Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NCAA Basketball Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 49

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

: November 12, 2006, 11:37:09 AM

any of you College Bball fans? I love it far more than NBA. Nothin beats March Madness

Who are you guys fans of? I'm huge tech fan. We debuted at 21 in the polls which isn't bad for a team starting 3 true freshman.

2 of those freshman happen to be 2 of the best recruits in the nation, both McDonalds All-Americans. Young (the SF) is 5 stars and was the 2nd rated SF of last years class. Critterton, the PG, also 5 stars, was the 3rd rated PG.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=1138467

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=836101

Future at Tech basketball is so bright you gotta wear shades! Both Young and Critterton had GREAT debuts on friday.

Next game is tomorrow at Jax St.

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#1 : November 12, 2006, 11:45:01 AM

I am a big Gator fan obviously.  We are #1 in the polls and a heavy favorite to win it all.  It is going to be tough though, a lot of good teams out there and the SEC is as tough as ever.

Good article on the SEC teams here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2655624

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 12, 2006, 11:52:52 AM

I wouldn't ever call anyone a heavy favorite to win it all.

Auburn was a very heavy favorite to win the SEC this year. Shows you how much that's worth.

Gators are good. Don't they return all 5 starters?

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
[/b]

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#3 : November 12, 2006, 12:03:58 PM

Auburn was a very heavy favorite to win the SEC this year. Shows you how much that's worth.

I think Football is a lot different than basketball.

I would call UF a heavy favorite because yes, they return all 5 starters PLUS 6th Man Chris Richard.  The term heavy favorite wasn't mine, it was used by ESPN.  I just happen to agree.  Of course it doesn't mean anything, but it doesn't change the fact that they are the heavy favorite to win it all again.

I think anytime you win a NC and return all of your starters plus your first guy off the bench, it isn't unreasonable to consider the team the favorite to win it all.  Not to mention the fact that UF had a great recruiting class yet again.

Auburn in football had a good team last year, but they weren't the NC and didn't return ALL of there starters if I recall correctly. 

It's nice people think highly of UF but it doesn't mean a whole lot they have to get it done on the court.  The good thing is at least in CBB it is settled on the court and not in the minds of voters and with computers.....

#4 : November 12, 2006, 12:04:57 PM

I really want to see Noah v. Oden....

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#5 : November 12, 2006, 12:10:59 PM

Yeah.  Unfortunately I think when UF plays OSU Oden won't be back yet.....

#6 : November 12, 2006, 12:26:56 PM

Yeah. Unfortunately I think when UF plays OSU Oden won't be back yet.....
d'oh, maybe in the NCAA Tourney though

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#7 : November 12, 2006, 12:44:36 PM

I would call UF a heavy favorite because yes, they return all 5 starters PLUS 6th Man Chris Richard. The term heavy favorite wasn't mine, it was used by ESPN. I just happen to agree. Of course it doesn't mean anything, but it doesn't change the fact that they are the heavy favorite to win it all again.

I think anytime you win a NC and return all of your starters plus your first guy off the bench, it isn't unreasonable to consider the team the favorite to win it all. Not to mention the fact that UF had a great recruiting class yet again.

Auburn in football had a good team last year, but they weren't the NC and didn't return ALL of there starters if I recall correctly.

It's nice people think highly of UF but it doesn't mean a whole lot they have to get it done on the court. The good thing is at least in CBB it is settled on the court and not in the minds of voters and with computers.....

I guess it all depends on what you mean by heavy favorite. If you mean over 50% chance of winning it all, you're nuts. If you mean  a better chance than any other 1 team, then you'd be correct. But not a better chance than ALL other teams combined.

[/b]

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 12, 2006, 12:45:46 PM

Weren't you giving me crap for being an Auburn fan for football and a Tech fan for bball? You're a seminole fan for football and a gator fan for basketball? That's even worse. I have no problem with it but don't give me crap then turn around and do it yourself.

[/b]

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#9 : November 12, 2006, 12:47:48 PM

Weren't you giving me crap for being an Auburn fan for football and a Tech fan for bball? You're a seminole fan for football and a gator fan for basketball? That's even worse. I have no problem with it but don't give me crap then turn around and do it yourself.

Since when does wanting to see a matchup of 2 of CBB's so called "best" big men make you a fan of the team?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#10 : November 12, 2006, 12:49:16 PM

I would call UF a heavy favorite because yes, they return all 5 starters PLUS 6th Man Chris Richard. The term heavy favorite wasn't mine, it was used by ESPN. I just happen to agree. Of course it doesn't mean anything, but it doesn't change the fact that they are the heavy favorite to win it all again.

I think anytime you win a NC and return all of your starters plus your first guy off the bench, it isn't unreasonable to consider the team the favorite to win it all. Not to mention the fact that UF had a great recruiting class yet again.

It's nice people think highly of UF but it doesn't mean a whole lot they have to get it done on the court. The good thing is at least in CBB it is settled on the court and not in the minds of voters and with computers.....

I guess it all depends on what you mean by heavy favorite. If you mean over 50% chance of winning it all, you're nuts. If you mean a better chance than any other 1 team, then you'd be correct. But not a better chance than ALL other teams combined.

No team will ever have a greater chance than all teams combined.  I would take the field vs. any one team any day of the week.....

I didn't put a % on them winning, but most think they have a very good chance.  It's not like its unwarranted, I think anytime you win a title and return all your starters you have a good chance of winning again....

#11 : November 12, 2006, 12:51:39 PM

WTF are you talking about? I want to see two of the top picks in the draft square off. If I said 'Joakim Noah is my favoritest player of all time and I wish to buy his jersey' then that's one thing, but there loads of matchups I dig seeing, last year for instance was Gerry Mac v. JJ Re**CENSORED**, but I'm not a Duke nor Syracuse fan. I am a FSU / USF fan making that transition like I am in all sports (from football to baseball.)

#12 : November 12, 2006, 12:53:17 PM

Since when does wanting to see a matchup of 2 of CBB's so called "best" big men make you a fan of the team?
I have no clue, I guess since I wanted to see Bllanton v. Bonderman matchup makes me an A's fan?

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 12, 2006, 12:59:33 PM

WTF are you talking about? I want to see two of the top picks in the draft square off. If I said 'Joakim Noah is my favoritest player of all time and I wish to buy his jersey' then that's one thing, but there loads of matchups I dig seeing, last year for instance was Gerry Mac v. JJ Re**CENSORED**, but I'm not a Duke nor Syracuse fan. I am a FSU / USF fan making that transition like I am in all sports (from football to baseball.)

On AIM the other day you were talking about the gators basketball, not FSU/USF. You were gloating about how they were #1 and were telling me about their first game vs. Samford.

You've told me before you're a UF fan. I wasn't basing it off what you said in this thread.

Look, I really don't care, it's cool. Just don't give me crap for it then do the same thing.

[/b]

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 12, 2006, 01:00:23 PM

I guess it all depends on what you mean by heavy favorite. If you mean over 50% chance of winning it all, you're nuts. If you mean a better chance than any other 1 team, then you'd be correct. But not a better chance than ALL other teams combined.

No team will ever have a greater chance than all teams combined. I would take the field vs. any one team any day of the week.....

I didn't put a % on them winning, but most think they have a very good chance. It's not like its unwarranted, I think anytime you win a title and return all your starters you have a good chance of winning again....

Ray, I was basing it off what he has said to me over AIM, not just in this thread. It just 'sparked' my memory.

[/b]
Page: 1 2 3 ... 49
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NCAA Basketball Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools