Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anti-Grudenites Where are you now? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

wiggumdk

Starter

#30 : September 23, 2007, 06:12:04 PM

It's only 2 games...it's only 3 games...it's only 4 games...it's only 9 games...10 games... ;)
Excuse me MarleyMon but I am not convinced by a two-game winning streak. If you think I'm grauchy about the win you've got me wrong cause I'm very happy. It's been a long time since I've enjoyed Buc football and I've enjoyed the past two games alot.

All I want is a winning team that plays good football and we've had that for the past two weeks. I'm happy that Monte's defense is kicking ass and that Garcia has been a great QB taking good care of the football and making smart plays. However so far it dosn't change my opinion of Gruden. Hopefully we'll continue to win and have an awesome season.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 23, 2007, 09:16:08 PM

It's a win. I'm happy. We have a run game! Mr. August might have come of age!
Any negativity or talk about today's mistakes should be left for later in the week.
Enjoy being 2-1.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 23, 2007, 09:23:36 PM

I'm getting the impression we could win the superbowl and some people would still complain about Gruden.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 23, 2007, 10:18:53 PM

I'm getting the impression we could win the superbowl and some people would still complain about Gruden.

I think you're right.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 23, 2007, 10:30:19 PM

Gruden stays if the Bucs finish .500 or better and given what we've seen, that's a good possibility. Can we get to nine or 10 wins and the playoffs? Possibly. But the improvement overall, particularly in the young guys, is reason enough for him to stay.

In Verner We Trust

#35 : September 23, 2007, 10:32:08 PM

I think our Biggest Test to see where we stand as a team is against the Colts on Oct. 7th. The we can see if this team has a legitimate chance to be Contenders.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 23, 2007, 10:33:04 PM

Gruden stays if the Bucs finish .500 or better and given what we've seen, that's a good possibility. Can we get to nine or 10 wins and the playoffs? Possibly. But the improvement overall, particularly in the young guys, is reason enough for him to stay.

Improvement and progression for the young players is all most wanted to see.  A playoff spot would be icing on the cake but if they continue to improve they might be a force in the playoffs.

Right now Gruden is looking odds-on to get an extension.

Bucfanut

Starter

#37 : September 23, 2007, 10:34:45 PM

Now our own fans are using "weak schedule" excuses when the Bucs beat the defending division champ from a year ago, and a team that finished last season strong; and probably should have won last week in the Rams. And given that we were 4-12 a year ago, we were supposed to BE the "easy game" for teams such as the Saints ans Rams. Spare me the garbage.

#38 : September 23, 2007, 10:37:52 PM

weak schedule my ass, we're playing the Panthers next + Colts + Titans + Lions + Jags + Cardinals before our BYE Week. My friends we just started.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 23, 2007, 10:39:29 PM

It's only two Super Bowls in 6 years.  Please...nothing to be thrilled about there... [banghead] ;D

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 23, 2007, 10:43:40 PM

Java - that sentiment is why John Galt labled them the "anti Gruden death cult" (AGDC's), no matter what he does some of these guys guys refuse to see any good and SCREAM and RANT about anything bad that happens while he's coach. He is the embodiment of evil and some of them would gladly accept a losing season in order for him to be gone.

Fact of life - no matter what you do someone is going to hate you for it.

Since their so much smarter than the rest of us....and Jon.

I enjoy tweaking their noses because they telegraph where their goat is tied and it's so easy - but it gets so old.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

bklynbucs11

Starter

#41 : September 23, 2007, 10:50:26 PM

Some thoughts to consider....

1. We have a winning record for the first time in 21 months.
2. We have topped our previous largest margin of victory (last week), which was our highest since the 2004 season - 3 YEARS ago.
3. We posted double-digit margin wins for the first time since 2002.
4. Caddy's YPG is 3.5 - but we are currently sitting at 120 rushing yards per game, good for 12th in the NFL despite the fact that we may have run less offensive plays than any other team in the NFL.
5. We have a winning record.

I understand fans not being happy. Its a sick psychology fostered by decades of losing. Watching our team play heart-breaking games over the last 2 years is difficult. Watch Mike Clayton (who - if i hear ONE MORE person blame GRuden for Clayton I will go nuts. Gruden scouted him perfectly, hence his 80 catch 1200 yard season. His utter laziness was on him and you can't predict one year forward especially when his personality prior was completely the opposite) drop enough balls and fumble, thats infuriating. Watching our receivers fall one after another. Stovall looking great in TC early to disappearing in pre-season. Boston looking like a stud in preseason, then getting arrested and re-injuring his knee. Watching the pass rush in developmental stages. All of these are valid concerns guys.

But seriously - at least for a week, look past it. We're 2-1, we're winning, and winning big. We've got a real shot to do well next week and win a huge road game. We're playing spectacularly, and for the first time, is the YOUNG guys leading the way. June, Sears, Davin, Trueblood, Buchannan, Graham, Caddy, Jones, White - all guys showing real potential and playing with passion (does anyone think we've found a staple LE in White btw). In literally one year, we're actually looking like a team needing a couple of more pieces to seriously compete (big receiver, UT and maybe a stud LT) from one that looked like it should have major holes this season. Personally, I couldn't be happier.

PS, I didn't include Ruud in the above young players for a reason. He's not playing well right now. He's playing on the "this is MY defense now, I will strike fear into the offense and I will lead this D back into top-10 prominence" level right now. To think how many people (myself included for a time) wanted Tatupu over him.

#42 : September 23, 2007, 10:58:47 PM

It's a little too early to be analyzing any statistical trends, the stat pool is still too small. Personally, I'm very happy with the team's play, they have performed beyond expectations. But it seems to me that there are a lot of people here who may be so tired of the negative attitude that they are now jumping down the throats of people who are making valid criticisms.

#43 : September 24, 2007, 02:40:11 AM

Jesus.  What exactly was their to be fond of?

Ther3es a difference between choosing a scapegoat, and placing blame accordingly

Sorry but a losing season doesnt make you a bad caoch. I never once have said Jeff Fisher, Mike Shanahan, Mike Holmgren, Bill Cowher, Bill Parcells, or Andy Reid are bad caoches. Because it is obvious they are very good caoches. Yet they have each been victims of the vicious NFL cycle of ups and downs. Some moronic fans choose to bash the living daylights out of them when the natural cycle of the NFL catches up with them, and some choose to acknowledge the difficulty of maintaining a playoff caliber team or better yet keep from eventually swooping down into levels of mediocrity or lower for short periods of times. In Andy Reids case he has yet to really hit that dip, yet there is a big following calling for his head. Ridiculous. O btw he just put up 56 points on an NFL team with Kevin Curtis, Jason Avant and Reggie Brown at WR.

Gruden hasnt deserved the majority of criticism he's received, and Im not afraid to say that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#44 : September 24, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Jesus.  What exactly was their to be fond of?

Ther3es a difference between choosing a scapegoat, and placing blame accordingly

Sorry but a losing season doesnt make you a bad caoch. I never once have said Jeff Fisher, Mike Shanahan, Mike Holmgren, Bill Cowher, Bill Parcells, or Andy Reid are bad caoches. Because it is obvious they are very good caoches. Yet they have each been victims of the vicious NFL cycle of ups and downs. Some moronic fans choose to bash the living daylights out of them when the natural cycle of the NFL catches up with them, and some choose to acknowledge the difficulty of maintaining a playoff caliber team or better yet keep from eventually swooping down into levels of mediocrity or lower for short periods of times. In Andy Reids case he has yet to really hit that dip, yet there is a big following calling for his head. Ridiculous.

Gruden hasnt deserved the majority of criticism he's received, and Im not afraid to say that.
There should be a following, as you put it.

Reason being consistency.  Of course, I am a Gruden fan, but even I have my limits.

If he can't get the job done, most likely he will not get rewarded with an extension.  Simple as that really.

I am pulling for him, and hope the Bucs play some watchable games.  I have seen enough of the crapola that has been regurgitated the last few years (sans the nice division banner year).

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Anti-Grudenites Where are you now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools