Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: all facts... « previous next »
Page: 1

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« : November 13, 2006, 02:58:13 AM »

Karen, the fact remains that Chris Simms in a Parcells offense, or Charlie Weis offense, or any number of other coaches offenses would blow Gradkowski's stats out of the water. But that's not the situation at hand. Watching the first 3 weeks, it became evident that Gruden wants to run his offense, his way, no matter the personel lining up on the field. If Gradkowski fits Gruden's offense better than Simms, and makes this offense more productive than Simms would, then the Simms vs. Gradkowski battle is a moot point. Simms will not be back. He, his father and his agent are not stupid enough to allow him to be used incorrectly and waste his talents. Simms is a very talented QB, anyone who disagrees with that is mentally challenged, and not worth arguing with. But also, arguing that Gradkowski is a bad QB with no future is equally as futile, unintelligent and premature. The Chris Simms chapter in the novel that is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers has closed, and it's time to move on. Take it from one of the biggest Simms supporters on this forum. Give it a rest, move on. Get behind Gradkowski and hope he is the future. I agree that most of the bubbling and gushing over Gradkowski is uncalled for and unwarranted at this point in time, but so is saying the future looks Grim.

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
« #1 : November 13, 2006, 02:46:58 AM »

Jeez louise---could we stop posting "stats" to try & prove Grads is the 2nd coming of Dan Marino??!! All of the guys you listed were 1st rd picks & have huge potential for improving. I do not see that in our 6th rounder.

Sticks in your craw, does it? A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.

Most of us are aware that this season is a mess and I think most of us can see Gradkowski’s faults as a rookie, but it will make the season go more smoothly if you look for the positives and catch a glimpse of the promise for the Bucs’ future. I know a number of fans seem to feel ill will for Bruce G simply because his name is not Chris Simms and because Gruden is enamored with the rookie. It is your fervent wish that Chris come back and reclaim his job. Who knows, maybe he will and more power to him if he can. The Bucs would be better for it if he proves to be the better QB for Gruden’s offense. Most of us want the best players on the field. But it is time to face facts and deal with the real possibility that he won’t be back. It’s time to get on board with the players we have and stop being such a grinch. :)

We don't all have to be "on board' with all players. Especially if we don't believe they are "all that." And Gruden being enamored with the rookie may be his downfall. Especially if he keeps calling wacky games like he did in NY. I don't see ANY positives at all & see no promise for the future. And every week that goes by looks worse & worse. This calls into question the competence of some coaches. And whether Chris is back or not the future looks pretty grim.

Sorry you are so unremittingly depressed.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma  made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #2 : November 13, 2006, 02:33:58 AM »

Jeez louise---could we stop posting "stats" to try & prove Grads is the 2nd coming of Dan Marino??!! All of the guys you listed were 1st rd picks & have huge potential for improving. I do not see that in our 6th rounder.

Most of us are aware that this season is a mess and I think most of us can see Gradkowski’s faults as a rookie, but it will make the season go more smoothly if you look for the positives and catch a glimpse of the promise for the Bucs’ future. I know a number of fans seem to feel ill will for Bruce G simply because his name is not Chris Simms and because Gruden is enamored with the rookie. It is your fervent wish that Chris come back and reclaim his job. Who knows, maybe he will and more power to him if he can. The Bucs would be better for it if he proves to be the better QB for Gruden’s offense. Most of us want the best players on the field. But it is time to face facts and deal with the real possibility that he won’t be back. It’s time to get on board with the players we have and stop being such a grinch.  :)

We don't all have to be "on board' with all players. Especially if we don't believe they are "all that." And Gruden being enamored with the rookie may be his downfall. Especially if he keeps calling wacky games like he did in NY. I don't see ANY positives at all & see no promise for the future. And every week that goes by looks worse & worse. This calls into question the competence of some coaches. And whether Chris is back or not the future looks pretty grim.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #3 : November 13, 2006, 02:17:38 AM »

Please don't forget the under appreciated BK.

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
« #4 : November 13, 2006, 02:23:29 AM »

Most of us are aware that this season is a mess and I think most of us can see Gradkowski’s faults as a rookie, but it will make the season go more smoothly if you look for the positives and catch a glimpse of the promise for the Bucs’ future. I know a number of fans seem to feel ill will for Bruce G simply because his name is not Chris Simms and because Gruden is enamored with the rookie. It is your fervent wish that Chris come back and reclaim his job. Who knows, maybe he will and more power to him if he can. The Bucs would be better for it if he proves to be the better QB for Gruden’s offense. Most of us want the best players on the field. But it is time to face facts and deal with the real possibility that he won’t be back. It’s time to get on board with the players we have and stop being such a grinch.  :)

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma  made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #5 : November 13, 2006, 01:23:24 AM »

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #6 : November 13, 2006, 02:11:54 AM »

Why is it some want everyone to bend down and kiss the ground Grads walks on because he was a 6th round pick with one INT.....but Nece gets nothing but disrespected on this message board, and he was an undrafted free agent who has done nothing but produce at unexpected levels. He has outplayed his worth 10 times over.

barberiino

Second String

« #7 : November 12, 2006, 08:12:02 PM »

peyton manning rookie stats:     t.d. 26   int. 28   pct. 56.7   rtg. 71.2   sack. 22
vince young stats                        t.d. 5     int. 7     pct. 46      rtg. 53.3   sack. 7
matt leinhart                                t.d. 5     int. 5     pct. 51.6   rtg.66.9    sack. 13
alex smith rookie stats                 t.d 1     int. 11   pct. 50.9   rtg. 40.8   sack 29
bruce gradkowski                         t.d. 6    int. 1      pct. 52.7   rtg. 73.7  sack. 13

« #8 : November 13, 2006, 03:33:30 PM »

Jeez louise---could we stop posting "stats" to try & prove Grads is the 2nd coming of Dan Marino??!!
Why is it some want everyone to bend down and kiss the ground Grads walks on...

The guy didn't even say a word, just posted the stats. Nobody said anything about "the 2nd coming of Dan Marino" or "bending down and kissing the ground Grads walks on" except you two.

Why such an overreaction to some simple stats?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #9 : November 13, 2006, 03:44:13 PM »

Karen, the fact remains that Chris Simms in a Parcells offense, or Charlie Weis offense, or any number of other coaches offenses would blow Gradkowski's stats out of the water.

How can pure speculation be a "fact"?

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #10 : November 13, 2006, 05:04:44 PM »

Seriously man this entire debate is bunk and way played out, its weak...

Baghead #2
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: all facts... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools