Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confidence Game « previous next »
Page: 1 2

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 25, 2007, 06:31:13 PM

I don't get your interest in pointing out the kickoff time....4:05 PM or 4:05 EST, what's the difference? Actually kickoff isn't until 4:15 when it is the second game of a double header.

I was only predicting that our division lead game may be moved to the Sunday night game with the "Flex Scheduling" deal.

My bad, but our game won't be moved this early in the season..

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/flexible

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 25, 2007, 09:03:22 PM

Damn why a 4 o clock game!

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 25, 2007, 09:11:30 PM

This game will mean a lot ... the 2 win streak is nice, but we've got to show we can beat a team that has a winning record.  The two wins came against two teams that have a combined 0 - 6 record ... its time to prove we're not just beating up on the weak ... its GAME TIME!

BucsRule80

Starter

#18 : September 25, 2007, 09:11:48 PM

What the hell? Why is it a 4 o'clock game. God damned. I don't think I can wait that long.

RangerBuc

Pro Bowler
#19 : September 26, 2007, 06:55:37 AM

This game will mean a lot ... the 2 win streak is nice, but we've got to show we can beat a team that has a winning record. The two wins came against two teams that have a combined 0 - 6 record ... its time to prove we're not just beating up on the weak ... its GAME TIME!

Just to point out that this game means the same to both teams; both are 2-1 with both wins coming against teams with a combined record of 0-6.  In fact both teams have beaten a disintegrating Rams team and hapless division foe.

The differences are small, but could be significant. 

1. While both teams beat the Rams, the Bucs did so by a larger margin, preventing the Rams from scoring a TD at all.  The Panthers scored 7 of their points with a long pass to Smith two plays after Jackson's Fumble (Jackson lost two fumbles in the game, equaling his total for all of last year, and his 4-year annual average all in the first game of the season after having no preseason work).  The Bucs scores were produced through sustained offensive drives, and the Bucs passed on the opportunity to run up the score after Bulger's third interception as they ran out the clock on the Rams' 8 yard line.

2. While both teams beat hapless division opponents who are a combined 0-6, the Rams struggled against a Falcon team that was expected to contend for the 1st over all pick in the '08 Draft and the Bucs Routed a talented, but under-performing Saints team the was one win away from the Super Bowl last year and were expected to be back in the hunt this year.

3. Tampa's one loss came against a very good Seahawks team played on the other side of the country (for some reason, the Bucs have never played well on the West coast).  Carolina's one loss came against a pretty good Texan's team in Carolina.

4. The one notable that favors Carolina is the fact that both their wins came on the road, something Tampa has yet to do this season.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 26, 2007, 07:05:25 AM

The Bucs and Panthers opponents records that they beat are a combined 0-6.    However, if the Bucs and Panthers had lost those games, those same opponents would be 4-2.    I don't think you can tell anything by the records so far this year.   

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#21 : September 26, 2007, 10:01:17 AM

and the Bucs passed on the opportunity to run up the score after Bulger's third interception as they ran out the clock on the Rams' 8 yard line.

so the fact that the bucs ended the game by kneeling the ball at the rams 8 should validate the fact that we knocked the snot out of them. whether it was 24-3 or 31-3 .. every team in the league knows there was a massacre at rayjay sunday. kneeling at the rams 8 almost further validates the massacre, more than scoring another TD would have. plus, it was the right thing to do.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 26, 2007, 03:12:28 PM

I don't get your interest in pointing out the kickoff time....4:05 PM or 4:05 EST, what's the difference? Actually kickoff isn't until 4:15 when it is the second game of a double header.

I was only predicting that our division lead game may be moved to the Sunday night game with the "Flex Scheduling" deal.

To clarify, Fox doesn't have the doubleheader this week, so gametime will be 4:05 or so...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Confidence Game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools