Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: VY « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

gone

Hall of Famer
VY
#60 : September 25, 2007, 04:08:07 PM

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

College board, take it there....

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
VY
#61 : September 25, 2007, 04:08:58 PM

I agree that Tebow shouldn't be bashing into Linebackers when the game is in hand, but Urban doesn't call the plays, Dan Mullen does....it's Urban's offense, but Mullen calls the plays, especially when the game is over.

I do know anything that Urban has done to call him an idiot...and I wouldn't call Bowden an idiot out of respect, even though he has done a couple questionable things, namely Jeffrey Bowden.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
VY
#62 : September 25, 2007, 04:10:06 PM

caradoc...calm down...it started out as an nfl thread and turned into this...as do most other threads...(turn into something else than the original topic)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
VY
#63 : September 25, 2007, 04:10:12 PM

Why...this one works just as well.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
VY
#64 : September 25, 2007, 04:10:22 PM

These two have been at each other for a while in good to fair humor.   You are right about the board - but is has been fun to watch.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

VY
#65 : September 25, 2007, 04:10:54 PM

Okay, InternetMessageBoardsPoliceman.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

gump

Starter

VY
#66 : September 25, 2007, 04:16:58 PM

Yes...CJ is better-more talented.

Yes...AP is better-more talented.

Ever hear of Bo Jackson?  He was "better-more talented" than Curtis Martin.  And we all know who NFL coaches and GM's would choose.

BTW...Ahman Green has over 10,000 yards and 70 TDs.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

VY
#67 : September 25, 2007, 04:21:06 PM

Gump you a Packer?

gump

Starter

VY
#68 : September 25, 2007, 04:31:44 PM

Gump you a Packer?

No...I just pulled two guys off the top of my head...ended up with two Cheeseheads!

Driver is a very underrated WR though...and people forget how good Ahman Green was.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

VY
#69 : September 25, 2007, 04:36:54 PM

I agree, both of those players are solid, but they both also played with a HOF QB who made them look sexy. I.E. Mark Clayton and Super Mark Duper.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

VY
#70 : September 25, 2007, 05:24:42 PM

Young isn't god, but god knows Young and Young knows god.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#71 : September 25, 2007, 09:57:14 PM

In this case the stats DO lie.

Vince Young inherited a team that was built around a similar style QB in McNair. McNott inherited the Philthydelhia Iggles, the single reason for the difference in stats alone.

He inherited a team that went 4-12 the year before and I think 0-3 under Kerry Collins. Then took them to 9 wins his rookie season. Same team. His style might be similar to McNair, but it doesn't really benefit him when McNair couldn't win with that club before.

bklynbucs11

Starter

VY
#72 : September 25, 2007, 10:55:47 PM

I too would like to see how Vince would do in a WCO, being forced to throw 35 passes a game, make 3 reads per passing play - timing routes, intermediate posts, really thread the needle, etc. I don't know how well he'll fare. But you know what, IT DOESN'T MATTER. He's not that type of QB. Comparing McNabb and Young - 2 guys who play a completely different style of football is absurd. Donovan is a much better pocket passer. He, after all, does play in the WCO. And though he has a relatively low completion % for that system, at least prior to 2004 he did, he's far more poised for that offense. Right now, thats not Vince's thing. Young's on an offense that features the most potent running game in the NFL. And I mean that, Titans, unlike the Broncos or Colts or Chiefs of old, can run the ball, effectively, against ANYBODY. San Diego's the only team that can compete, but Phillip Rivers scares no one so you can easily stack 8-9 in the box right now. He's also taller, more mobile and has a bigger arm. Its an offense that, when he's ready, will open up the playfake and many deep bombs. He's not ready yet but he's proven to be very talented and poised throughout his maturation process. He should be a very good QB. So why would you try and compare him to a QB that plays a completely different style of offense. If you want to compare Young, compare him as a passer in 3 years to McNair.

I mean hell, I can say every quarterback in the NFL is terrible because if plugged into the Colts offense right now, wouldn't be half as effective as Manning.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

VY
#73 : September 25, 2007, 11:56:33 PM

Granted VY has had some really impressive wins in his rookie year and so far this year, but to say that McNabb has it easier is a joke. Despite McNabb chocking when it counts, the guy has made it to several conference championships with having Fred-ex as his best receiver. As a passer, VY has nothing on McNabb. But as a leader, thats a different story. He may not be the fastest guy on the field, but for some reason, VY always pulls away from defenders.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: VY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools