Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schedule tougher than originally thought « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

superbuc

Practice Squad
: September 25, 2007, 12:14:32 AM

Just took a look at the schedule again after realizing the Bucs have to play Tenn., too.  Uggh, it looks tougher now than I originally thought (copied from espn.com printable schedules):

1 Sun, Sep 9 at Seattle 4:15 PM
2 Sun, Sep 16 New Orleans 1:00 PM
3 Sun, Sep 23 St. Louis 1:00 PM
4 Sun, Sep 30 at Carolina 4:05 PM
5 Sun, Oct 7 at Indianapolis 4:05 PM
6 Sun, Oct 14 Tennessee 1:00 PM
7 Sun, Oct 21 at Detroit 1:00 PM
8 Sun, Oct 28 Jacksonville 4:05 PM
9 Sun, Nov 4 Arizona 1:00 PM
11 Sun, Nov 18 at Atlanta 1:00 PM
12 Sun, Nov 25 Washington 1:00 PM
13 Sun, Dec 2 at New Orleans 1:00 PM
14 Sun, Dec 9 at Houston 1:00 PM
15 Sun, Dec 16 Atlanta 1:00 PM
16 Sun, Dec 23 at San Francisco 8:15 PM
17 Sun, Dec 30 Carolina 1:00 PM

I'm not "banking" on ATL, NO, or especially CAR.  Then look.....Tenn., Wash., SF, Ariz., Jacks., and Houston can easily beat the Bucs. 

Of course the Colts are on there in 2 weeks.

Just goes to show, you can't look at last year, teams have to limit the mistakes/win the turnover battle, stay healthy, and have some luck to make the playoffs (among the other obvious things).

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 25, 2007, 12:15:56 AM

Week to week.

WE have been blessed with watching good games for two thirds of the season.

I would like to keep the ratio intact, if you knowwhatImeanVern.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#2 : September 25, 2007, 12:22:08 AM

Week to week.

WE have been blessed with watching good games for two thirds of the season.

I would like to keep the ratio intact, if you knowwhatImeanVern.

GothcaVern. 

Just goes to show how much the "experts" know...(then they like to trot out stats like 0-3 teams make the playoffs .000002% of the time!)

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 25, 2007, 12:24:13 AM

We picked the wrong year to get the AFC South...

superbuc

Practice Squad
#4 : September 25, 2007, 12:26:12 AM

We picked the wrong year to get the AFC South...

Right.  I guess the good news is, you can win the division with 8-8 and make it to the playoffs!

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#5 : September 25, 2007, 12:31:26 AM

reverse the idea a bit .. in august every team had the bucs marked as a W. not so sure anymore are they ..

houston, tampa, detroit were all W's that are now iffy

saints, SD, Cinci were all L's that are now iffy.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 25, 2007, 12:32:16 AM

Uggh, it looks tougher now than I originally thought

You are joking right  ???  We have just beaten two of the NFC preseason favorites, and they have a combined record of 0-6.  The Titans are playing well but we should beat them at Ray-j, scrambling QBs usually struggle against Monty's D.

#7 : September 25, 2007, 12:37:46 AM

if we win this Sunday + 2 wins against the Falcs that's 5 wins I'm throwing arizona. titans and washington as wins as well = 8 wins. I'm hoping we beat the Colts and Jags for a sweet 10-6 record

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#8 : September 25, 2007, 12:41:20 AM

if we win this Sunday + 2 wins against the Falcs that's 5 wins I'm throwing arizona. titans and washington as wins as well = 8 wins. I'm hoping we beat the Colts and Jags for a sweet 10-6 record

so you have us losing to SEA, CAR, NO, DET, HOU, and SF

interesting choices -- most of them are away .. seems reasonable. i think indy is a stretch as is jax .. SF i think we should have them and DET is a hit or miss squad. just depends which team shows up.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#9 : September 25, 2007, 12:42:54 AM

Uggh, it looks tougher now than I originally thought

You are joking right  ???  We have just beaten two of the NFC preseason favorites, and they have a combined record of 0-6.  The Titans are playing well but we should beat them at Ray-j, scrambling QBs usually struggle against Monty's D.

I'm not switching like some on this board have, I still think 9-7 maybe 10-6.  However, Vince Young is not Vick (he goes through progressions), Jax is playing well, Wash. blitzes like a mutha, we go to Indy, and are away for Houston and SF.

To look at the good, our division is weaker and Ariz., Jax, and Wash. have to come here.  

#10 : September 25, 2007, 12:56:05 AM

so you have us losing to SEA, CAR, NO, DET, HOU, and SF

interesting choices -- most of them are away .. seems reasonable. i think indy is a stretch as is jax .. SF i think we should have them and DET is a hit or miss squad. just depends which team shows up.

well I always thought we'd split with Car|NO and I just think Marinelli will have a great game plan against us. We seem to struggle at SF and HOU, we'll see.

Moosedrool

Starter

#11 : September 25, 2007, 12:56:33 AM

Just took a look at the schedule again after realizing the Bucs have to play Tenn., too.  Uggh, it looks tougher now than I originally thought (copied from espn.com printable schedules):

I'm not "banking" on ATL, NO, or especially CAR.  Then look.....Tenn., Wash., SF, Ariz., Jacks., and Houston can easily beat the Bucs.  

The teams can EASILY beat the Bucs? Did I miss something the last three weeks?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 25, 2007, 12:58:04 AM

Good thing we only have to win our division to make the playoffs. Carolina is our only competition and they really don't impress me. They got crushed by Houston, and should have lost to Atlanta if not for Hall's melt down. And Delhomme, as always, has a few TD's this year that are just pure luck more than anything, so it's not like his good start is really that good. Harrington of all people shredded their defense, and from what I gather after reading their message board their pass rush has been pretty pathetic as well. Their RB's scare noone, and if you take away Smith their WR's are even worse than ours. Basically I'm saying we should win hands down this weekend and get a good jump at a playoff spot right off the bat.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#13 : September 25, 2007, 01:01:21 AM

Just took a look at the schedule again after realizing the Bucs have to play Tenn., too.  Uggh, it looks tougher now than I originally thought (copied from espn.com printable schedules):

I'm not "banking" on ATL, NO, or especially CAR.  Then look.....Tenn., Wash., SF, Ariz., Jacks., and Houston can easily beat the Bucs.  

The teams can EASILY beat the Bucs? Did I miss something the last three weeks?

The Bucs are good (not great - yet).  Those teams are good (not great).  

Good teams have to play mistake-free to beat other good teams.

(night all!)

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 25, 2007, 01:09:28 AM

Looking at that schedule, 15-1 is not out of the question for the Bucs this year.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schedule tougher than originally thought « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools