Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: EXTEND Gruden's Contract NOW! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 14, 2006, 06:56:47 PM

Leave Gruden's contract. If he tanks it again next year, provided hes still here, then good riddance.

However, Muir needs to go, along with those 2 clowns from USC we got coaching our DL and Secondary.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

watson

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 14, 2006, 07:06:18 PM

And Bucs fans:  GROW SOME STONES! Stop your sniveling and whining and moaning and groaning and crying.  Boo hoo we suck.  At least the Creamsickle Gang can say they know what its like to lose. They should be the first ones to stand up and have some stones and tell people to STOP CRYING!  You bunch of babies.  Figure it out: Gruden is our coach and we need to stick with him.

I use the Cowher example because Cowher, like Gruden, has a strong character. But it takes more than that. For a coach to have respect he has to have full backing from the ownership. Rooney said to the fans "Cowher is our guy. Period" and they backed it up with a contract. If Cowher didn't have that 100% support he couldn't do what he did. And Gruden or any coach can only get the respect they need if they have 100% backing by the ownership.
Amen!!  

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 14, 2006, 07:31:49 PM

Leave Gruden's contract. If he tanks it again next year, provided hes still here, then good riddance.

However, Muir needs to go, along with those 2 clowns from USC we got coaching our DL and Secondary.
Leave it to USC Defensive coaches to destroy the Bucs credibility.

ZenBuc

Practice Squad

#18 : November 14, 2006, 07:34:45 PM

After the Atlanta game in which they ran the college option over and over because we couldn't stop it, I thought immediately of the Texas-USC game and our new coaches...

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 14, 2006, 08:51:00 PM

Well he won't win if he can't get coaches and free agents to come here and if the players know that he could be a lame duck coach.

So you are saying lets throw in the towel and waste a whole year just to prove get even with Gruden, to show the world that Gruden isn't all he is cracked up to be.  Do you go to the games?  Because why do you want to basically guarantee a losing season?

My suggestion is that it isn't all about Gruden. Its about where we want this team to go. Whatever coach we have should be fully supported by the ownership or we'll lose.  Whatever coach we have should not be on his way out of town.  When Dungy was in his last year the players tanked on him because they didn't know what the future would hold.  Unfortunately thats the way it goes with players these days.  He couldn't hire the coaches because he was in his last year and no good coaches wanted to come in knowing they could easily be out of a job after the season.  Why do we want a repeat of that?

I suggest winning is more important than having Gruden get his comeuppance.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 14, 2006, 08:54:34 PM

Gruden's contract is for five years starting in Feb. 2002.  So next year is the last year of his contract. 

I think I read somewhere that they reworked Gruden's contract a couple of years ago, and it was extended by a couple of years.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#21 : November 14, 2006, 09:00:48 PM

After the Atlanta game in which they ran the college option over and over because we couldn't stop it, I thought immediately of the Texas-USC game and our new coaches...

LOL!

Good point!!!

Blade

Starter

#22 : November 14, 2006, 09:01:58 PM

Wow....I wish you were my boss. Underperform and you get an extension! Not only that...but you get a raise!!! Get outta here. I think everyone would understand why the Glazers would not committ more of their money to a coach who isn't winning. Is this creating a "lame duck" season? Are you kidding me? His job is on the line...this next season might just be the greatest coaching job of his life. The fact that he won the Super Bowl is what will see him to the end of that contract, if he hadn't done that he'd be gone by the end of the season. I hope he gets us back to the playoffs next year...but I'm a BUC fan not necessarily a Gruden fan. If firing him is what has to be done, we need to do it next year. We may win 2 games this whole season....it's not like it can get much worse. (And this town has already endured a winless season)

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#23 : November 14, 2006, 09:22:44 PM

He won the division last year! 

Blade

Starter

#24 : November 14, 2006, 09:27:45 PM

He won the division last year...so that gets him 2 years PLUS an extension? No..don't think so. Because he's had some success he deserves this year and next...basically finish out his contract and at that time the team needs to determine whether we're headed in the right direction, and is he the best man for the job. This is Pro Football. It's about results sooner rather than later, I think Jon knows that. If you want him to have that kind of loyalty... I hear there's a coordinator position open in Tallahassee.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#25 : November 14, 2006, 09:34:06 PM

I'll coach.....

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#26 : November 14, 2006, 09:41:27 PM

Yep, extend Gruden. Lifetime contract.
 Wow. Based on what? Are you related? Jeez, produce or you're outta here! Have you ever heard ANY or ALL of the players who have left here? None of them have warm & fuzzy feelings about Gruden. And I don't think they are all sour grapes, either. I think he has a problem relating to his players. And if you think giving Gruden a huge extention would help this team you are wrong. If players have to put up or shut up so do the coaches--including the HC.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 14, 2006, 09:47:21 PM

Gruden's contract is for five years starting in Feb. 2002.  So next year is the last year of his contract.

In 2004, Gruden's contract was extended through the 2008 season. He is now guaranteed $4.3 million each for the 2007 and 2008 seasons. Gruden isn't going anywhere this year, and will be the coach here in 2007 at least.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#28 : November 14, 2006, 09:49:48 PM

Yep, extend Gruden. Lifetime contract.
 Wow. Based on what? Are you related?

LOL........you just don't get it do you Karen.   ;)

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 14, 2006, 09:50:11 PM

Blade, once again this is about what is good for the team, not what the coach deserves or doesn't deserve. I'm not Gruden's fairy godfather. I'm a Bucs fan.   I'm not worried for Gruden getting justice or not.  Let God worry about judging Gruden.  Let us worry about whats best for the team.

Is this team better off with Gruden as the coach? Do we like the direction things are heading?  Or do we need to find a better alternative for this team?  We know enough about Gruden.  The Glazers know enough about Gruden to make that decision one way or another right now.  Its not about a short term record. Its not about what Gruden deserves.  Do we want him or don't we? Thats what its about.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: EXTEND Gruden's Contract NOW! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools