Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What to makle of this picture? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 24, 2007, 07:11:17 AM

Clayton and Cadillac need to watch other players playing in their place to get the hunger back and a sense of urgency sitting them a lot in the next few games may wake them up...right now Gruden is solid in the locker room...best thing they ever did was get rid of Rice...do you think anybody on the team would fault Gruden getting in his face and later benching Cadillac...this team is made up of 'team' players...all the young draft picks and Peitigout,Garcia Carter,Chuckwura,and June were brought in ....all have great backgrounds ....to blend in with holdovers Hilliard ,Galloway,Barber and Brooks...the one cancer they had ..Rice is gone and winning is what makes 'CHEMISTRY' LOSING TEAMS DON'T EVEN MENTION THE WORD....but you put yourself in good position by selecting the right players.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 24, 2007, 07:24:21 AM

Maybe if Clayton would take those stupid "armband thingys" off, the sensation would return to his lower arms and he could actually FEEL the ball hitting his hands?????

Michael..."Circulation calling"..."i miss you"

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 24, 2007, 07:44:03 AM

wow... anyone reading an argument into that apparently didnt actually WATCH the game.

Gruden was ripping Clayton a new ass about his sorry play and  when Clayton and Gruden started walking different directions Clayton was apologetic and (from what I would gather) tellin Gruden he can do it.

Apparently ya missed Clayton slappin Gruden on the ass when he walked away.

That's cool though, stir up somethin that isn't there. That's typically left for the unintelligent local sports writers... but if you wanna beat em to the punch, have at it Forrest.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 24, 2007, 08:07:41 AM

No Krazy. It shows how this team doesn't respect the coach. ;-)

Yes, watching in regular speed it looked like nothing to me.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 24, 2007, 08:19:23 AM

blocking receiverbacker

receivertackle.

he acts like it was a bag of flaming poop being thrown at him

LMAO!!  Funniest things I've read in quite some time

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 24, 2007, 08:28:31 AM

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 24, 2007, 08:34:30 AM

This is an unbelievable picture. What can be said about this picture. Can you imagine a player doing that to Ditka, Reid, Cowher, Del Rio, Denny Green, Holmgren...what can be read into this picture? Even a guy like Dungy who you know isn't going to rip anyone's head off I can't imagine that being done. Did Clayton step over the line, or does Gruden accept this stuff? Gruden being the emotional guy he is, maybe understands and accepts this kind of behavior, knowing the players feel the same emotion? Or is this flat out disrespect? I'd like to see a time line of photos. I saw the confrontation on the side line, but the TV panned over once the argument started. I wonder if the argument was started because of this, or if this during it. I don't remember seeing Mike grab Jon during their sideline argument on TV.

You're taking the picture out of context, if you watched it on TV this thread questioning the HC wouldn't be happening. Boid is right, Clayton was pleading his case, the kid wasn't mouthing off to Gruden. JG blasted him coming off the sidelines, which needed to happen, and Clayton was just keeping him from walking away saying "I'll get it next time" kind of thing.

The only story here is the fact that Clayton is continuing to prove that he's a bust.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 24, 2007, 08:35:35 AM

I totally agree. No player should ever be allowed to lay a hand on any of the coaches like that.

If you watched this happen on TV you wouldn't think that much of it, seriously, the picture takes it crazy out of context.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler

#38 : September 24, 2007, 08:38:38 AM

blocking receiverbacker

yes this position exists, it is called "Gunner"

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 24, 2007, 08:47:05 AM

He was holding Gruden's shirt in an last-ditch attempt to hold onto his job. Trouble is, no one is waiting to take it. Stovall isn't stepping up and that's not Ike's gig. He's a third-down guy. I agree there's never any reason to grab a coach's shirt unless he's about to get run over or run on the field to yell at a ref.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 24, 2007, 08:47:40 AM

blocking receiverbacker

yes this position exists, it is called "Gunner"

I wonder how many 15th picks in the draft were used for gunners?    I thought they were all undrafted free agents.

Pulling Guard

Second String

#41 : September 24, 2007, 09:11:36 AM

According to Gruden and Clayton, Gruden told him to get his head in the game. Something like that, I'm sure with a few profanities mixed in. If you watched it, Clayton also slapped Gruden on the @ss twice.

Not sure what to make of it, but it didn't seem to bother anybody after the game.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 24, 2007, 09:13:46 AM

Nothing.  Brickhandski got back in the game after that.  Still he's about the a first round special teams guy. 

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 24, 2007, 09:13:58 AM

According to Gruden and Clayton, Gruden told him to get his head in the game. Something like that, I'm sure with a few profanities mixed in. If you watched it, Clayton also slapped Gruden on the @ss twice.

Not sure what to make of it, but it didn't seem to bother anybody after the game.

It's not a big deal, at all.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#44 : September 24, 2007, 09:22:14 AM

This is an unbelievable picture. What can be said about this picture. Can you imagine a player doing that to Ditka, Reid, Cowher, Del Rio, Denny Green, Holmgren...what can be read into this picture? Even a guy like Dungy who you know isn't going to rip anyone's head off I can't imagine that being done. Did Clayton step over the line, or does Gruden accept this stuff? Gruden being the emotional guy he is, maybe understands and accepts this kind of behavior, knowing the players feel the same emotion? Or is this flat out disrespect? I'd like to see a time line of photos. I saw the confrontation on the side line, but the TV panned over once the argument started. I wonder if the argument was started because of this, or if this during it. I don't remember seeing Mike grab Jon during their sideline argument on TV.

You're taking the picture out of context, if you watched it on TV this thread questioning the HC wouldn't be happening. Boid is right, Clayton was pleading his case, the kid wasn't mouthing off to Gruden. JG blasted him coming off the sidelines, which needed to happen, and Clayton was just keeping him from walking away saying "I'll get it next time" kind of thing.

The only story here is the fact that Clayton is continuing to prove that he's a bust.
I did watch the game. But through experiences in real life I know that grabbing a fistful of another person's shirt is an act of aggression. I've seen many sideline tantrums from players who are major a$sholes, and they didn't grab their coach's shirt. Keyshawn got in Gruden's face, but never grab a fist full of shirt.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What to makle of this picture? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools