Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: somebody has to say it.... "Gruden must go." « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 23, 2007, 04:31:50 PM

Now you are going to call me a liar? That's really big of you. In fact, it makes you look like the blind fool that you are. I challenge you to go back and look at my body of posts over the last 5 years. Even look at my posts last season and you will see that I am a Gruden supporter on this board and have argued many times in his favor. I call it how I see it, and I am scrutinizing him at this point because I feel it's deserved. I don't care if you think it is or isn't.

Nobody's perfect, especially Gruden at this juncture. He's on the hot seat whether you want to believe it or not. I wasn't pleased with the playcalling or the clock management prior to halftime. That has to get fixed. The running in the 4th quarter was beautiful. I liked running the clock down that way...it was safe and effective. You always want to end a game like that and it was some very smart playcalling.

If you want to know why I am being so hard on Gruden, I will tell you. I have argued in his favor so many times that I came to the conclusion that there would be no excuses for him this season. There aren't, either, in my opinion. It took me 4 years to be unconvinced that he was the guy for the job, and it is going to take a while for me to become convinced again that he is indeed the guy for the job. I don't care if you believe me, either, especially since you have proven to be a jerk in this thread and have proved to be an excuse machine for Gruden in the past.

Let me see if I understand this right...After all the travail that he and  Monte have put up with now that you see the fruit of his work begining to shape up you want to say its time for me to change my support for Gruden...Man that is messed up. You need to re-evaluate your research and progression of reasoning...OBD

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#16 : September 23, 2007, 04:35:35 PM

What a dumb thing to talk about after a win. Cant fans just enjoy wins without complaining about something here. I think its the people who didnt give us a chance this year that are complaining. They were too busy in the offseason complaining about this and that. Hey we might have a team here. the defense is playing well. Garcia is playing like we thought he could. The olines getting better. Who cares about the play calls here Garcia did his job and audibled if he didnt we dont get a touchdown and maybe a sack on the play. Stop complaining and enjoy the damn win or go complain somewhere else. Its just plain stupid if u ask me.

Pious12

Practice Squad

#17 : September 23, 2007, 04:38:32 PM

Its good to know that Bucs fans are made up of whinning old ladies...thats why we have one of the most bandwagon/inconsistent fan bases.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 23, 2007, 04:52:05 PM

Hey we all lose faith in things from time to time.

Just have to know when it looks different - this looks feels and smells - like things have turned around.

Whole lotta' changes from last year. Completely different teams.

And I know Boid to be a defender of Gruden on a couple fo boards so I don't think anyone needs to worry about him. This is the team we thought we were getting last year...I love the match-up's the set-up's and the playcall selections this year. Makes a BIG difference whent he signal caller know what he's doing and is in synch with the coach.

Same on defense - Ruud is an absolute gem! Not many missing Q right now and that is not said lightly, Ruud is just making everyone pay attentioin to him. Brooks can concentrate on his OWN gap's and play within himself because there is ability EVERYWHERE on the defense this year!

Incomparable sig by Incognito

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 23, 2007, 04:59:44 PM

I am a fan of good football - and efforts to provide good football.  When I don't see it I get really pissy - and normally don't share it here - but I understand those that do.

I did not understand some who were negative prior to the first game of the season, and I did see a better team in Seattle.  Now I am trying to control a real rush given what I have seen the play of hte last two games, and the results. 

Not gonna give anyone crap for being disgusted over last year, but not gonna give anyone a pass for bashing without reason this offseason and up to the opening of the regular season.  But then - it is a poster's right to change his or her mind.

So some need to chill out and let the season progress - as others get re-acclimated to a team that is playing pretty darn well.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 23, 2007, 06:11:16 PM

The 4th quarter looked good today. Gruden was spotty today, though. I didn't like a lot of his playcalls. Garcia made nice audibles.

Man you are a fool. Let's spell out again for you since it seems you're slow; Gruden gives Garcia 2-3 plays, THAT GRUDEN CALLS, and then lets Garcia decide based on what look he gets.

If this that difficult for you? I don't think so.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#21 : September 23, 2007, 06:19:28 PM

The 4th quarter looked good today. Gruden was spotty today, though. I didn't like a lot of his playcalls. Garcia made nice audibles.

Man you are a fool. Let's spell out again for you since it seems you're slow; Gruden gives Garcia 2-3 plays, THAT GRUDEN CALLS, and then lets Garcia decide based on what look he gets.

If this that difficult for you? I don't think so.

2 things I am not - a fool, and slow. Nice how you treat a fellow Buc fan. I think it is you who are slow. Let me lay it out for you.

Gruden calls 3 plays in to Garcia. Garcia picks the play he wants to run out of those 3. An audible, however, is different. That is a complete change of the play. It may very well be to one of those 3 plays that Gruden called but it may not be. That we will never know.

I don't know what Gruden called in on those plays. It could have been the most brilliant thing ever, or it could have been the play we saw because it was one of the 3 plays he called in. We just won't know.

The bottom line is it was a great move by Garcia to call those audibles.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 23, 2007, 06:28:13 PM

Some of you people are sick.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 23, 2007, 06:30:11 PM

I don't know what Gruden called in on those plays. It could have been the most brilliant thing ever, or it could have been the play we saw because it was one of the 3 plays he called in. We just won't know.

Here's what we do know: whatever play Garcia executes on the field, is a Jon Gruden play. Apparently some people on this board didn't listen to Garcia talk about Gruden's offense during the pre-game show.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#24 : September 23, 2007, 06:34:40 PM

Of course every play he calls is a Jon Gruden play.

People are twisting everything I have said around these last few weeks and I am getting sick and tired of it. I type in plain English. Stop being so sensitive people.

wiggumdk

Starter

#25 : September 23, 2007, 06:37:41 PM

Here's what we do know: whatever play Garcia executes on the field, is a Jon Gruden play. Apparently some people on this board didn't listen to Garcia talk about Gruden's offense during the pre-game show.
So we praise Gruden to no end when the team wins and when we loose he is not to blame? Geez. Talk about a double standard.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 23, 2007, 06:44:58 PM

So we praise Gruden to no end when the team wins and when we loose he is not to blame? Geez. Talk about a double standard.

It's best to take a balanced approach and look INSIDE the game, not just at the scoreboard.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#27 : September 23, 2007, 06:45:08 PM

That's what it seems like around here, wiggumdk.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#28 : September 23, 2007, 07:24:20 PM

I think it's attempt by some to balance out those who blame Gruden to no end when the team loses, but not give him any credit when they win.

Like DTG says, it's best to find balance in what actually happens in the game.  But we'll always have the ten percenters at both extremes that will deify or villify Gruden on each game, win or lose.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#29 : September 23, 2007, 07:46:29 PM

That's what it seems like around here, wiggumdk.
  Shutup -- you call him out for everything and even in the wins you try and find something-- Bunch of haters around this joint-- that can't even stand to win w/o slinging crap. Just like all the Ruud haters that said he wasn't nothing since Q was starting last year-- eat the crow haters Bwahahahahahah

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: somebody has to say it.... "Gruden must go." « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools