Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarterbacks to Bring in Next Year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alstott40

Pro Bowler

#15 : November 12, 2006, 01:11:24 PM

Trent Dilfer is still around ???  what a dinosaur

#16 : November 12, 2006, 01:43:08 PM

Yeah, talk about an antique... he's one year older than Alstott.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 12, 2006, 01:51:33 PM

From that list, my top 3 would be Carr, Leftwich, and then Brunell. Problem is Houston will most likely keep Carr, Leftwich is very injury prone and not that mobile, and Brunell is a shell of his once productive self(but would be a great mentor/backup for any young QB in Gru's system). Plummer and Boller are also QBs that deserve to be looked into, but both of them are streaky and have Griese like qualities (brain farts during critical moments). Nonetheless, these QBs are still better than the ones on the team's roster.

I think that unless Houston finishes strong (which is unlikely) that they will try to move Carr and get a fresh start.  Remember, they almost did that this year.  I honestly think Carr could be very successful with a change of scenery, and he fits this offense well.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 12, 2006, 01:58:21 PM

Favre will NOT be going anyplace unless he retires...

Favre will do nothing to ruin his god-like status in Green Bay...

I am willing to bet anyone here anything they want to bet that Favre will NEVER suit up on game-day for any team other than the Green Bay Packers...

Ain't gonna happen.

#19 : November 12, 2006, 02:11:39 PM

I blame Pol Pot for the lack of FA QBs who would make a difference with this defense and running game.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 12, 2006, 08:58:39 PM

Plummer is definitely not worth a #2.  He won't even start on his current team if he isn't cut or traded.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#21 : November 12, 2006, 07:53:44 PM

I would love to see David Carr.  I think he would start here though, so I don't know if we would bring him in.  As far as a back-up goes, I wouldn't mind Ramsey.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : November 12, 2006, 08:02:35 PM

Shaun King.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 12, 2006, 08:45:54 PM

Good question. It will have to be somebody experienced and mobile. I think you have to look at Plummer and Favre if he's available.  Not too crazy about the rest.  Carr and Wallace don't have enough experience.  Bledsoe, Leftwich aren't mobile enough.  Brunell and Brooks just suck.

Plummer has done pretty well in his last three years as far as rating and INTs.   Last year only 7 INTs.  This year he already has 7. But his team is 7-2 so you can't complain too much.  I can see the Bucs making a big push for Jake.  We will have to trade for him, and it may cost us that 2nd round pick we got for Booger.

Favre would be ideal, but I just don't think its worth getting our hopes up for that.  I think he will retire as a Packer.

#24 : November 12, 2006, 08:49:53 PM

Plummer has done pretty well in his last three years as far as rating and INTs.   Last year only 7 INTs.  This year he already has 7. But his team is 7-2 so you can't complain too much.  I can see the Bucs making a big push for Jake. 

They're 7-2 based mostly on their defense. Plummer really hasn't played well this year, he's been making Griese-like mistakes.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#25 : November 12, 2006, 10:16:20 PM

Senneca Wallace :)

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#26 : November 12, 2006, 10:17:35 PM

no to plummer, please god, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WILLBLEE

Starter

#27 : November 12, 2006, 10:22:12 PM

Dilfer has a pretty nice jersey collection too.
But, I wouldnt mind seeing any of those on the list coming here.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#28 : November 12, 2006, 11:08:49 PM

Plummer had the 7th best QB rating for 2005. He may be a bit of a whipping boy. He has ten years of experience as a starter. Seneca Wallace has zero.  If you judge Plummer on his past then I would say NOOOOOOOOO too, but if you look at his QB rating it has climbed since he got to Denver.    Gruden has been pretty successful with QBs, and I have to think he will be able to get the most out of Plummer.

We need an experienced QB who has a decent arm and is mobile.  Tell me any other QB who will be available and has both of those characteristics. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#29 : November 12, 2006, 11:35:51 PM

Plummer had the 7th best QB rating for 2005. He may be a bit of a whipping boy. He has ten years of experience as a starter. Seneca Wallace has zero. If you judge Plummer on his past then I would say NOOOOOOOOO too, but if you look at his QB rating it has climbed since he got to Denver. Gruden has been pretty successful with QBs, and I have to think he will be able to get the most out of Plummer.

We need an experienced QB who has a decent arm and is mobile. Tell me any other QB who will be available and has both of those characteristics.

I still think Carr can be that guy.  I know you have stated elsewhere that he doesn't have the experience, but remember that next year will be his 6th year as a starter.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarterbacks to Bring in Next Year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools