Boards > Pirate's Cove

NCAA Basketball Thread

(1/74) > >>

SeedOfChucky33:
any of you College Bball fans? I love it far more than NBA. Nothin beats March Madness

Who are you guys fans of? I'm huge tech fan. We debuted at 21 in the polls which isn't bad for a team starting 3 true freshman.

2 of those freshman happen to be 2 of the best recruits in the nation, both McDonalds All-Americans. Young (the SF) is 5 stars and was the 2nd rated SF of last years class. Critterton, the PG, also 5 stars, was the 3rd rated PG.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=1138467

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=836101

Future at Tech basketball is so bright you gotta wear shades! Both Young and Critterton had GREAT debuts on friday.

Next game is tomorrow at Jax St.

rayfsc07:
I am a big Gator fan obviously.  We are #1 in the polls and a heavy favorite to win it all.  It is going to be tough though, a lot of good teams out there and the SEC is as tough as ever.

Good article on the SEC teams here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=2655624

SeedOfChucky33:
I wouldn't ever call anyone a heavy favorite to win it all.

Auburn was a very heavy favorite to win the SEC this year. Shows you how much that's worth.

Gators are good. Don't they return all 5 starters?

rayfsc07:

--- Quote from: WDE on November 12, 2006, 11:52:52 AM ---I wouldn't ever call anyone a heavy favorite to win it all.

Auburn was a very heavy favorite to win the SEC this year. Shows you how much that's worth.

--- End quote ---

I think Football is a lot different than basketball.

I would call UF a heavy favorite because yes, they return all 5 starters PLUS 6th Man Chris Richard.  The term heavy favorite wasn't mine, it was used by ESPN.  I just happen to agree.  Of course it doesn't mean anything, but it doesn't change the fact that they are the heavy favorite to win it all again.

I think anytime you win a NC and return all of your starters plus your first guy off the bench, it isn't unreasonable to consider the team the favorite to win it all.  Not to mention the fact that UF had a great recruiting class yet again.

Auburn in football had a good team last year, but they weren't the NC and didn't return ALL of there starters if I recall correctly. 

It's nice people think highly of UF but it doesn't mean a whole lot they have to get it done on the court.  The good thing is at least in CBB it is settled on the court and not in the minds of voters and with computers.....

rjgobucs1:
I really want to see Noah v. Oden....

rayfsc07:

--- Quote from: Mr. D'Ray on November 12, 2006, 12:04:57 PM ---I really want to see Noah v. Oden....

--- End quote ---
Yeah.  Unfortunately I think when UF plays OSU Oden won't be back yet.....

rjgobucs1:

--- Quote from: RayFSC07 on November 12, 2006, 12:10:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mr. D'Ray on November 12, 2006, 12:04:57 PM ---I really want to see Noah v. Oden....

--- End quote ---
Yeah. Unfortunately I think when UF plays OSU Oden won't be back yet.....

--- End quote ---
d'oh, maybe in the NCAA Tourney though

SeedOfChucky33:

--- Quote from: RayFSC07 on November 12, 2006, 12:03:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: WDE on November 12, 2006, 11:52:52 AM ---I wouldn't ever call anyone a heavy favorite to win it all.

--- End quote ---

I think Football is a lot different than basketball.

I would call UF a heavy favorite because yes, they return all 5 starters PLUS 6th Man Chris Richard. The term heavy favorite wasn't mine, it was used by ESPN. I just happen to agree. Of course it doesn't mean anything, but it doesn't change the fact that they are the heavy favorite to win it all again.

I think anytime you win a NC and return all of your starters plus your first guy off the bench, it isn't unreasonable to consider the team the favorite to win it all. Not to mention the fact that UF had a great recruiting class yet again.

Auburn in football had a good team last year, but they weren't the NC and didn't return ALL of there starters if I recall correctly.

It's nice people think highly of UF but it doesn't mean a whole lot they have to get it done on the court. The good thing is at least in CBB it is settled on the court and not in the minds of voters and with computers.....

--- End quote ---

I guess it all depends on what you mean by heavy favorite. If you mean over 50% chance of winning it all, you're nuts. If you mean  a better chance than any other 1 team, then you'd be correct. But not a better chance than ALL other teams combined.

SeedOfChucky33:

--- End quote ---

Weren't you giving me crap for being an Auburn fan for football and a Tech fan for bball? You're a seminole fan for football and a gator fan for basketball? That's even worse. I have no problem with it but don't give me crap then turn around and do it yourself.

rayfsc07:

--- Quote from: WDE on November 12, 2006, 12:45:46 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Weren't you giving me crap for being an Auburn fan for football and a Tech fan for bball? You're a seminole fan for football and a gator fan for basketball? That's even worse. I have no problem with it but don't give me crap then turn around and do it yourself.

--- End quote ---

Since when does wanting to see a matchup of 2 of CBB's so called "best" big men make you a fan of the team?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version