Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The "negative" local media « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

BucHawk

Second String

#75 : September 25, 2007, 11:17:31 AM

I'm so sick of the Dungy thing.   Look, I like the man and think he's a good coach, but he's not the second coming of Bill Walsh and Vince Lombardi.  The guy inherited a team that had two first ballott Hall of Famer's plus another who is near HOF material.  All three of them were rookies or 1st year players when Dungy was hired.  So Dungy had these guys throughout their prime.  Any head coach would win a lot of regular season games with a building block like that.  Now's he's coaching a team with arguably the best QB in the history of the game in his prime.  Any head coach is gonna win a lot of games.  Give Dungy credit on winning the Superbowl last year.  But then again, he sort of squandered a lot of chances with the Bucs.

T

Hall of Famer

#76 : September 25, 2007, 11:21:22 AM

Ira Kaufman has the Bucs ranked number 8 in his latest Power Rankings, if that means anything. I just don't like the blatant bias and constant negativity, it's uncalled for.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#77 : September 25, 2007, 11:23:10 AM

31-9. They laughed at us. They said we couldn't win in the cold. You're a clown if you forget it, clown if you downplay it. Well said, BH. Dungy had more talent from 1997-2001 than any other Bucs coach in franchise history. Give him credit for development, zero for taking advantage of it.

In Verner We Trust

superbuc

Practice Squad
#78 : September 25, 2007, 12:01:17 PM

Ira Kaufman has the Bucs ranked number 8 in his latest Power Rankings, if that means anything. I just don't like the blatant bias and constant negativity, it's uncalled for.

First off, you're avatar is disturbing...

I cannot believe Ira has the Bucs ranked that high.  I just looked at the whole list and actually agree with him.  Maybe the Tampa media is like Eagles fans.  They hate you when you lose and love you when you win!

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#79 : September 25, 2007, 12:18:43 PM

I'm so sick of the Dungy thing. Look, I like the man and think he's a good coach, but he's not the second coming of Bill Walsh and Vince Lombardi. The guy inherited a team that had two first ballott Hall of Famer's plus another who is near HOF material.

True. The Colts have/had two first balloters and one who's near HOF material. Wait a second....

All three of them were rookies or 1st year players when Dungy was hired. So Dungy had these guys throughout their prime. Any head coach would win a lot of regular season games with a building block like that. Now's he's coaching a team with arguably the best QB in the history of the game in his prime. Any head coach is gonna win a lot of games. Give Dungy credit on winning the Superbowl last year. But then again, he sort of squandered a lot of chances with the Bucs.

...you mean you meant the Bucs? Let's see...that would mean Dungy has walked into situations in which he was handed at least 4 HOFers?

Dungy is a good coach but the opportunity to win more often in Tampa was there and he didn't do it at all and a pretty good argument can be made that his team in Indy has had the most talent in the AFC over the past 5 years and he's "only" gotten there once.

Good coach? Yes. No more than that.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#80 : September 25, 2007, 12:21:53 PM

It's commonly referred to as front running.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#81 : September 25, 2007, 12:30:39 PM

Don't read the papers, don't listed to 620, watch the game intently, enjoy and form your own opinion. Nothing else counts.

great post. We cant control what the media says or what the bucs do on the football field. Enjoy it or stress over something you cant control. its that simple.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#82 : September 26, 2007, 07:50:11 PM

The problem with the local media is they are of the belief that fan favorites and media choices should always start for the Bucs.  Gruden is about Competition and this absolutely infuriates them.  It is a common fan malady.  Mckay and Dungy never showed anger about not winning.  Gruden does!  The local media doesn't understand really competitive people.

I admit I liked both McKay and Dungy and slurped on the pablum like everyone else.   Gruden has been completely different and have to admit I really like the guy and the "FIRE" he brings.  I just don't get the animosity that is so apparent today with the local media.  They are totally unprofessional.  To be so openly angry and filled with such sarcasm and spite when the Bucs do well is sickening.

I can guarantee one thing with absolute certainty.  When the Bucs lose their next game the media will be on it worse than a school of Great White Sharks on a freshly killed seal.   Just watch for it because the media is beside themselves because of the current success the Bucs are having.  Expect continual smarmy  sarcasm with every win...
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The "negative" local media « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools