Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shawne Merriman wants out « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

DeadmenTNT

Starter
: September 26, 2007, 06:29:44 PM

In the immortal words of Emily Litella, "Never mind".

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

zed

Pro Bowler

#1 : September 26, 2007, 03:32:11 PM

That's what I heard on the Radio.  I even forgot what station.  He says there's a time to move on.

That is the kind of player that will destroy locker rooms.

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 26, 2007, 03:34:55 PM

Merriman is a moron.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 26, 2007, 03:35:28 PM

He destroys QBs, too.  If he wants out, I'm sure there will be a long line of teams ready to trade for him.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 26, 2007, 03:35:37 PM

It's the roids talking.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 26, 2007, 03:40:26 PM

What would the NFL be without the Primma Donnas?!?!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 26, 2007, 03:42:09 PM

Better?

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 26, 2007, 03:43:02 PM

Better?
You just might be onto something there DTG

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#8 : September 26, 2007, 03:45:07 PM

Better?

Works for me.  Too tiresome.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 26, 2007, 03:47:54 PM

A lot of Charger players want out of Norv's world.  Like we did not see this happening....Norv has a short time span to turn around the fortunes of that talented team and hold off mutiny in his own locker room.

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 26, 2007, 03:53:21 PM

A lot of Charger players want out of Norv's world.  Like we did not see this happening....Norv has a short time span to turn around the fortunes of that talented team and hold off mutiny in his own locker room.

It's not about Norv.  The players were PISSED, royally so, when Marty got canned.  The Coach/GM struggle there was far uglier than the one here, and the result is a team that should be one of the top 3 is now a bottomfeeder. 

Marty had brought that team up and turned them into what looked to be a perennial contender, and the players believed in him.  In Tampa there was a lot of talk about guys being annoyed at Tony for not holding the O to the same standard as the D, and they were getting worse, not better.  In SD they were getting better each year.  The players knew this and then watched Marty get his nads cut off in a petty personality/power struggle.  I'd bet close to half the team doesn't want to be part of that organization any longer...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : September 26, 2007, 03:54:41 PM

^^^^^^^^^ And that is well thought out 'doc - nice post. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 26, 2007, 04:05:13 PM

Yes what happened to Marty may be a result of why they are directing that anger towards Norv (even if it is not justified).

But Norv Turner took a Chargers offense and turned it on its head.  That is why LT is upset and why there is grumbling.  If the Chargers were winning none of this grumbling would occur about what happened with Marty.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 26, 2007, 04:09:51 PM

What? Man, that guy is a freak, I hope the Bucs make a run.

Imagine, Merriman, Ruud, June    daymn!

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 26, 2007, 04:11:09 PM

This just makes me believe that the NFL is never consistent. San Diego (You take away LT and that team is pretty much nothing).

New England (You take away Brady or BeliCHEAT) they are going to look like the Patriots of the 80s.

Dallas ( Take away Romo and TO) your back to the Quincy Carter Cowboys era.

Teams are just so heavily dependent on key players. Coaches too. Any given sunday people.....I think the Bucs are an example of that (considering last years season).

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shawne Merriman wants out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools