Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs offensive/defensive team rankings « previous next »
Page: 1

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: September 25, 2007, 01:47:22 PM

Through three games, the Bucs defense is currently ranked #11 overall in the NFL, and tied for #3 in the NFC (Minnesota and TB are both allowing 310.3 yards per game).

Based on points allowed, the Bucs defense is #5 in the league, and #2 in the NFC (12.3 points per game) behind Minnesota (12.0 points per game).

In total offense, the Bucs are ranked #22 in the NFL and #11 in the NFC. Based on points per game, the Bucs are #9 in the NFC and #18 in the NFL.

Interesting note: If the Bucs had managed to score two TD's instead of two FG's against the Seahawks on the road, the Bucs offense would be ranked #11 in the NFL in points per game.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 25, 2007, 01:55:04 PM

Also of note:

Had the Bucs handed off to E.G. a couple of more times instead of taking a knee near the Saints goal line, had they scored another TD, the Bucs offense would be ranked #13 in the league in points.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 25, 2007, 01:56:54 PM

I bet they are close to the NFL's #1 in Kick/Punt return yards allowed.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 25, 2007, 01:58:26 PM

Some individual stats:

Ruud  #1 Tackles
Garcia  #21 Yards, #8 Rating (#5 among starters)
Caddy #25 Yards, #3 (tied) Rush TD
Galloway #19 Yards

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 25, 2007, 02:01:29 PM

Also of note:

Had the Bucs handed off to E.G. a couple of more times instead of taking a knee near the Saints goal line, had they scored another TD, the Bucs offense would be ranked #13 in the league in points.

And I have a dog that is he hadn't stopped to..  and something about a rabbit.  Stats over a year make an impact.   Over a three game span it is just the beginning of collecting data that will become more meaningful later.   JMHO

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 25, 2007, 02:06:33 PM

And I have a dog that is he hadn't stopped to..  and something about a rabbit.  Stats over a year make an impact.   Over a three game span it is just the beginning of collecting data that will become more meaningful later.   JMHO

Of course. It's just an interesting point of discussion right now. I don't care where the offense or defense are ranked, so long as they win a bunch of games.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 25, 2007, 02:12:16 PM

Week 8 is exactly when stats and rankings become rellavent IMO.

Personally, I can care less if a team has the #4 defense/offense in the league, this is Sunday afternoon, ANYone can and will win. Period.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#7 : September 25, 2007, 02:30:22 PM

They show that we are on the right track.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Moosedrool

Starter

#8 : September 25, 2007, 03:28:20 PM

Through three games, the Bucs defense is currently ranked #11 overall in the NFL, and tied for #3 in the NFC (Minnesota and TB are both allowing 310.3 yards per game).

Based on points allowed, the Bucs defense is #5 in the league, and #2 in the NFC (12.3 points per game) behind Minnesota (12.0 points per game).

In total offense, the Bucs are ranked #22 in the NFL and #11 in the NFC. Based on points per game, the Bucs are #9 in the NFC and #18 in the NFL.

Interesting note: If the Bucs had managed to score two TD's instead of two FG's against the Seahawks on the road, the Bucs offense would be ranked #11 in the NFL in points per game.

Well the offense looks a lot better than this trash:
Bucs overall offense rank #24
Overall rushing rank #27
Overall passing #15
Overall scoring #18
Overall touchdowns #24

O, and we won the superbowl that year

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 25, 2007, 03:30:03 PM

Goes to show that stats mean nothing unless it's of the defensive type because defense wins championships.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 25, 2007, 03:52:40 PM

And I have a dog that is he hadn't stopped to.. and something about a rabbit. Stats over a year make an impact. Over a three game span it is just the beginning of collecting data that will become more meaningful later. JMHO

Of course. It's just an interesting point of discussion right now. I don't care where the offense or defense are ranked, so long as they win a bunch of games.

Now that is a stat that means something all year long.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 25, 2007, 06:56:17 PM

What is our turnover ratio?   Plus 4 or 5?!?!  something in that area

You must be accountable for your actions!

gone

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 25, 2007, 06:56:53 PM

+3 I believe.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs offensive/defensive team rankings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools