Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarterbacks to Bring in Next Year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

: November 13, 2006, 11:40:31 AM

i'll take plummer.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#1 : November 13, 2006, 11:39:23 AM

Plummer would be ok, so would seneca wallace, but i dont feel wallace could be any better than grads, i still think grads is better than him, grads just doesnt have the experience, David Carr would be awesome! just the efficient QB we need, while we are at it if we were to get carr tell him to bring a johnson also :)

Favre wont come here, i think he will retire

Leftwich would be ok also

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : November 13, 2006, 10:45:14 AM

I have a feeling we will see Aaron Brooks since well out of all those guys I see him with the highest upside guy who will have to work his butt off to get a chance to start next season. Mostly all those guys ie Leftwich, Plummer, Carr, etc will be almost guarenteed to be the starting quarterbacks to whatever team they go to.

Gradsw will be our Starting Quarterback at the start of next season.

If Brooks was our QB, we'd have to move Ronde to WR. 

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 13, 2006, 10:52:20 AM

I think Trent Green is a good bet to be here if he is cut.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : November 13, 2006, 10:30:02 AM

I have a feeling we will see Aaron Brooks since well out of all those guys I see him with the highest upside guy who will have to work his butt off to get a chance to start next season. Mostly all those guys ie Leftwich, Plummer, Carr, etc will be almost guarenteed to be the starting quarterbacks to whatever team they go to.

Aaron Brooks sucks, and has no upside what so ever. The longer he has been in the league the worse he's gotten.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 13, 2006, 10:28:01 AM

I have a feeling we will see Aaron Brooks since well out of all those guys I see him with the highest upside guy who will have to work his butt off to get a chance to start next season. 

It would be interesting, because I don't think Gruden thinks that highly of Brooks.

Beastie

Rookie

#6 : November 13, 2006, 10:19:16 AM

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#7 : November 13, 2006, 03:30:57 AM

Seneca Wallace or David Carr.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#8 : November 13, 2006, 02:29:46 AM

Trent Dilfer is still around ???  what a dinosaur

Yeah, talk about an antique... he's one year older than Alstott.

No, he's 1 year 9 months and 8 days older....that's closer to 2 years.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#9 : November 13, 2006, 02:22:58 AM

Carr just got $5 million bonus abd 3 yr extention in Tex. Which is why they didn;t draft a QB.

FlexXVI

Second String
#10 : November 12, 2006, 12:37:58 PM

Regardless of your take on Simms/Grads, you know Gru is gonna bring in a veteran to compete at quarterback.  Assuming all of these QBs will be available and at a decent price (which i think they will), who would yall want to see brought in to compete for our team:

1) Jake Plummer
2) Drew Bledsoe
3) Byron Leftwich
4) Brett Favre
5) Senecca Wallace
6) Anthony Wright
7) Patrick Ramsey
8) David Carr
9) Trent Dilfer
10) Mark Brunnell
11) Aaron Brooks (NO!)
12) Kyle Boller

I know he gets hated on a lot, but I would certainly be willing to part with a third or fourth round draft pick for Jake Plummer.  He's saavy, has decent mobility, and has a sweet mustache.  I think pairing up with Gruden could really help his game.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 12, 2006, 12:41:09 PM

That would be a huge blunder if the Bucs give up a draft pick for Plummer.  If he is cut he will definately be in Tampa though and I would not be suprised if he is starting either.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

#12 : November 12, 2006, 12:46:56 PM

I can't see Bledsoe or Leftwich here; they both have the same weaknesses that killed other QBs behind this O-line.  Hell, Bledsoe even has one of the better WRs in the league on his team (as well as TO) and a better receiving TE, but with no time he couldn't do enough.  Leftwich has an even longer windup than Simms.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#13 : November 12, 2006, 12:48:10 PM

From that list, my top 3 would be Carr, Leftwich, and then Brunell. Problem is Houston will most likely keep Carr, Leftwich is very injury prone and not that mobile, and Brunell is a shell of his once productive self(but would be a great mentor/backup for any young QB in Gru's system). Plummer and Boller are also QBs that deserve to be looked into, but both of them are streaky and have Griese like qualities (brain farts during critical moments). Nonetheless, these QBs are still better than the ones on the team's roster.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#14 : November 12, 2006, 12:52:36 PM

I'll take Plummer, Byron and Favre. 
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarterbacks to Bring in Next Year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools