Boards > The Red Board

Simms to Redskins next year?

(1/2) > >>

gone:
THinking about this a lot.  With Brunnell aging, and a weak QB stable, I can see Washingtom making a Big play for him.  Gibbs is pretty familiar with seeing Simms Sr., Their offense is well suited to Simms abilities, and they are used to a left-handed QB.  I see OAK looking for something more proven.
I think this is the best scenario for the skins and for Chris.

If he's back here next year, and I'm assuming we won't offer a lot, does that tell us that other coaches see fatal flaws?

donny77:
I'm thinking Dallas.  Parcells watched Chris grow up.  He's got the additude Parcells wants in a player.  Bledsoe is aging fast, Romo looked good in preseason, but that is preseason.

Simms will be tendered a modest offer from the Bucs, either 1 year or easy to get out of.  The Bucs will not try and keep Simms by getting into a biddong war.  When Dallas comes calling, you think Phil won't be all over recommending his son take the higher paying offer to go play under his old coach in a system better suited to his play?

gharen:
Washington would be a good fit if they hadn't just drafted Jason Campbell in the first round last year. Reports say that Washington is very happy with his progress and expect him to start next year.

gone:

--- Quote from: gharen on October 07, 2006, 09:21:48 PM ---Washington would be a good fit if they hadn't just drafted Jason Campbell in the first round last year. Reports say that Washington is very happy with his progress and expect him to start next year.

--- End quote ---
I hadn't really heard anything about the guy.  Figured him for a number 2 there actually, based on lack of noise, guess I missed it.

BucfaninDC:

--- Quote from: donny77 on October 07, 2006, 08:59:59 PM ---I'm thinking Dallas.  Parcells watched Chris grow up.  He's got the additude Parcells wants in a player.  Bledsoe is aging fast, Romo looked good in preseason, but that is preseason.

Simms will be tendered a modest offer from the Bucs, either 1 year or easy to get out of.  The Bucs will not try and keep Simms by getting into a biddong war.  When Dallas comes calling, you think Phil won't be all over recommending his son take the higher paying offer to go play under his old coach in a system better suited to his play?

--- End quote ---

Tony Romo is the future in Dallas.  We'll probably even see him at some point this year.  Simms will either be a Raider or a Chief.   Simms is better than anything Oakland has right now, and I see Trent Green retiring after this year, especially after the concussion.   Other than those two teams, I don't see anyone else having urgent needs at QB.  Campbell is the future here in DC.  Fans and the press already love him, and they expect him to be the starter next year.

BucFan9720:

--- Quote from: BucfaninDC on October 07, 2006, 10:43:10 PM ---Tony Romo is the future in Dallas.  We'll probably even see him at some point this year.  Simms will either be a Raider or a Chief.   Simms is better than anything Oakland has right now, and I see Trent Green retiring after this year, especially after the concussion.   Other than those two teams, I don't see anyone else having urgent needs at QB.  Campbell is the future here in DC.  Fans and the press already love him, and they expect him to be the starter next year.

--- End quote ---

Simms will not be a Raider, and the Cheifs are preparing Brodie Croyle as the future stater.

karen anderson:
Can somebody explain to me why a head coach with a superbowl ring cannot tweak his offense to make the best use of his talented QB? Do you people really want to see another QB leave here & get a superbowl ring some place else? [banghead] [banghead]

mjs020294:
The chances are Simms will not find a starters spot next year in FA.  Dallas are happy with Romo, The Skins have Campell and the Raiders have Brooks.  Where ever Simms ends up next season he will be fighting for the starters job.

karen anderson:
No explanation for the head coach? Simms will win a superbowl--I just want it to be in pewter!

bradentonian:

--- Quote from: mjs on October 08, 2006, 12:29:53 AM ---The chances are Simms will not find a starters spot next year in FA. Dallas are happy with Romo, The Skins have Campell and the Raiders have Brooks. Where ever Simms ends up next season he will be fighting for the starters job.

--- End quote ---

I agree, I think it is unrealistic to think he will be handed the starting job anywhere.  However, if he is careful about choosing his team he should have an opportunity to win the start in camp.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version