Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NCAA Basketball Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 49

#15 : November 12, 2006, 01:02:57 PM

I really want to see Noah v. Oden....

Weren't you giving me crap for being an Auburn fan for football and a Tech fan for bball? You're a seminole fan for football and a gator fan for basketball? That's even worse. I have no problem with it but don't give me crap then turn around and do it yourself.
WTF are you talking about? I want to see two of the top picks in the draft square off. If I said 'Joakim Noah is my favoritest player of all time and I wish to buy his jersey' then that's one thing, but there loads of matchups I dig seeing, last year for instance was Gerry Mac v. JJ Re**CENSORED**, but I'm not a Duke nor Syracuse fan. I am a FSU / USF fan making that transition like I am in all sports (from football to baseball.)

On AIM the other day you were talking about the gators basketball, not FSU/USF. You were gloating about how they were #1 and were telling me about their first game vs. Samford.

You've told me before you're a UF fan. I wasn't basing it off what you said in this thread.

Look, I really don't care, it's cool. Just don't give me crap for it then do the same thing.
pal I've never said I'm a UF fan, I said 'oh that's right CBB starts this week' I only knew about the UF game since Sun Sports (the channel with all the Bolts / Gic games) runs ads for the Gator games all the time, and I happened to see that one 3-4 times and knew they started Friday.

I said I was happy to see the Gators win the NC since it's FLORIDA TEAM!!!!

Sorry unlike you most of us keep fandom to one university, or at least to one state.

#16 : November 12, 2006, 01:04:42 PM

I wouldn't ever call anyone a heavy favorite to win it all.

Auburn was a very heavy favorite to win the SEC this year. Shows you how much that's worth.

Gators are good. Don't they return all 5 starters?

I think Football is a lot different than basketball.

I would call UF a heavy favorite because yes, they return all 5 starters PLUS 6th Man Chris Richard. The term heavy favorite wasn't mine, it was used by ESPN. I just happen to agree. Of course it doesn't mean anything, but it doesn't change the fact that they are the heavy favorite to win it all again.

I think anytime you win a NC and return all of your starters plus your first guy off the bench, it isn't unreasonable to consider the team the favorite to win it all. Not to mention the fact that UF had a great recruiting class yet again.

Auburn in football had a good team last year, but they weren't the NC and didn't return ALL of there starters if I recall correctly.

It's nice people think highly of UF but it doesn't mean a whole lot they have to get it done on the court. The good thing is at least in CBB it is settled on the court and not in the minds of voters and with computers.....

I guess it all depends on what you mean by heavy favorite. If you mean over 50% chance of winning it all, you're nuts. If you mean a better chance than any other 1 team, then you'd be correct. But not a better chance than ALL other teams combined.

No team will ever have a greater chance than all teams combined. I would take the field vs. any one team any day of the week.....

I didn't put a % on them winning, but most think they have a very good chance. It's not like its unwarranted, I think anytime you win a title and return all your starters you have a good chance of winning again....

Ray, I was basing it off what he has said to me over AIM, not just in this thread. It just 'sparked' my memory.
your a liar, I don't know how else to say it. You really are, I'm not a UF fan, don't own a single piece of UF memoribllia, never been to UF, their campus any of their stadiums, never celebrated a UF victory, never cried for a UF defeat. Do I know the players? Yes, but hello any casual fan probably does considering that was the big news this year, the starting 5 coming back, plus I have loads of Gator fans who talk CBB and all I hear is 'Noah, Horford, Green' ect. and how they will repeat.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 12, 2006, 01:06:42 PM

I really want to see Noah v. Oden....

Weren't you giving me crap for being an Auburn fan for football and a Tech fan for bball? You're a seminole fan for football and a gator fan for basketball? That's even worse. I have no problem with it but don't give me crap then turn around and do it yourself.
WTF are you talking about? I want to see two of the top picks in the draft square off. If I said 'Joakim Noah is my favoritest player of all time and I wish to buy his jersey' then that's one thing, but there loads of matchups I dig seeing, last year for instance was Gerry Mac v. JJ Re**CENSORED**, but I'm not a Duke nor Syracuse fan. I am a FSU / USF fan making that transition like I am in all sports (from football to baseball.)

On AIM the other day you were talking about the gators basketball, not FSU/USF. You were gloating about how they were #1 and were telling me about their first game vs. Samford.

You've told me before you're a UF fan. I wasn't basing it off what you said in this thread.

Look, I really don't care, it's cool. Just don't give me crap for it then do the same thing.
pal I've never said I'm a UF fan, I said 'oh that's right CBB starts this week' I only knew about the UF game since Sun Sports (the channel with all the Bolts / Gic games) runs ads for the Gator games all the time, and I happened to see that one 3-4 times and knew they started Friday.

I said I was happy to see the Gators win the NC since it's FLORIDA TEAM!!!!

Sorry unlike you most of us keep fandom to one university, or at least to one state.

Ok, Seminole, Gator, Bull, Canes fan.

"Sorry unlike you most of us keep fandom to one university, or at least to one state."

Translation= Some of us keep fandom to one school, or four.

Rj, you're failing to understand this. I have strong ties to both schools. Do you have ties to...any of your schools, besides geography?

Both of my parents are AU alumn. My dad, as you know, went to grad school at tech. He is employed be tech. TECH PAYS FOR THE CLOTHS ON MY BACK.

And you're getting on me for being a fan, when you have 0 ties to your teams? I grew up with Tech basketball. I got to 15 or so games every year, but you're getting on me for being a fan?

Shove it, RJ.
I said someting about 'Tech is 21 in the poll, and they debut this friday'

You return with 'UF is #1, and they play samford this friday'

Nothing about the noles? If you talk to me about basketball (I'm a tech fan), I'm not going to mention UGA's ranking and schedule. That wouldn't make sense.

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 12, 2006, 01:08:34 PM

Okay, RJ, you're not a UF fan. I apologize.

From now on, please try not to gloat to me about how UF is #1 and telling me about their schedule, since you are not a fan.

I will never accuse you of being a fan again, that was my mistake. I was confused when all you talk about is UF basketball with no mention of any other team. How silly of me, to assume you are a  fan of the team you constantly gloat about.

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
[/b]

#19 : November 12, 2006, 01:11:19 PM

Okay, RJ, you're not a UF fan. I apologize.

From now on, please try not to gloat to me about how UF is #1 and telling me about their schedule, since you are not a fan.

I will never accuse you of being a fan again, that was my mistake. I was confused when all you talk about is UF basketball with no mention of any other team. How silly of me, to assume you are a fan of the team you constantly gloat about.
dude I never said 'they're number one' I said 'Florida opens with Samford' , FSU is ranked outside the top 25, and honestly I don't know when they open because I haven't seen the commercial for them, and haven't looked it up since I'm sure it'll be on SS, just like every other game.

#20 : November 12, 2006, 01:16:28 PM

hey guys I know who Ohio State plays this weekend, and who Notre Dame plays on the 25th...I'M A OSU AND NOTRE DAME FAN BECASUE I KNOW THEIR SCHEDULE AND WHERE THEIR RANKED!!!

/ sevre sarcasm

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 12, 2006, 01:53:39 PM

RJ, you're taking it too literally. You're great at that.

Just don't worry about it. It's not a big deal.

The only thing you have to worry about is how you're going to watch the FSU game if you don't know when it's on.

"haven't looked it up since I'm sure it'll be on SS, just like every other game."

Maybe your nole sense will start tingling!

[/b]

#22 : November 12, 2006, 04:32:23 PM

Big Gators fan here. We've got some interesting games on our schedule but it should be a fun season.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#23 : November 12, 2006, 04:57:50 PM

Big Gators fan here. We've got some interesting games on our schedule but it should be a fun season.

My birthday is the 25th.  Going to be a great day with FSU-UF in football and UF-KU in basketball.  Hopefully both are wins....

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : November 14, 2006, 07:39:22 PM

Ducks of Orygun... all the talent in the world awful coach.

I think we make the tourney have a favorable schedule only hard non conference game is at Georgetown.

We have a kid here who is playing unbelieveable... hes 5'6 name is Tajuan Porter last game he had 38 points in 28 mins, hit 10-12 3 pointers, hit a 65 ft shot and the 2 shots before that he hit 2 straight 26 ft jumpers

The first 3 games hes avg 31 points, and leds the team in assists.

We have all the talent but a bad coach which is sad

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#25 : November 16, 2006, 09:59:11 AM

Dudes you are missing out on the true college Bball experience which is the ACC. UNC will be touph to beat by tournement time. Hansbrough is playing better and should be palyer of the year.  The #1 freshman class will mature and they will win it all.
UNC class of 71'

#26 : November 16, 2006, 12:00:56 PM

First big upset of the year as Oral Roberts beat Kansas.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 16, 2006, 03:18:51 PM

First big upset of the year as Oral Roberts beat Kansas.

I saw that

Arizona blew a 18 point led at half to Virgina and lost a few nights ago

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 16, 2006, 04:08:13 PM

Dudes you are missing out on the true college Bball experience which is the ACC.

Hell yeah!

[/b]

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#29 : November 16, 2006, 04:19:58 PM

I think most say the ACC is a bit down this year, but I never put it past them to have some surprise team next to the usual suspects.

I saw some of the UNC game yesterday and they made a good comeback vs. Winthrop.  UNC will be there in the end, as will Kansas.

I don't put a whole lot of stock in the regular season.  If you lose a couple games it's not really a big deal.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 49
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NCAA Basketball Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools