Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How about Jason Taylor??? as our new DE « previous next »
Page: 1 2

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #15 : November 12, 2006, 03:14:02 PM »

Trade for a player with that sort of contract  ???  Why not just extend Rice.

[banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

Lets trade for Brackins!

It is unlikely Burger King would release him.   :P

alldaway

Hall of Famer

« #16 : November 12, 2006, 03:20:51 PM »

Trade for a player with that sort of contract  ???  Why not just extend Rice.

[banghead] [banghead] [banghead]

Lets trade for Brackins!

It is unlikely Burger King would release him.   :P

What are you talking about?  Brackins is entering the draft again.  He is that good.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
« #17 : November 12, 2006, 06:34:13 PM »

he's not any better than simeon...at this stage in his career, i think rice would be a beast as an OLB in a 3-4, just like taylor is...i think if taylor were lining up as a traditional DE, he'd be the invisible man, just like rice.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #18 : November 13, 2006, 12:05:58 PM »

Lets shy away from 30 plus something FA, esp on defense when we have4-5 or 6 starters. We need some youth pure and simp.

Baghead #2

Pick6

Hall of Famer
« #19 : November 13, 2006, 03:19:45 PM »

he's not any better than simeon...at this stage in his career, i think rice would be a beast as an OLB in a 3-4, just like taylor is...i think if taylor were lining up as a traditional DE, he'd be the invisible man, just like rice.

You mustve never seen a dolphin football game.

Oh and Jason Taylor is playing the traditional DE position but they just like to move him around because hes that versatile.

I really cant name more than 1-2 people from the DE position that I would have over Taylor and Rice sure as hell isnt one of them.

most of the "ESPN" plays i've seen this year have happened when he's been dropped into coverage or playing the rush LB spot....i honestly think simeon is athletic and aware enough to be that kind of player, and because he's apparently lost the will to rush to the inside of the tackle and is being handled when lining up inches from even average OTs, it might actually suit him better.

he's never going to get an opportunity to do what taylor's doing in this defense, just like taylor wasn't given this showcase in the 4-3 under wannstedt....IMO, if the 2 guys switched places, i think taylor might be a slightly better straight-up DE than sim in tampa, while sim would be just as good a wildcard player in miami as jason taylor is.

i really wouldn't be surprised to see him angle for a taylormerrimanware role next time it's up to him, because i can see that role extending his career by 3 or 4 seasons, and allowing him to rack up the sacks far more easily than he's been able to this year.
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How about Jason Taylor??? as our new DE « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools