Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms to Redskins next year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

gone

Hall of Famer
: October 07, 2006, 08:54:26 PM

THinking about this a lot.  With Brunnell aging, and a weak QB stable, I can see Washingtom making a Big play for him.  Gibbs is pretty familiar with seeing Simms Sr., Their offense is well suited to Simms abilities, and they are used to a left-handed QB.  I see OAK looking for something more proven.
I think this is the best scenario for the skins and for Chris.

If he's back here next year, and I'm assuming we won't offer a lot, does that tell us that other coaches see fatal flaws?

donny77

Starter

#1 : October 07, 2006, 08:59:59 PM

I'm thinking Dallas.  Parcells watched Chris grow up.  He's got the additude Parcells wants in a player.  Bledsoe is aging fast, Romo looked good in preseason, but that is preseason.

Simms will be tendered a modest offer from the Bucs, either 1 year or easy to get out of.  The Bucs will not try and keep Simms by getting into a biddong war.  When Dallas comes calling, you think Phil won't be all over recommending his son take the higher paying offer to go play under his old coach in a system better suited to his play?

gharen

Pro Bowler

#2 : October 07, 2006, 09:21:48 PM

Washington would be a good fit if they hadn't just drafted Jason Campbell in the first round last year. Reports say that Washington is very happy with his progress and expect him to start next year.

gone

Hall of Famer
#3 : October 07, 2006, 09:45:06 PM

Washington would be a good fit if they hadn't just drafted Jason Campbell in the first round last year. Reports say that Washington is very happy with his progress and expect him to start next year.
I hadn't really heard anything about the guy.  Figured him for a number 2 there actually, based on lack of noise, guess I missed it.

BucfaninDC

Starter

#4 : October 07, 2006, 10:43:10 PM

I'm thinking Dallas.  Parcells watched Chris grow up.  He's got the additude Parcells wants in a player.  Bledsoe is aging fast, Romo looked good in preseason, but that is preseason.

Simms will be tendered a modest offer from the Bucs, either 1 year or easy to get out of.  The Bucs will not try and keep Simms by getting into a biddong war.  When Dallas comes calling, you think Phil won't be all over recommending his son take the higher paying offer to go play under his old coach in a system better suited to his play?

Tony Romo is the future in Dallas.  We'll probably even see him at some point this year.  Simms will either be a Raider or a Chief.   Simms is better than anything Oakland has right now, and I see Trent Green retiring after this year, especially after the concussion.   Other than those two teams, I don't see anyone else having urgent needs at QB.  Campbell is the future here in DC.  Fans and the press already love him, and they expect him to be the starter next year.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#5 : October 08, 2006, 12:08:21 AM

Tony Romo is the future in Dallas.  We'll probably even see him at some point this year.  Simms will either be a Raider or a Chief.   Simms is better than anything Oakland has right now, and I see Trent Green retiring after this year, especially after the concussion.   Other than those two teams, I don't see anyone else having urgent needs at QB.  Campbell is the future here in DC.  Fans and the press already love him, and they expect him to be the starter next year.

Simms will not be a Raider, and the Cheifs are preparing Brodie Croyle as the future stater.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#6 : October 08, 2006, 12:27:16 AM

Can somebody explain to me why a head coach with a superbowl ring cannot tweak his offense to make the best use of his talented QB? Do you people really want to see another QB leave here & get a superbowl ring some place else? [banghead] [banghead]

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 08, 2006, 12:29:53 AM

The chances are Simms will not find a starters spot next year in FA.  Dallas are happy with Romo, The Skins have Campell and the Raiders have Brooks.  Where ever Simms ends up next season he will be fighting for the starters job.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#8 : October 08, 2006, 12:34:03 AM

No explanation for the head coach? Simms will win a superbowl--I just want it to be in pewter!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 08, 2006, 12:42:27 AM

The chances are Simms will not find a starters spot next year in FA. Dallas are happy with Romo, The Skins have Campell and the Raiders have Brooks. Where ever Simms ends up next season he will be fighting for the starters job.

I agree, I think it is unrealistic to think he will be handed the starting job anywhere.  However, if he is careful about choosing his team he should have an opportunity to win the start in camp.

OldBloodandBucs

Starter

#10 : October 08, 2006, 01:42:03 AM

I am not saying anything bad about the guy, but he needs a little more time just playing the game. I don't think he will make it as a starter right away either.

Orangegone1

Starter

#11 : October 08, 2006, 12:43:36 PM

I would love to see Simms in the shotgut, with a good OL(hopefully ours) and see what he can do. I also would love to see a breakdown to the Redskins salary cap situation. It seems like it will catch up with them someday.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 08, 2006, 12:46:07 PM

I'm thinking Dallas.

Parcells has no interest in Simms, at least as starting material.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 08, 2006, 12:50:37 PM

Parcells has no interest in Simms, at least as starting material.

If Simms isn't a starter he is 3rd string IMO.  He is a really slow starter in games and at the start of a season, which makes him a bad fit being back-up on gamedays. 

calehawkins

Second String

#14 : October 08, 2006, 12:53:22 PM

THinking about this a lot. With Brunnell aging, and a weak QB stable, I can see Washingtom making a Big play for him. Gibbs is pretty familiar with seeing Simms Sr., Their offense is well suited to Simms abilities, and they are used to a left-handed QB. I see OAK looking for something more proven.
I think this is the best scenario for the skins and for Chris.

If he's back here next year, and I'm assuming we won't offer a lot, does that tell us that other coaches see fatal flaws?

That's assuming Bruce Gradkowski is effective, right?

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms to Redskins next year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools