Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: VY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
VY
« : September 25, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »

Vince Young is ALREADY better than Donovan McNabb.

VY is more accurate and has already proven that he can handle the pressure....ask any USC fan.

He also doesn't piss and moan about how tough it is to be black.

original

Pro Bowler

VY
« #1 : September 25, 2007, 11:49:37 AM »

I think VY is what the Falcons thought they were getting with Vick.  A QB who can run.  The Falc's got a RB who can throw, big difference.  Vince Young brings a lot to the table.

gump

Starter

VY
« #2 : September 25, 2007, 11:50:03 AM »

VY may have more potential...but he has accomplished almost nothing.  Certainly much less than McNabb.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
VY
« #3 : September 25, 2007, 11:58:28 AM »

VY may have more potential...but he has accomplished almost nothing.  Certainly much less than McNabb.

Wow...you are right.  That National Championship he won at Texas(pretty much on his own)was nothing.....I didn't think of the fact that he hasn't won the Superbowl yet.  You have started 16 games already, Vince, where's that freakin' Superbowl? 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

VY
« #4 : September 25, 2007, 12:05:05 PM »

VY may have more potential...but he has accomplished almost nothing. Certainly much less than McNabb.

Wow...you are right. That National Championship he won at Texas(pretty much on his own)was nothing.....I didn't think of the fact that he hasn't won the Superbowl yet. You have started 16 games already, Vince, where's that freakin' Superbowl?

Overreact much?  Gump is right...  McNabb has proven more in the NFL than Young.  No surprise as he's been here longer.  College trophies don't mean a thin on this level.  VY is young, talented, and still growing.  He's got a lot of upside, but he's not more accomplished than McNabb yet.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
VY
« #5 : September 25, 2007, 12:08:20 PM »

Of course he hasn't won as much as McNabb....He has just started playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point is that VY is more accurate and a better QB all around than McNabb is....anybody want to argue that instead of what a guy in his second year has accomplished?

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
VY
« #6 : September 25, 2007, 12:55:35 PM »

ive been saying this since he was drafted...hes gonna do big things for those titans...but yet people still ride this guys ass he went 5-1 as a starter last year and hes 2-1 this year...7-2 aint that bad as a starter in this league esp. since they dont really have much talent on that team...VY makes everyone that much better

gump

Starter

VY
« #7 : September 25, 2007, 01:10:28 PM »

I understand what you're saying...but talking about just talent...right now...I'm still not sure VY is "better".  He hasn't proven anything at the NFL level.  McNabb has.

Is Calvin Johnson "better" than Donald Driver?
Is Adrian Peterson "better" than Ahman Green?

Could be and many would bet will be...but not yet.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
VY
« #8 : September 25, 2007, 01:14:47 PM »

Yes...VY is better-more talented.

Yes...CJ is better-more talented.

Yes...AP is better-more talented.

Any more of those for me, I like them.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
VY
« #9 : September 25, 2007, 01:16:59 PM »

lol...got to agree

VY
« #10 : September 25, 2007, 01:20:02 PM »

Having not watched the titans play much, I knew VY was a playmaker but didn't know he was that good of a passer. The guy impressed me last nite and will offer a helluva challenge to us in a few weeks.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

VY
« #11 : September 25, 2007, 01:36:39 PM »

Of course he hasn't won as much as McNabb....He has just started playing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point is that VY is more accurate and a better QB all around than McNabb is....anybody want to argue that instead of what a guy in his second year has accomplished?

More accurate? No. McNott has a 58.3 career completion percentage for less than 29,000 yards. Vince has a 53.3 career completion percentage for less than 2700 yards. ADVANTAGE McNOTT!

Wait, isn't McNott a top level NFL QB?

Didn't McNott dominate the league when he had TO as a WR?

Is Vince better between the ears? No

Like McNott, Vince Young is being over-hyped by ESPN and every other national media outlet? Absolutely.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

VY
« #12 : September 25, 2007, 01:42:25 PM »

Having not watched the titans play much, I knew VY was a playmaker but didn't know he was that good of a passer. The guy impressed me last nite and will offer a helluva challenge to us in a few weeks.

Keep in mind it was against the Saints defense.

Also, there was point in the game when the Titans picked off Drew Brees and what does Vince Young do? Well instead of putting his foot on NO's throat he throws an ugly mis-read garbage pass which was of course, picked off by who else but Jason Davis, the guy who's givin up more yards than any corner this year so far.

Hey Vince, your guy wears blue, not black....well until they come to Tampa where they'll leave sporting both black and blue.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
VY
« #13 : September 25, 2007, 01:47:28 PM »

Look past the numbers and look at the throws.  Did you see the throws McNabb made yesterday?  Kevin Curtis was WIDE OPEN...I could have completed those passes.  Look at the windows Vince Young was fitting the ball into.  Much smaller than what McNabb has to do.  McNabb has been a product of his system.

I am not saying VY is Peyton Manning, I am saying he is already better and more accurate than McNabb.  Let see where his completion percentage is at the end of the year.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

VY
« #14 : September 25, 2007, 01:53:10 PM »

Dude, your making comparisons that carry no freaking wieght.

Okay, McNott was throwing passes on the money to "wide open WR's" what difference does it make? Don't try to belittle great passes for the sake of your arguement. Plus most QB's say it's harder to hit a wide open guy than threading the needle.

Also, Vince made average passes against a Pac-10 type secondary. Vince Young also threw some really terrible passes I.E. my above post.

Vince Young ain't ish but a second year player still learning the game, he's better than NO veteran NFL starter. Wait until he dominates some NFL Top-10 type defenses regularly to suggest he's a Top NFL QB.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: VY « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools