BUcs are gaining new ground. And that is what we are all begging for as fans.

MAN UP!

Boid with the patience comes the wisdom understanding and knowledge of what it takes. The problem with some of us who have been here since the inception of the Buccaneers is we get the infection of the Culverhouse flu. Its hard to take antibiotics for it. Gruden brought us the superbowl and its hard to level out from there. Worst to First and now we have to be patience all over again...OBD

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 23, 2007, 05:07:46 PM

"More patience"?

C'mon man. Most of us here are VERY patient. But when you get beat down too much, you tend to lose that ability to be patient. Hell, five years of aging will make the most die hard guy grow impatient with one scheme.

After a while, you try something new. But the BUcs are gaining new ground. And that is what we are all begging for as fans.

MAN UP!

Boid with the patience comes the wisdom understanding and knowledge of what it takes. The problem with some of us who have been here since the inception of the Buccaneers is we get the infection of the Culverhouse flu. Its hard to take antibiotics for it. Gruden brought us the superbowl and its hard to level out from there. Worst to First and now we have to be patience all over again...OBD
Good post.

But I reserve my right to want more.

And everyone has that same wish, so I am not pigeonholed into some corner that a moron would put me in without knowing outright I am a Bucs fan.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 23, 2007, 05:10:53 PM

"More patience"?

MAN UP!

Good post.

But I reserve my right to want more.

And everyone has that same wish, so I am not pigeonholed into some corner that a moron would put me in without knowing outright I am a Bucs fan.
I am right there with ya bro...Go Buc's...OBD

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 23, 2007, 05:11:13 PM

Like I said man I get the heat of battle thing, and I may be the eternal optimist. I just refuse to go back on well founded beliefs, coaches just don't "go bad". I've seen you mention what this team has faced and this coach has accomplished so I won't offend you by repeating that because I respect you and I'm also tired of saying it...I just know that Gruden has been a good coach and it is finally showing.

I look at a guy Fisher getting an extension and say geez when did this fan base get so spoiled that a couple of rebuilding years would turn so many off from a guy that is obviously one of the brighter offensive minds in the NFL? I think many succumb to the constant daily chipping away from the local media - but your not a local guy so I can only trust that you are tired of seeing the losing - so I'm cool with that. But it hasn't been Gruden.

Yes, unfortunately I know that if Gruden has a losing season it is very likely he will be gone.

Unless there is a total collapse I don't see it happening.

I just keep asking myself "what happens if Gruden wins and just decides to walk away from Tampa due to the crap he's dealt with over the past couiple of years"?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 23, 2007, 05:21:02 PM

Like I said man I get the heat of battle thing, and I may be the eternal optimist. I just refuse to go back on well founded beliefs, coaches just don't "go bad". I've seen you mention what this team has faced and this coach has accomplished so I won't offend you by repeating that because I respect you and I'm also tired of saying it...I just know that Gruden has been a good coach and it is finally showing.

I look at a guy Fisher getting an extension and say geez when did this fan base get so spoiled that a couple of rebuilding years would turn so many off from a guy that is obviously one of the brighter offensive minds in the NFL? I think many succumb to the constant daily chipping away from the local media - but your not a local guy so I can only trust that you are tired of seeing the losing - so I'm cool with that. But it hasn't been Gruden.

Yes, unfortunately I know that if Gruden has a losing season it is very likely he will be gone.

Unless there is a total collapse I don't see it happening.

I just keep asking myself "what happens if Gruden wins and just decides to walk away from Tampa due to the crap he's dealt with over the past couiple of years"?

He has his dream job.  He wouldn't walk.  He just needs to build a fanbase like the Morons in New England have with that cheater Big Bill.

(LOL)

Plus, Gruden is not in Philly.  He worked there, and he would not want to deal with the absolute morons of Eagles faith.

(The Phillies on the other hand...)

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 23, 2007, 05:26:10 PM

I agree that Gruden is still on the hot seat. Its play-offs or nothing.
Esp. in this division where the Falcons and Saints are garbage.
If this team does not make the playoffs then the coach deserves to be on the hot seat.
That being said im going to wait until at least week 8 before I say anything.
Two wins against 0-2 teams is not a good enough gage for me.
Next week and the week after next will be....

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 23, 2007, 05:29:46 PM

I agree that Gruden is still on the hot seat. Its play-offs or nothing.
Esp. in this division where the Falcons and Saints are garbage.
If this team does not make the playoffs then the coach deserves to be on the hot seat.
That being said im going to wait until at least week 8 before I say anything.
Two wins against 0-2 teams is not a good enough gage for me.
Next week and the week after next will be....

You sound too much like you would rather not have a complete ball team you just want Gruden to fail. To expect the playoffs or be fired is extremely too much but then again I have address this mental concept in other post so I don't feel like repeating it again just look up to previous post...OBD

wiggumdk

Starter

#25 : September 23, 2007, 05:55:41 PM

Back to Back wins...both blowouts.....where are all you now? Go cry on the TBBBB about something totally irrelevant...

FOR THE TRUE FANS AND BELIEVERS ITS SO NICE 2-1!!! WOOOT
Don't worry we are still here. And two wins dosn't prove squat yet. His record for the past 19 games is 6-13. Yeah thats impressive.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 23, 2007, 05:58:44 PM

It's only 2 games...it's only 3 games...it's only 4 games...it's only 9 games...10 games... ;)

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 23, 2007, 06:00:20 PM

I'm just so happy they ran to the right I could just shhhit a cheese cake.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 23, 2007, 06:04:40 PM

Some Hiding, Cowardly Mod over at the TBBB said Gruden was already going to be fired this past off-season.

He's pictured below:

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 23, 2007, 06:09:07 PM

I'm just so happy they ran to the right I could just shhhit a cheese cake.

Joseph and Trueblood played very well on that right side.  Sears clears the way as a pulling guard.  Askew really blew open some holes today, particularly on Cadillac's TD run.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anti-Grudenites Where are you now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools