Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gambling Tips « previous next »
Page: 1

: September 24, 2007, 02:00:47 AM

Any tips for a beginner such as myself for NFL/college football? I am very cautious when it comes to betting football, and have only bet a handful of games the past 4 years but Im getting more interested in it. I feel like whenever I think I understand why a line is where it is at, and how the outcome of a game should be, I lose more often than not. Let;s just assume Im more knowledgable than most when it comes to football, why would I suck at gambling on it? Is there money to be made betting on sports? I am trying to learn how to read the spread but I dont know many of the standard rules. Or the basic terms for that matter.

#1 : September 24, 2007, 10:57:23 AM

I feel like whenever I think I understand why a line is where it is at, and how the outcome of a game should be, I lose more often than not.

My advice is to bet more often, that way you can lose all of your money a lot faster.

#2 : September 24, 2007, 11:13:55 PM

BUMP

Anyone with a brain, anyone. A sense of humor will do too

ANGRY PIRATE

Starter

#3 : September 25, 2007, 11:34:36 AM

stick with the moneyline

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 25, 2007, 11:38:04 AM

theres certain trends you need to watch for.  Not to toot my own horn, but Ive had alot of success betting games, i actually make a syndicated pick amongst friends every week, and this year im 4-0-1 so again I am doing well.  Ronde, im not much of a teacher, but if you email me at m_caruso40x@sbcglobal.net ill give you my picks for this week with a brief explanation of why i like each game(s), and youcan review the picks after this week.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

NativeOfTheBay

Second String

#5 : September 25, 2007, 11:44:17 AM

Flame if you will, but i have picked the winning Superbowl team since Cincy v SF. Sadly, i never bet on one of them.

#6 : September 25, 2007, 11:44:07 PM

I'm in a pool with 50 guys.... we all put in 250 matchsticks each and start off with 20000 pts. We use officefootballpool.com where we bet on nfl games starting opening day thru superbowl. There are no parlays... just straight bets on a side or the o/u. Max bet is 750 pts and we must bet at least 1500 per week. Weekly payout is 50 matchsticks for whoever makes the most points weekly  and at season's end the top three finishers split 65, 25, 10%. A buddy of mine was in it last year and he got me in this year. Its fun as hell.

Thru week 3, I'm in first place with 34,500 pts. Its been a pretty good 3 weeks.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gambling Tips « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools