Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schedule tougher than originally thought « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 25, 2007, 01:24:54 PM

Week to week, week to week.

To be honest with you, in watching Tennessee last night, I was thinking that the Bucs defense will take control of that game. If they can hold Tennessee off the board early and put up a couple of scores first, I think the Bucs D handles the no-name receiving corps and then confuses Vince Young with some different looks.

For some reason, the Titans don't scare me all that much.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 25, 2007, 01:28:45 PM

For some reason, the Titans don't scare me all that much.

Me either, the Bucs have the speed and scheme to confuse the hell out of Young. Their defense is pretty damn solid though, looked very physical last night.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 25, 2007, 01:32:22 PM

Me either, the Bucs have the speed and scheme to confuse the hell out of Young. Their defense is pretty damn solid though, looked very physical last night.

And I think Garcia handles them, provided we can keep the DL off him.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 25, 2007, 02:26:44 PM

Providing we stay healthy we should be a much better team in Nov & Dec. There's a lot of learning and gelling going on here. A lot of teams are going to be roughly the same talent as they are now, others have changes that will make them better or worse, but will take time to integrate. We have a huge amount of changes to absorb, but when we do we will be fielding a much better product than we've seen so far.

OTOH, people need to stop thinking we're suddenly a stud again. The teams we beat have yet to record a single win. We're winning while we're learning, and that;s what we need to do, but we are not a "very good" team yet. We're just better than a couple of teams that are currently bottomfeeding...

Hey - HEY - what are you up to - trying to stop the unbridled overstatement of the status of this team.  Knock off the rationale thought or get back to the Insider Board LMAO. 

I was waiting for the 17-1 post before saying anything.  LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#34 : September 25, 2007, 04:54:00 PM

If our team stays healthy we "can" beat every one of those teams i think.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 25, 2007, 08:25:27 PM

True but New Orleans is 0-3 and in a meltdown. The Falcons are 0-3 and picking fights in the locker room. And the Panthers have a hurt starting QB and some questions on defense. I mean right now we are the only team in the NFC South that looks half-way decent. A win next week puts us at 2-0 in the division.

Remember that the Saints, Falcons, and Panthers also have to play the AFC South. Other than 2 games, every team in the NFC South plays the same schedule. The only two games we differ with the rest of the division is Washington and Detroit.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 25, 2007, 09:22:57 PM

Sure some of those games are starting to look more challenging that we thought were going to be easy but we didnt Think the Saints and Falcons would be as terrible as they are.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 25, 2007, 09:27:25 PM

We will SWEEP the Falcons and beat the Panthers at least once. We will go 2-2 vs AFC South oppoenents and 2-2 vs NFC West opp.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#38 : September 25, 2007, 09:57:25 PM

We will SWEEP the Falcons and beat the Panthers at least once. We will go 2-2 vs AFC South oppoenents and 2-2 vs NFC West opp.

O-kaaaay...so, let's see.  By my count that's 9 wins.  You didn't mention the second Saints game. 

You're projecting 9-7 or 10-6 which I think 10-6 will happen if we stay healthy and win the turnover battles.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Schedule tougher than originally thought « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools