Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NCAA Basketball Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 49

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 16, 2006, 04:30:40 PM

Duke is a little bit lower than their standard, but they could be up there. Tech has 2 of the best freshman in the country and are young throughout. Also have the ACC's best shooter in Morrow. The future is bright there. They are #21 right now, I expect them to get higher at points duing the season only to follow with a disappointing loss here and there. They'll be up and down because they are young, and they'll finish somwhere in the 15-25 range with a tourney bid. Next year/year after is their year. Don't really know much about Wake or NCstate, but they are usually pretty good, and Maryland can beat anyone.

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#31 : November 18, 2006, 10:48:18 AM

I think the champion this year will be one of these teams:  UF, North Carolina, Ohio State, UCLA, Kansas, LSU.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 18, 2006, 02:54:09 PM

Go Chartlotte 49ers Im pulling for them and my Ducks. My friend Ian Anderson is a frosh on there team. Averaging 5 points a game in 13 mins per game. Hopefully they smash in the A10

jsunm73

Pro Bowler

#33 : November 19, 2006, 01:52:28 AM

i am a huge n.c. tar heels fan.i think this could be another title season.we'll see.i am usually happy if they just whip duke.still championships are nice also.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 20, 2006, 05:21:39 PM

Tech and the 'super freshman' are matching up against Purdue in an ACC/Big 10 matchup to kick off the Maui Invataional on ESPN2 right now.

we should be in for a good one

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
[/b]

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#35 : November 21, 2006, 10:25:39 PM

GT had a great comeback tonight against Memphis.  They looked dead 1st half but came on in the 2nd half.

Florida preyed on poor Prairie View, beating them by 61.  One more tuneup before the game against Kansas Saturday night.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#36 : November 22, 2006, 11:19:59 AM

The freshman led a 30 point comeback against the 11th ranked team in the nation. 62 points in the second half. RJ will find some way to dismiss it, as well as tie it in to the devil rays.

[/b]

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 22, 2006, 11:25:33 AM

They are #21 right now, I expect them to get higher at points duing the season only to follow with a disappointing loss here and there. They'll be up and down because they are young

I think we'll see this tonight. The team is so talented, but starting 3 true freshman and a sophomore who wasn't on the team last year. I think last night just emotionally drained them with the huge comeback. They are young and they'll get sidetracked in Hawaii.

Against #5 UCLA for the Maui Invitational Championship tonight. I don't think we'll win, but I'm not dismissing the possibility. 2nd place for this young team isn't bad at all. A win tonight, however, would catapult us to the edge or in the top 10.

[/b]

#38 : November 22, 2006, 12:27:34 PM

The freshman led a 30 point comeback against the 11th ranked team in the nation. 62 points in the second half. RJ will find some way to dismiss it, as well as tie it in to the devil rays.
dude STFU, your a hypocrite, when it's your teams and their 'youngsters' they have "90%" chances of succeeding but the Rays prospects have less than half in your eyes. Since you want to be an ass Memphis lost Carney and Washington....not like they are fully loaded

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 22, 2006, 12:49:49 PM

dude STFU, your a hypocrite, when it's your teams and their 'youngsters' they have "90%" chances of succeeding but the Rays prospects have less than half in your eyes. Since you want to be an ass Memphis lost Carney and Washington....not like they are fully loaded

I never said the 'less than half', but I did say that the Tech freshman have a better chance of becoming good players than the rays A, AA, or AAA prospects, and that's obvious.

First off, they're different sports. It's really incomparable, but 5 star basketball recruits generally have greater success than any given baseball prospects who often don't pan out.

But here is the big difference. Young, Critterton, and Pea**CENSORED** are already at the college level. Your prospects are still in 'high school' (for comparison). If you want to use baseball terms, the tech players aren't 'prospects' anymore, they're 'rookies'. Rookies who are tearing it up and making 30 point comebacks against the #11 team in the nation.

It still holds true that these freshman have a better chance at success than your prospects who haven't seen the major league level yet. These freshman aren't 'prospects' anymore, they're 'rookies' who are performing well against still competition. So really you're comparing apples and oranges, but let's put it like this.

A rookie of the year in baseball has a better chance at success than a prospect who has never seen the field. That is obvious. It doesn't even have to be a ROY, even a rookie who is putting up great #'s at the major league level has a better chance of success than a prospect who has a grand total of 0 games. These guys aren't 'Neimanns', they're more like 'Delmon Youngs'

[/b]

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#40 : November 22, 2006, 06:50:09 PM

You are the same way though with Rays players.  You hype them up and think the top guys will all pan out, but ragged on Gator fans for being excited about Tebow. 

#41 : November 22, 2006, 07:30:37 PM

You are the same way though with Rays players. You hype them up and think the top guys will all pan out, but ragged on Gator fans for being excited about Tebow.
no I ragged you because you were a **CENSORED** about w/e it was then, and I admitted recently I was wrong for 'doubting' him by saying ' I don't think he'll be great or even a top QB in the nation'..which is still to be proven, playing 10 plays a game is a hell of a lot different than every snap..

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#42 : November 27, 2006, 01:06:17 AM

You are the same way though with Rays players. You hype them up and think the top guys will all pan out, but ragged on Gator fans for being excited about Tebow.
no I ragged you because you were a **CENSORED** about w/e it was then, and I admitted recently I was wrong for 'doubting' him by saying ' I don't think he'll be great or even a top QB in the nation'..which is still to be proven, playing 10 plays a game is a hell of a lot different than every snap..

Actually it wasn't even me pimping Tebow, and that wasn't the case.  But you got caught, whatever.

#43 : November 27, 2006, 03:08:06 PM

Who said you imped Tebow? I got caught by being wrong about a guy who hasn't became a full time / overall good QB? Wow....shame on me...

ranman

Pro Bowler

#44 : November 27, 2006, 04:02:02 PM

umm, as for the BBall question, yep I like the Buckeyes and the Thad 5.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 49
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NCAA Basketball Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools