Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cadillac compared to TOP running backs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 25, 2007, 04:08:43 PM

It is the recent history - like the last 100 carries or so that is the concern at the moment.  But... let's see if this is a trend or an anomoly.  We will know soon enough.  And let's get him around the right end a few more times each game - the man can run. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 25, 2007, 04:13:07 PM

God, it's great to have some people on here with some perspective...DBuc and even that filthy Criminole, BucJam.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 25, 2007, 04:14:47 PM

Good to see new posters with good thoughts - and while I am not doing a commerical you guys need to become insiders. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#18 : September 25, 2007, 04:28:05 PM

Number of fumbles isn't an irrelevant stat. Where on earth did you come up with that?

Anyways, I don't want to know about the number of fumbles in his career. I am strictly speaking this year. Off the top of my head, I know that he has fumbled once in the opener (before his injury so there is no excuse for this one), once last week, and I am failing to recall how many against the Saints but believe it was at least one.

For some reason, I am looking at 2 stat sites which are saying he only fumbled once this season. I know that not to be true so my question is how many fumbles has he had this season per number of rushing attempts? I realize he is injured but fumbling is a problem. He needs to hang onto the football to be successful. These other guys, I would wager are hanging onto it better right now.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 25, 2007, 04:34:11 PM

I never said irelevant nor did I insinuate them to be irrelevant read my post again slower to understand.

I see 2 fumbles in 48 attempts also, at NFL.com and Bucs.com and I think he fumbled against the Saints but it was reversed on a challenge, I believe.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 25, 2007, 04:49:37 PM

The problem with Caddy's fumbles is they have all been attention grabbers.  In the '05 playoff game, he only had 1 fumble but it was a highlight reel game changer.
As BucJam pointed out almost all have been turnovers, which gets more attention from fans and the media than a drop and recovery.

It's like Airline crashes verses car crashes.  More people die EVERY year in car crashes and hardly anyone cares, but 1 plane crash is front page headlines everywhere.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 25, 2007, 04:52:56 PM

Most QB's, even "elite" QB's throw 10-20 INT's every year in 450+ attempts but god forbid a RB fumble it 2-5 in 300+ carries.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#22 : September 25, 2007, 04:53:31 PM

You said invalid. Invalid means meaningless, erroneous, etc. The number of fumbles he has vs. the number of fumbles the backs compared against this season is not invalid. It is very valid. He has fumbled more often than them: according to NFL.com none of them have fumbled.

Anyways, in terms of production I think you also have to look at the strength of the defenses faced. Football Outsiders is a good resource for that. Interestingly enough, according to Football Outsiders, Cadillac ranks better in DVOA than all of the above mentioned guys. I thought for sure they would be better statistically when valued against the defenses they faced but that is not the case.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#23 : September 25, 2007, 04:55:57 PM

He has fumbled 2x in about 50 touches (I am including passes thrown his way because his first fumble was after a catch) not 300 carries. That's once every 25 carries and for a guy who is supposed to carry the ball 25x per game as he is that's one fumble per game and 16 per season. That's bad news.

I don't think this will continue, but it's a problem right now.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#24 : September 25, 2007, 05:00:56 PM

I said calling him fumble prone or anything like that is an invalid point considering his career numbers.

I agree it's a current problem, but it's not a desease nor a prone-ness. It's cureable, imo.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 25, 2007, 05:01:55 PM

Jackson has 803 career carries with 11 career fumbles for an average of 1 fumble per 73.000 attemts.
Caddy has 8 fumbles in 563 attempts for an average of 1 fumble per 70.375 attempts.

Alstott had 32 fumbles in 1359 carries, an average of 1 fumble per 42.47 attempts.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#26 : September 25, 2007, 05:06:38 PM

I didn't call him a fumbler. I said let's look at # of fumbles.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 25, 2007, 05:08:05 PM

Jackson has 803 career carries with 11 career fumbles for an average of 1 fumble per 73.000 attemts.
Caddy has 8 fumbles in 563 attempts for an average of 1 fumble per 70.375 attempts.

Alstott had 32 fumbles in 1359 carries, an average of 1 fumble per 42.47 attempts.

Amazingly only 3 from 2003 to now but for some reason he was considered fumble prone.....whoever is labeling these players needs to wake up.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 25, 2007, 05:09:25 PM

I didn't call him a fumbler. I said let's look at # of fumbles.

I apologize, at the time I read it, I took that small comment as an intended slight. My bad.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#29 : September 25, 2007, 05:10:28 PM

No problem. He is actually my favorite player. If anything, I am a Carnell Williams homer.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cadillac compared to TOP running backs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools