Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5-6 yard runs « previous next »
Page: 1

TDTB

Second String

: November 12, 2006, 10:57:42 PM

Just curious, but how many runs do we have or the 4/5/6 yard variety? It seems we eithre get a big gain, or no gain. To me that screams bad blocking. Until we can consistently gain positive yardage on run plays (hell even if it isn't that much) we aren't going to be a running team. That being said if we abandon the run our rookie QB has no chance.

It isn't like Caddy is dancing. He isn't even really looking for a hole to run through before he takes off because he knows if he isn't at full speed its gonna be for a loss.

gone

Hall of Famer
#1 : November 12, 2006, 11:03:28 PM

Just curious, but how many runs do we have or the 4/5/6 yard variety? It seems we eithre get a big gain, or no gain. To me that screams bad blocking. Until we can consistently gain positive yardage on run plays (hell even if it isn't that much) we aren't going to be a running team. That being said if we abandon the run our rookie QB has no chance.

It isn't like Caddy is dancing. He isn't even really looking for a hole to run through before he takes off because he knows if he isn't at full speed its gonna be for a loss.
Actually, he is dancing quite a bit.

That's not the only problem, or even the biggest, but he is trying to do too much...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 13, 2006, 12:12:37 AM

Caddy needs to hit a hole, or slide closer to the line where he can at least FALL for a gain of 1.

He does dance to much, I have said this for a few weeks now.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5-6 yard runs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools