Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Welcome back Defense! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

NovaBuc

Starter

: September 23, 2007, 04:49:33 PM

Gotta give props to the defense for the way they have played the last two weeks. For the first time in a long while they are playing with some emotion and tackling like the defense of old. I can't remember the last time I saw so many buccaneer players converging on the ball to stop the play. Not sure who it is, but someone out there seems to have them playing with an attitude and some anger. A lot of hard, hard hits. If we can get some pressure on the QB, this defense looks like it can rival the 98-02 defenses. Even Brooks and Barber were getting fired up out there today. Gotta love it!

NoVaBuc

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 23, 2007, 05:05:03 PM

The gang tackling was a thing of beauty.

Steven JAckson had a lot of yards, but he got beat up, and he had a lot of tries to get them.

DAMN!  Kiff is BAAAACK! (as is Raheem baby!) 

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#2 : September 23, 2007, 05:13:10 PM

Need some pass rush.

T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Starter
#3 : September 23, 2007, 05:17:12 PM

The pass rush seemed to get better as the game went on, but even without one, the defense was disgusting.

Now, see how they played today, and just imagine how many turnovers we could have created if we had that same destructive pass rush of years past. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Overall, I am VERY pleased with the way they played, and am looking forward to having another 3 pick game against Jake Delhomme.

P.S. Ruud is a STUD.

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 23, 2007, 05:18:26 PM

Pass Rush sucks.  Without improvement there this team will struggle to get off the field.  And will struggle against good opponents.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 23, 2007, 05:22:09 PM

I only remember a pass rush once. On like a 3rd and six.  No Gaines on that play either. 

What are you going to say about a shut out though? Can't do any better the that.  Even with the refs giving the rams a bunch of yards on the one drive.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 23, 2007, 05:23:05 PM

It's only 3 games, but the tackling is just like the old days.. Pass rush is only going to get better..  The back 7 is probably TOP 5 IN THE LEAGUE...

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 23, 2007, 05:26:03 PM

The first level, and the second level tackling was JOS.

Loved it, and was not worried about the run beating us, despite the Rams having a BEAST running back.

The engine (F4) needs tuning, but the rest of the car is working nicely.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 23, 2007, 05:31:57 PM

I'm just super hyped about Ruud. I thought he was going to hold his own but I didn't expect him to be nearly dominant like he has been. If our pass rush can improve a little bit we could be in for a very good year. I predicted 9-7 but I'll notch that up a win or two if we win against Carolina.

#9 : September 23, 2007, 05:39:01 PM

Gotta give props to the D. They are swarming to the ball and the hitting is a thing of beauty. Jackson, Bruce, and Bulger will be feeling it in the monring. Ruud has really impressed me as has Buchanon. If we can develop some kind of pass rush, it'll be like the D of old.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 23, 2007, 06:15:43 PM

I wanna give props to Jermaine Phillips. He clearly came into this season well prepared and with a chip on his shoulder. Great start, JP.
Buchanon was a fantastic pickup. I love Ronde and will be the first to argue when others say Kelly is our best cover guy, but PB MIGHT be our best in that respect.

In Verner We Trust

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 23, 2007, 06:20:46 PM

Jermaine Phillips is playing very well. The defense looks so much faster compared to last year. Players really seem to be in position. Fun to watch.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 23, 2007, 06:23:08 PM

I wanna give props to Jermaine Phillips.

Thank Raheem Morris. He made it his mission to get JP playing up to his potential.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 23, 2007, 06:24:07 PM

maybe a DE in free agency like suggs could do it but I dont believe he will leave the ravens

Formerly known as Revis Islander

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 23, 2007, 06:24:30 PM

Phillips made a hellva int on the sideline

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Welcome back Defense! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools