Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2009 Super Bowl in Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2

gump

Starter

#15 : September 26, 2007, 06:44:42 PM

why are they going straight back to friggin Miami in 2010?!

Because it may be the best location. Reportedly over $1 MILLION people hit the Miami area for the game...ridiculous number.

Great weather (rain was a fluke), plenty to do, great golf, tons of hotels and restaurants, Doral for the NFL, the beach for the wives, it's in the Southeast, etc.

Tampa's weakness is it's size and it's lack of hotels. Orlando helps.
Arizona's weakness is the travel.
NO's weakness is it's availability of great golf, nice resorts for owners.
SD's weakness is the travel.

Those are the mainstays...Anything over the Mason-Dixon line (or Dallas) is done bc an owner was owed a favor.

The size of the Metro area is what is appealing to Miami - other than hotel space is a best a push. Takes the same time to get to Orlando as it does to get from South Beach to Ft. Lauderdale. So adding in Orlando, St. Pete, Sarasota, Bradenton - no I don't think Miami is the best spot. Make sure I have every thing that is mine when I leave that area - don't want a reason to have to go back,

No one goes near the areas that are dangerous in Miami.  All the NFL-related activities were on the beach or downtown.  It was very easy for everyone associated...owners, sponsors, licensees, etc...who were guests of the NFL to get from party to party and event to event.  It's not like that in Tampa. 

The shopping was also within reach of everything.  As were renowned restaurants.

There were also a Lebron James/Cavs game on Friday night.

You could walk the beach  or Collins during the day...star or people watching...and go to celeb parties or have a fine dinner at night. 

There is no comparison...and I'm from Tampa.  The NFL agrees...trust me.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2009 Super Bowl in Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools