Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How did the Saints get so bad?? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

superbuc

Practice Squad
#15 : September 25, 2007, 01:39:54 PM

They got bad because the staff decided they needed to feature Bush instead of going with their bread and butter back and mixing Bush in where he's most useful.

Agreed....

I think now they should 1) use Stecker much more or 2) sign or trade for a bigger back like the 'skins did with the Falcons a year or so ago.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 25, 2007, 01:52:34 PM

What on earth was the drafting of Antonio Pittman about? a 3rd rounder who gets cut after Camp...talk about not doing your homework!

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 25, 2007, 01:55:24 PM

They barried everything from last years accomplishments, along with thier winning ability.

Welcome back 'Aints!

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 25, 2007, 02:11:29 PM

1. NFL = Not For Long. The rest of the league studied up on their offense and apparently Payton didn't have an Act Two.

2. The defense has three good players and a bunch of spare parts. This year the spare parts are playing down to what most thought they were.

3. I don't think they beat a single playoff team last season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 25, 2007, 02:18:27 PM

As above, the Aint's are exactly who we knew they were. Welcome Back NO!

Along those lines FRG, we've beaten two playoff teams and played three very well.

People say that the Bucs haven't beat a team with a W yet like it means something. We've played all three NFC Pro Bowl QB's from a year ago and beat down two of them, and lost a game we should've won on the road to the third one.

I like where we're at on defense and have confidence in our offense scoring 17+ points a game. = 10 wins+ with this defense continuing thier play.

Wait my bad, I think Romo was in the 2006 Pro Bowl, Hasselback was in 2005, nonetheless, Hasselback is a top-5 NFL QB.

#20 : September 25, 2007, 02:31:37 PM

We've played all three NFC Pro Bowl QB's from a year ago and beat down two of them, and lost a game we should've won on the road to the third one.

SEA ran the ball better than we did + SEA threw the ball better than we did + SEA was more physical than we were + SEA played defense better than we did + SEA finished drives better than we did + LARGE dose of homerism = we should've won.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 25, 2007, 02:42:12 PM

Wait a second Ill, we go up 14-0 in the first and we leave with a W.

Yes, in hindsight I should've said could've instead.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 25, 2007, 02:43:04 PM

Way to play Internet 5-0 there Ill.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#23 : September 25, 2007, 03:30:17 PM

Easy - they were never that good to start with.

At least that's possible.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 25, 2007, 04:02:59 PM

How did the saints get so bad?

Geez... where do we start?  And its funny to see people posting on this thread who thought the Saints were going to be All-World this season. 

Here's why the Saints suck:

Bottom line... on offense, they have a good QB, two decent RBs, a 7th round WR who played WAY above his head last year and a bunch of AVERAGE players after that -- including their O-Line.

On defense, they have THREE backups starting at LB and their secondary is the WORST.   

Its SOOOOO good to see an average team, that rode emotion, that EVERYONE was in love with, return to earth. 

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#25 : September 25, 2007, 08:29:25 PM

Sean Payton's EGO just got so big, so fast, he sat on his laurels and started to do things like Gruden.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 25, 2007, 08:50:19 PM

Poor play calling and excution.. Bad secondary, got exposed during the NFC Champ game and now the first 3 games of the season.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 25, 2007, 10:08:55 PM

Katrina Effect people...it was a conspiracy by the NFL!!!!!! THEY ALLOWED THEM TO WIN THOSE GAMES!! IT WAS ALL A STUNT PEOPLE!! JESUS I TOLD YOU ALIENS LANDED IN NEW MEXICO!!!! NOBODY LISTENS TO ME!

BucsRBack07

Practice Squad

#28 : September 26, 2007, 12:44:43 PM

How did the Saints get so bad?
Easy question. I drafted Drew Brees for my fantasy team.

same here buddy!!! may as well have had Rex Grossman to this point!

but it really is a matter of film and being prepared. The Saints aren't a shock or surprise to teams this year. Teams have 16 games of film to study to see how this group will come at them now.

#29 : September 26, 2007, 12:50:10 PM

seriously? why do buc fans care bout how the saints are doing [banghead]
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How did the Saints get so bad?? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools