Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarterbacks to Bring in Next Year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 13, 2006, 12:07:35 PM

I say you let grads play out the year. Use this accident that happened to simms as leverage and sign him to a 3 year deal (way more cheap than this offseason) Let them battle it out in camp. The FA QB's are pitiful and we can't trade picks for a QB, no shot.

Baghead #2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 13, 2006, 12:10:50 PM

How about re-signing Larry Brackins to play QB?

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#32 : November 13, 2006, 12:30:54 PM

With the choices listed and if any were selected, this same thread topic will appear next year at this time. 

It seems as if the most of the NFL teams are QB mills, trying the same players over and over, getting the same results.  Somewhere there is a over looked 3rd string QB (maybe even 2nd string) that if given a chance, he will be the next super hero QB. Now who is going to find him?

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#33 : November 13, 2006, 12:43:17 PM

Favre will NOT be going anyplace unless he retires...

Favre will do nothing to ruin his god-like status in Green Bay...

I am willing to bet anyone here anything they want to bet that Favre will NEVER suit up on game-day for any team other than the Green Bay Packers...

Ain't gonna happen.

Funny, they said the same thing about Montana....and he wore KC Red for two years...

My list would be

1) Wallace
2) Favre
3) Plummer
4) Leftwich
5) Carr

The rest are crap. I'd rather go with Bruce and Chris than the rest of that list.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#34 : November 13, 2006, 12:45:49 PM

Carr just got $5 million bonus abd 3 yr extention in Tex. Which is why they didn;t draft a QB.
OK but Carr is also in danger of losing his job to the great Sage Rosenfels.  I am not sure why that is when his rating is 89.5, but Rosenfels name pops up now and then.  I haven't watched a  lot of Houston games this year for some reason.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : November 13, 2006, 05:35:45 PM

NONE OF THE ABOVE.  TAKE A FIRST ROUND QB FROM NOTRE DAME, OHIO OR MICHIGAN...ETC/   WHEN DID WE EVER HAVE A 1ST ROUND QB.  ANYONE KNOW?

#36 : November 13, 2006, 05:46:07 PM

NONE OF THE ABOVE.  TAKE A FIRST ROUND QB FROM NOTRE DAME, OHIO OR MICHIGAN...ETC/   WHEN DID WE EVER HAVE A 1ST ROUND QB.  ANYONE KNOW?

Never.

Oh, wait.  Dilfer.

Just Dilfer.

And Testaverde.

Just those two.

Oh, wait.  Doug Williams, too.

Or did you mean the first round of the supplemental draft?

Then Steve Young.  :)

Beastie

Rookie

#37 : November 13, 2006, 05:48:10 PM

NONE OF THE ABOVE. TAKE A FIRST ROUND QB FROM NOTRE DAME, OHIO OR MICHIGAN...ETC/ WHEN DID WE EVER HAVE A 1ST ROUND QB. ANYONE KNOW?

I know I forgot that these first round draft picks come in and become pro bowlers in their first years. I know I cant believe the Bucs didnt trade up in the past to get Cade Mcnown or Ryan Leaf and even better Akili Smith!!! STUPID COACHES!!!!

:l

Blade

Starter

#38 : November 13, 2006, 09:14:21 PM

Hmm...that's a pretty scary list of QB's. Any chance of luring Charlie Batch out of Pittsburgh? If I may throw some more names out there for arguments' sake...Drew bledsoe from the Cowboys... Kelly Holcomb from Buffalo or even Billy Volek from San Diego? (More scary stuff)

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#39 : November 13, 2006, 09:29:42 PM

Stop now.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#40 : November 14, 2006, 12:14:18 AM

I say bring in Dilfer for old times sake, keeps Simms and go ahead and let Simms beat Grad's out of his job which he should be able to do with no problem. Fire Muir and bring in a young hungy O-line coach, and somehow get about 20 more IQ points for Gruden.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#41 : November 14, 2006, 07:39:43 AM

NONE OF THE ABOVE. TAKE A FIRST ROUND QB FROM NOTRE DAME, OHIO OR MICHIGAN...ETC/ WHEN DID WE EVER HAVE A 1ST ROUND QB. ANYONE KNOW?
Ladyfan, are you willing to promise Gruden he won't be fired for three years? Thats how long it would take to develop a rookie QB.  Of course the answer to that is no.  Gruden is on the hot seat next year. He doesn't have the luxury of throwing a rookie 1st round QB to the wolves next year.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#42 : November 14, 2006, 07:42:03 AM

It doesn't make any difference who is brought in if the o-line doesn't get MUCH better quickly.  Without a running game and with no pocket to pass from no one can be sucessful with this unit up front.

#43 : November 14, 2006, 09:15:19 AM

It doesn't make any difference who is brought in if the o-line doesn't get MUCH better quickly.  Without a running game and with no pocket to pass from no one can be sucessful with this unit up front.

I agree, but last night the onus was on Gradkowski and the receivers.  The plays were there, Gradkowski just needs to grow into them.  And lets face it, our receivers need to make some plays.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Quarterbacks to Bring in Next Year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools