Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shawne Merriman wants out « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

STRICK-9

Starter

#15 : September 26, 2007, 04:14:02 PM

This wasn't about Sean Merriman......it's Shawn Merriam from the Pheonix in the NBA.  He said he's tired of the trade talk and wants out b/c the team wouldn't give him a 3 yr/60 million dollar contract extension.  

I don\'t believe in the Electric Chair...I believe in Electric Bleachers!

BucJam07

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 26, 2007, 04:16:11 PM

Thank you Strick....once I saw the thread title I knew it was bogus.

Btw, that's Shawn Marion from the Suns.

You Can't Spell SCUM Without The

Sgt.Shultz

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 26, 2007, 04:36:36 PM

THEN WTF IS THIS DOING IN A FOOTBALL BOARD?!?!?!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 26, 2007, 04:51:27 PM

In other news, Garcia has shoulder surgery

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#19 : September 26, 2007, 04:58:47 PM

That's what I heard on the Radio.  I even forgot what station.  He says there's a time to move on.

That is the kind of player that will destroy locker rooms.
Please tell me you have never called me an idiot on this board? If you have, I may have to commit suicide.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#20 : September 26, 2007, 05:02:02 PM

In other news, Garcia has shoulder surgery

Oh noes! There goes our pitching rotation. =P

zed

Pro Bowler

#21 : September 26, 2007, 05:05:04 PM

Sorry guys, my bad.

#22 : September 26, 2007, 05:40:59 PM

He destroys QBs, too.  If he wants out, I'm sure there will be a long line of teams ready to trade for him.

exactly

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler

#23 : September 26, 2007, 05:45:48 PM

shawn marion wants out -- maybe we should bring him in for a look.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 26, 2007, 05:51:06 PM

shawn marion wants out -- maybe we should bring him in for a look.

Yes, I agree, this team is VERY thin at power foward.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler

#25 : September 26, 2007, 05:55:45 PM

and next year we can bring in j-kidd to run the offense.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 26, 2007, 07:08:58 PM

This just makes me believe that the NFL is never consistent. San Diego (You take away LT and that team is pretty much nothing).

New England (You take away Brady or BeliCHEAT) they are going to look like the Patriots of the 80s.

Dallas ( Take away Romo and TO) your back to the Quincy Carter Cowboys era.

Teams are just so heavily dependent on key players. Coaches too. Any given sunday people.....I think the Bucs are an example of that (considering last years season).

how about a big DUH on that one

BucsRule80

Starter

#27 : September 26, 2007, 07:10:28 PM

What? Man, that guy is a freak, I hope the Bucs make a run.

Imagine, Merriman, Ruud, June daymn!

Merriman is a better 3-4 pass rushing LB. And BTW, this thread is pathetic. I can't believe you got Shawn Marion mixed up with Shawn Merriman

superbuc

Practice Squad
#28 : September 26, 2007, 07:20:32 PM

Thanks, Zed. Maybe he can be our #2 WR!

PHOENIX (AP) -- Phoenix Suns forward Shawn Marion, the team's highest-paid player and a four-time All-Star, says he wants to be traded after eight years with the club.

Marion said he decided to ask to leave because the team considered trading him over the summer and won't talk about a contract extension.

Marion told The Arizona Republic late Tuesday that he had informed the team of his desires and has struggled with the decision

"I'm tired of hearing my name in trades," Marion said by phone from his Chicago home. "I love my fans in Phoenix, but I think it's time for me to move on."

Marion has two years left on his contract, which will net him $16.4 million for this season and $17.8 million in 2008-2009.

Suns general manager Steve Kerr declined to comment.

Marion said the Suns' decision not to enter contract-extension talks is only part of the reason he wants to leave. He also said the team's consideration of a three-way trade that would have sent him to the Boston Celtics in a deal landing the Minnesota Timberwolves' Kevin Garnett in Phoenix was a factor. Garnett has since been traded to the Celtics.

"I feel they tried to force my hand to Boston with the Garnett stuff," the 29-year-old said.

"I haven't done anything wrong. I leave it on the floor night in and night out," Marion said. "Sometimes it's just time to move on."

Marion said he would report as required for training camp Monday if he is still with the team. Besides Boris Diaw, who is expected to report Wednesday, the rest of the team is already in Phoenix for voluntary workouts.

"I'll do what I've got to do," he said. "I'm a professional. I'm not bitter. I love the fans, but I've got to take care of me."

grefly

Starter

#29 : September 26, 2007, 08:34:37 PM

'S alright, Zed. I can see how the names might sound the same on the radio.

At least we had some fun with it.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Shawne Merriman wants out « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools