Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confidence Game « previous next »
Page: 1 2

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

: September 25, 2007, 04:19:45 PM

It's a huge game not only because we'll be 3-1 if we win but because we need to feel confident about beating Carolina. Carolina is just that team which always gives us a problem. We need to kind of cleanse the closet here of the demons of past games with them.

I think the guys on our roster are capable of doing that. We've got a new sheriff in town who doesn't back down to anybody in Garcia and that's something which I think the Panthers will have to be careful about. If we can stick with the running game, and our OL can run block successfully we have a real shot of winning this game.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 25, 2007, 04:14:38 PM

4-12 is tough. It saps your confidence, and trying to get that confidence back is very difficult.

The Bucs are building on their confidence, and that's starting to show up. A confident player/team has a much greater chance of success than a team/player lacking confidence. The defense is now more confident that the offense will keep them off the field enough to stay fresh, and the offense is now confident that the defense will be able to stop the other team and get the ball back for another shot at points.

The players are confident in their coaches, and the coaches are confident that their players -- especially the young ones along the line and on defense -- are going to play up to their potential.

Now comes the biggest confidence-building game of the season. Beat Carolina in Carolina, and this team will be difficult to bring down as the season rolls along. A 3-1 record to wrap up the first quarter of the season will mean that losing one game won't go too far in shaking that confidence.

While fans might not be too disappointed with a 2-2 record after four weeks, and while a loss at Carolina isn't going to be enough to send a team on a death spiral, 3-1 and a win up there will be huge.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 25, 2007, 04:16:16 PM

Everything you said is true DTG - the key to it all is the production at qb.    And if the buccs do beat the Panthers - Garcia will be the key.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 25, 2007, 04:23:37 PM

Hey Option, it's Carolina who should be scared of us, they have struggled in all 3 of thier games, we're on fire defensively, they may start Carr, we have Garcia.

This game is scheduled for 4:05 PM....I predict we'll be watching the Bucs on Football Night in America with Madden and Micheals.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 25, 2007, 04:49:44 PM

I said this in a previous post, the Bucs are much more confident rolling into Carolina than Carolina is after getting gashed by the Falcons.

One of my favorite games was in '05 in Caro, Caddy went for 112yrds and 2 TD's and the Bucs beat a very good Carolina team at the time in their house. Great game.

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 25, 2007, 04:55:38 PM

Look familiar Keeponbucn?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#6 : September 25, 2007, 04:57:06 PM

Hey Option, it's Carolina who should be scared of us, they have struggled in all 3 of thier games, we're on fire defensively, they may start Carr, we have Garcia.

This game is scheduled for 4:05 PM....I predict we'll be watching the Bucs on Football Night in America with Madden and Micheals.

They can't switch that this early in the season, can they?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 25, 2007, 04:58:14 PM

Look familiar Keeponbucn?

yes! That was an incredible hit. The Bucs were full of confidence heading into that game

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 25, 2007, 05:02:50 PM

I'm 90% sure that the whole season is under the "Flex Scheduling" idea.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : September 25, 2007, 05:09:21 PM

It'd be awesome if that happened. I won't see the game this week due to a golf tournament.

The current game is listed as Seattle at Chicago. I would imagine we will stay at 4:05 and they will stay in their prime time slot.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 25, 2007, 05:28:01 PM

The team is improved, Gruden deserves an extension. 8-8 or 9-7 this year

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#11 : September 25, 2007, 05:38:38 PM

No way!!

Flex scheduling doesn't start til late in the season.... week 10 i believe.

Here you go:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 25, 2007, 05:42:29 PM

Actually Jam, that's 4:05 EST, which is when the second games start. The Sunday night games start at 8:15 EST..

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 25, 2007, 05:48:53 PM

I don't get your interest in pointing out the kickoff time....4:05 PM or 4:05 EST, what's the difference? Actually kickoff isn't until 4:15 when it is the second game of a double header.

I was only predicting that our division lead game may be moved to the Sunday night game with the "Flex Scheduling" deal.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 25, 2007, 06:05:50 PM

then you are 10% wrong! :)
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confidence Game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools