Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schedule tougher than originally thought « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 25, 2007, 07:02:16 AM

Of the games I counted as wins before the season, Washington and Tennessee look the toughest.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 25, 2007, 07:42:26 PM

No one can really predict the outcome of a game based on the games around it. It depends on which team shows up to play on that particular day. I think some of the other teams that the Bucs have on their schedule later this year are showing very solid football right now. That doesn't mean they will show up like that against the Bucs. The same can be said about the Bucs too. They could easily come out flat against those teams. It all depends on which team shows up. Nothing is a given win or loss in this league.

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#17 : September 25, 2007, 09:36:32 AM

All the Bucs eed to do is defend there house and pick up 1 or 2 road victories.  9-7 or 10-6.  Atl could be one andNO coul be another.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 25, 2007, 09:36:48 AM

Looking at that schedule, 15-1 is not out of the question for the Bucs this year.

That was some party u went to last night Java :)

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 25, 2007, 09:39:48 AM

Looking at that schedule, 15-1 is not out of the question for the Bucs this year.

That was some party u went to last night Java :)

Java's life is a party.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 25, 2007, 09:58:01 AM

With losses at Indy, against Jacksonville, and at San Francisco, the Bucs finish 12-4. Dallas squeaks by the Bucs to lose to the Patriots in the SB.

No party here. Just a few projections of what MIGHT happen considering the current state of the NFC.
JSYK, Terrell Davis has the Bucs ranked fifth in the NFL behind the Pats, Colts, Cowboys, and Steelers.
Right now I agree with him.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#21 : September 25, 2007, 09:59:18 AM

The Bucs could go 12-4 but more realistically 8-8. No penalties or injuries would really help. Joey, Garcia, Luke, Caddy and Ruud would leave a big hole because of lack of depth if they were injured.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 25, 2007, 10:03:49 AM

I see Carolina this week.....nothing past that because in the NFL, you can't look past 7 days or you'll get sloppy.

Bucs 28 Carolina 13

Bucs dominate defensively again, Jeff Garcia throws 3 TD's and Caddy has 24 carries for 76 yds and 1 TD.

Galloway is the player of the game with 8 catches for 146 yds and 2TD's. GO BUCS!

On to Indianapolis.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

superbuc

Practice Squad
#23 : September 25, 2007, 10:13:27 AM

The Bucs could go 12-4 but more realistically 8-8. No penalties or injuries would really help. Joey, Garcia, Luke, Caddy and Ruud would leave a big hole because of lack of depth if they were injured.

True.  And, that was my point.  Even though our division is much weaker than we thought, other teams are tougher.  The good news is, with health, the Bucs very well could go 12-4.  The bad news is, with injuries, the Bucs could go 4-12!  I think we're on the right track to being a great team in a year or 2 to make a run again.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 25, 2007, 10:32:09 AM

Bucs D bests Carolina   W
Bucs D contains Vince and O puts extra points on  W
Indy beats Bucs barely  L
Bucs beat the rest through week 8

6-2 for first half of season.

orlandobuc

Starter

#25 : September 25, 2007, 10:38:23 AM

its till too early to tell who really are good teams. Colts, NE, Dallas are. The rest like Skins are  unknown. If skins blitz they could get burned by a guy like Garcia.

In the beginning of the year, that first 6 games people were saying we might not win 1. This isnt a championship team. If we could go 4-2 in that 6, it would be great. if we go 6-4 the other 10, that would give us a 10-6 record and anyone here should be ecstatic with that.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 25, 2007, 11:36:54 AM

I would take it week by week.  Some teams could falter and lose like 6 in a row.  The Texans are looking tough, but who knows how they will be by the time we play them?

I would look at the next 3 weeks...

@Carolina, @INDY, Tennesee.  Those look to be 3 tough games.  However, for our next game Delhomme is banged up.  If Carr starts, I believe that gives us an advantage.  The Colts are a good team, but we beat a similar opponent in the Saints ALMOST as bad as them, along with the Texans and Titans hanging close with them.  No reason, we can't give them their first L of the season.  It will be hard, probably are hardest game of the year, but its winable.  As for Tennesee, I think we are good shutting down mobile QBs, but they are certainly a team that u can't chalk up a W too without effort.

The Next 3 weeks will be a telling sign.  If we win 2/3, then you are going to see our Bucs in the playoffs this year(unless JG goes down).  If you see us at 2-4, then we have some work to do, but with the division being weak this year, your not going to be out of it.

gone

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 25, 2007, 12:45:12 PM

Providing we stay healthy we should be a much better team in Nov & Dec.  There's a lot of learning and gelling going on here.  A lot of teams are going to be roughly the same talent as they are now, others have changes that will make them better or worse, but will take time to integrate.  We have a huge amount of changes to absorb, but when we do we will be fielding a much better product than we've seen so far.

OTOH, people need to stop thinking we're suddenly a stud again.  The teams we beat have yet to record a single win.  We're winning while we're learning, and that;s what we need to do, but we are not a "very good" team yet.  We're just better than a couple of teams that are currently bottomfeeding...

#28 : September 25, 2007, 12:54:36 PM

i smell "CHAMPIONSHIP"...

superbuc

Practice Squad
#29 : September 25, 2007, 01:13:51 PM

Providing we stay healthy we should be a much better team in Nov & Dec. There's a lot of learning and gelling going on here. A lot of teams are going to be roughly the same talent as they are now, others have changes that will make them better or worse, but will take time to integrate. We have a huge amount of changes to absorb, but when we do we will be fielding a much better product than we've seen so far.

OTOH, people need to stop thinking we're suddenly a stud again. The teams we beat have yet to record a single win. We're winning while we're learning, and that;s what we need to do, but we are not a "very good" team yet. We're just better than a couple of teams that are currently bottomfeeding...

nice post...amen.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schedule tougher than originally thought « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools