Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: somebody has to say it.... "Gruden must go." « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#60 : September 25, 2007, 06:51:47 AM

Some of you people are sick.
Its called soul searching. The Gruden haters are doing it now, and it isn't always pretty.

#61 : September 25, 2007, 10:57:14 AM

Gotta wonder if the reverses sometimes aren't just an attempt to get Clayton involved in the game ...without him having to catch the ball first.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#62 : September 25, 2007, 11:03:33 AM

Gotta wonder if the reverses sometimes aren't just an attempt to get Clayton involved in the game ...without him having to catch the ball first.

...thought the same thing - hell, start using Clayton as some sort of H-back.

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#63 : September 25, 2007, 01:25:05 PM

So let me see if I got this straight. It's OK if Reynolds, Flynn and Gonzales give out grades and constructive criticism on game day, but Option doesn't have that, uh, option?!?

I think constructive criticism was in order on the two minute drill time management. It was good, but it was not perfect or "championship" calibre as Gruden is so fond of demanding from everyone this year.

You're the OC or the QB. You've got 1st down at the opponents 31 yd line with 45 seconds to go, two timeouts left. You gain 8 yards on first down on a quick slant.
You've got 2nd down and 2 from the 23 with 39 seconds left before half. You decide to

a) Spike the ball to stop the clock
b) Call timeout immediately to stop the clock
c) Run the #2 play called in the prior 1st down huddle (aren't you supposed to have two plays called in the 2 min drill?)
d) None of the above. You waste 12 seconds and call timeout with 27 seconds to go.

If you chose (d), you went with what the Bucs did. Something tells me that is something Brady and Bellichek would never do.o

My point here is that it was not perfect on Sunday. If Gruden can demand championship performance, so can a true fan. Even when we win.

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: somebody has to say it.... "Gruden must go." « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools