Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Welcome back Defense! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 23, 2007, 06:25:35 PM

maybe a DE in free agency like suggs could do it but I dont believe he will leave the ravens
The Ravens gave him a fat extension/contract just happened a few days ago.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 23, 2007, 06:27:09 PM

oh ok

Formerly known as Revis Islander

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 23, 2007, 06:29:09 PM

maybe a DE in free agency like suggs could do it but I dont believe he will leave the ravens
The Ravens gave him a fat extension/contract just happened a few days ago.

he did give me the link

Formerly known as Revis Islander

bklynbucs11

Starter

#18 : September 23, 2007, 08:23:58 PM

the pass rush is a work in progress. Its damn near impossible to build one from scratch overnight. And lets face it, this is what we're doing. People forget that the best pure pass rusher from last year's draft (Kameron Wimbley) had 3 sacks through 8 games until he picked up the system. Gaines is raw but he made SIGNIFICANT improvements today. The tackle for a loss was a nice play. What really convinces me that he will be a stellar play though was the 3rd down fumble that Tory Holt picked up for a first down. He didn't get to Bulger and the swipe missed him. But did you guys see his speed? That speed is SCARY guys. You can learn pass rush technique and moves. Like Monte said in the post-draft conference, they can teach a guy to play the run if he's willing. But what Gaines has, the pure speed off the line - thats God-given.

PS, you have to love Greg White and Jovan Haye. Talk about walkoff guys contributing.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 23, 2007, 08:28:34 PM

Gaines is raw but he made SIGNIFICANT improvements today.

I agree, Gaines played well today. There was little opportunity for sacks today, Bulger was throwing it in 1.5 seconds.

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#20 : September 23, 2007, 09:31:10 PM

I guess it's ok to say the D is back now, huh, lol.

-Chase

Our fans suck!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Welcome back Defense! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools