Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton - An Idea « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Snook

Hall of Famer

: September 25, 2007, 09:26:20 AM

He'd have to add 25 pounds and then would be slow as a slug.

He's slow as a slug now.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 25, 2007, 09:26:56 AM

Besides, we already have a slow TE that can't catch.  His name is Anthony Becht.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 25, 2007, 09:15:52 AM

He'd have to add 25 pounds and then would be slow as a slug.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

original

Pro Bowler

#3 : September 25, 2007, 08:38:31 AM

Could he be converted into a TE?   He blocks well and wouldn't be counted on to catch so often.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 25, 2007, 08:57:28 AM

Might as well.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#5 : September 25, 2007, 08:59:57 AM

thats an idea. dont know if they would do that though.

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 25, 2007, 09:05:17 AM

he could be the fastest pulling guard in history...

captaindabblin

Second String

#7 : September 25, 2007, 09:36:57 AM

H-back.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 25, 2007, 09:46:51 AM

Water boy

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

orlandobuc

Starter

#9 : September 25, 2007, 09:48:49 AM

I dont think he would have to add 25 pounds. He blocks linebackers right now. The problem is he still has to catch the ball to be a threat there and we already have a tight end we are hoping will be very good there. The other thing is we finally have an offensive line that isnt needing as much help from tight ends. We arent needing double TE sets.

He is best taking out a linebacker or receiver to help others get more yards but he has to catch the ball.

zed

Pro Bowler

#10 : September 25, 2007, 09:56:23 AM

I've seen this thread somewhere else before.  Is this deja vu or what?

Anyway, they may have him line up at TE like they were doing before with Stovall.  Why not?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 25, 2007, 09:57:16 AM

This is not a new idea at all.

It is pretty laughable though.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 25, 2007, 11:33:29 AM

We already have Alex Smith who is having a pretty decent year thus far.  Plus behind him, we have Stevens and a guy who catches about as good as Clayton in Becht.  We have some pretty decent depth at that position.

What we need Clayton to be is a WR.  He just isn't cutting it and will be the guy he was the past 2 seasons.  You can blame injuries all you want, but thats not the case.  He's a bust and hey you win some and you lose some.  Galloway, Alex Smith, Hilliard, and Pittman always seem to find a way to get open;seeing it that they catch most of our first downs.  So I don't know what the excuse for Clayton is.  He isn't getting open is all I can think of.

Plus since his mini-tirade on the sidelines Sunday, maybe the Bucs will promote Stovall to slot.  Galloway, Hilliard, Stovall.

Trade Clayton and Simms in a package deal to Miami for Chris Chambers.  HAHA..I remember PFT coming out with a "WRs on the block" rumor and both Clayton and Chambers were on it. 

The Dolphins are 0-3 and soon to be out of the race.  They can swap WRs, getting a younger one in Clayton. They may think they can solve Claytons problem.  Who knows they traded 2nds for Feeley and Culpepper, so who knows what their GM thinks.

Trent Green is most likely done after this year.  They could trade want Simms as a back-up to John Beck or to compete with him for next year..

Yeah I'm pipe dreaming, but can you imagine our O with two WRs of the caliber of Chambers and Galloway.  I mean I like Ike, but he hasn't been a starter since he was with the G-Men.  Hes doing great, but imagine a probowler added opposite Galloway

original

Pro Bowler

#13 : September 25, 2007, 11:41:59 AM

I am just shooting idea's to try and save Clayton.  There has to be a better value in him other then a WR who block but has trouble catching.  Maybe he needs a sports psychologist to get his confidence up. 

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#14 : September 25, 2007, 11:59:09 AM

Clayton is getting open. He just needs to catch with his hands, not his body and hang onto the football.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton - An Idea « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools