Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bulger played with 2 broken ribs..... « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: September 26, 2007, 01:22:05 PM

.....according to the NFL Network. Not sure when that happened or who broke them but it explains a lot and makes me more curious to see just how effective our Defense is in the next few weeks.

I would rather we beat our opponents when they're at full strength. I don't like excuses either way. It makes it impossible to tell who has the better team.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 26, 2007, 01:25:00 PM

Seems the Rams felt he was the best option in their hope for winning - result is what it is.  They lost, buccs won.  Speaks for itself - the old "you are what your record says you are" concept my friend Dalbuc uses.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

simmstheanswer

Starter

#2 : September 26, 2007, 02:47:07 PM

it didn't make a differnce. all it did, watching the game, was limit them to lots of 3 step drops and quick outs to the wr's. they tried to deep a few times, and it got either broken up or picked off. don't discount our D b/c some other players are injured, we will not play, or be, a 100% uninjured team for the rest of the year

kimlogan

Second String

#3 : September 26, 2007, 02:59:37 PM

I don't think they reported them before the game; why should we believe it now.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#4 : September 26, 2007, 03:01:03 PM

Seems the Rams felt he was the best option in their hope for winning - result is what it is. They lost, buccs won. Speaks for itself - the old "you are what your record says you are" concept my friend Dalbuc uses.

Right.  I tried listening to JP again today and he just kept contradicting himself.  "The Bucs have looked better than I thought, BUT, the wins are vs. teams that haven't won a game".  Another...."Stats are for losers", "but here's all these stats that show the Bucs aren't as good as you think they are".

Has he ever thought about the fact that the Bucs were a part of the other teams not having won a game?!  He's a joke.  

Give me Buccaneer Blitz, Brantley, Pepper, espn radio, and sporting news radio, these other local "insiders" are clowns.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 26, 2007, 03:01:21 PM

Somebody else mentioned this in one of the Cadillac/RB threads...probably does affect his ability to throw deep.

#6 : September 26, 2007, 03:06:02 PM

I don't think they reported them before the game; why should we believe it now.

Reporting it before the game would have made those ribs a target. When Brad Johnson went into a game with cracked ribs, we sure didn't tell the opposing team about it.

Somebody else mentioned this in one of the Cadillac/RB threads...probably does affect his ability to throw deep.

I don't know that it was so much his ability to throw deep as it was that they didn't want him to stand in the pocket, vulnerable to getting injured even worse, long enough for the receivers to get deep.

kimlogan

Second String

#7 : September 26, 2007, 03:09:20 PM

Is Bolger going to be out this week? Otherwise why report it now?

#8 : September 26, 2007, 03:14:56 PM

"He was limited going into the game," Linehan said. "He has a couple of broken ribs, but he played with it. We're not going to say that's the reason he didn't have his best game of his career or anything like that. He will be much better this week; he got out of this game pretty healthy."

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 26, 2007, 03:44:03 PM

This week he is not facing the buccs - so I hope he plays great.  Not buying the "tainted" win some are offering. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bulger played with 2 broken ribs..... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools